Use Up Your Stash 2013 - Session 1

Used up a jar of alter ego garlic con. I'm doing an over night dc. I'm not sure if this will be a repurchase..... the price mainly but i don't think it reduced my shedding.... tomorrow will tell.

My scalp is really dry. I want to DC but I don't want to have to do my hair afterwards :lol: I may still do it anyway. My scalp and hair is thirsty.

Hey..... I got left behind (taps foot impatiently)

Off to find previous stash list. Please add me to list of challengers JJamiah

Last edited:
ok found it

Shampoo

Oyin Honey wash (just finished)
Chagrin Valley shampoo bar Aruvedashampoo bar
Chagrin Valley Coconut
Olive Oil Root Stim mineral remover shampoo (just a tine bit left)

Spritz

Oyin Go tea
Gregs Juice Just threw the rest away. Didn't like
Komaza Coconut spritz (this is the one I'm staying with)

Oils

Vatika Frosting
Yummy pressed coconut oil from our farmers market (want to stay with this one)
grapeseed oil
Bask seven butters
Random almond oil
Castor oil (this will also stay)
Bask chocolate cocobutter oil hair/body

Creamy hair dressings

Oyin Hair Dew
Komaza care coconut hair milk
Qhemet Moringa tree ghee
Qhemet Coco detangling ghee
Somebody's coconut hair cream
BASK Latte hair milk

Conditioners

Elucence moisture balace
Elucence light protein
GPB
White Calinda sp something
VO5
Shea moisture
Oyin honey hemp
Curl junkie strawberry moisture and banana deep fix
BASK chocolate deep conditioner hair mask
Knot Today (finished)
Pack of ORS
Beauticurls Argan Oil

Smoothers

Curls in a bottle
Aloe fix
Komaza coconut curl pudding
Kinky K hair pudding
Almond glaze (hairveda)
Ecostyler gel

Vitamins
GNC nourish hair, vits C, D, E F and G

I've made the most progess with conditioners. Now I'm going to focus on creamy hair dressings. Sounds like I'm making salad.

Last edited:
* My name is Growahead and I'm 13 days without a purchase * :lachen:

I am focusing on using up all mostly used items. So my wash days are focused on those shampoos and conditioners with a couple washes left! hope to use up at least one thing today :grin:

Happy Stash Using ladies

Ladies I updated the list :-)

Braided up so I won't be using much up for now.
GrowAHead that is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Used a silk elements mega silk moisturizing conditioner (1 back up left). Since I've been focusing on 'right sizing' my stash I've been consistently washing 2x per week.

I love this stuff, its my staple for the moment.

Ladies I updated the list :-)

Braided up so I won't be using much up for now.
GrowAHead that is awesome. Keep up the good work.

JJamiah
Woot woot, IDK you got braided up. So how long are you leaving them in?

Have 2 samples left to use & will not repurchase that product..

Eight bottles of oil..GONE! Will not repurched..Focus on complete ingredient list.only single oil,Rice Bran (HG) oil..Sunflower oil I cook with..

Happy Hair Growing!

I love this stuff, its my staple for the moment.

JJamiah
Woot woot, IDK you got braided up. So how long are you leaving them in?

ZebraPrintLover I am going to try for three weeks to a month. Really want to focus on school. But I will braid it back up until my semester ends. I have spring break to leave it out and possibly the two weeks before the hairshow.

Sent from my (SPH-L710) Galaxy III using LHCF

Used up 1 Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle this week. I have quite a few left. I will be putting in braids Feb. 9 so will use up 1 CJ Repair Me next weekend (1 use left) and Oyin Honey Hemp by Feb. 9 (about 5 co-washes left).

Also used up Philosophy Homemade Pumpkin Pie shower gel (mainly body, but used to clarify hair as well) and Bask Whipped Custard (used on body and hair).

Avoided the temptation to go to the BSS to see if they had the Dax roots product. Will wash later this evening and use up some samples.

Used up the Wen Fig sample and the Mega Silk sample. Don't know what i was thinking buying a 1oz sample of a conditioner. I know I can't do anything with 1 oz of conditioner :nono: I hope I'm not wasting my time.

Used up the Ouidad gel. Drop my sample of Qhemet gel on the floor :sad: I have enough to try it again on Saturday. Maybe I can stretch it.

Almost finished with the KomazaCare Califia Moisturizing Cream. Want to try it on a section of dry hair.

Finally Used up Afroveda Totally twisted .a little goes a long way ,i used it as a styler ,works well as a light edge smoother.
Opened Afroveda Hemp seed butter .

I m hoping to finish Shea moisture restorative mask soon,it makes my hair poofy and dry .

Last edited:
I used up the following items below. Really trying to get rid of it products that are not HG status.

Organix conditioner - will not repurchase
Jar of glycerin (small) - will repurchase
Bottle of Rusk conditioner (small) - will not repurchase

I'm going to be making a box for my older sister, not sure yet what's going in it but I'll let you guys no when I'm finished with it. I've really been striking out lately when I buy n try new products so lately I've just been purchasing staples. I have 4 containers of cholesterol and 3 of each of my staple leave ins. That makes much more sense to me. So I'm doing good.

I purchased 2 Neutrogena triple moisture conditioners and was able to get rid of one of them in my henna gloss. I still have a shampoo, a conditioner and 2 pomade to finish. I can't wait to finish them and buy some new pra-ducts!!!

Used up Oyin HH, CJ Repair Me, and Camille Rose Love Curl Milk (loved it on my body :love:).

I have updated the list with things I have used up and bought. I am putting in extension braids next weekend so I will using up very little for a few weeks and will not buy anything until at least June 30.

Cleanser/Co-Wash/Detangling Conditioners
Ouidad Curl Co-Wash - (2)
Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle - (12)
Shea Moisture Black Soap Purification Hair Masque - (5)

Deep Conditioners/Protein Treatments/Rinse out Conditioners
Aubrey Organics GPB - (1)
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab - (1)
Curl Junkie Repair Me - (1)
DB Pumpkin Seed Conditioner - (2)
Jessicurl Too Shea - (2)

Moisturizers
Camille Rose Moisture Butter - (1)
Oyin Whipped Pudding - (1)
Oyin Hair Dew - (2)
PBN Sapote Lotion - (2)
PBN Murmuru Moisture Milk - (2)

Gels/Oil/Butters/
Sprays
Ecostyler/Xtreme Gel - (3)
Meadowfoam Seed Oil - (1)
Castor Oil - (1)
Nubian Heritage Repair & Extend Butter - (1)
Nubian Heritage Black Seed & Honey Keratin Spray - (1)
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Moisture Mist - (1)

Ayurvedic Powders

Amla Powder 100 grams - (5)
Hibiscus Powder 100g - (2)
Brahmi Powder 100g - (3)
Bhringraj Powder 100g - (3)
Sukesh Ayurveda 100g - (2)

Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to let you ladies know I will be on a small hiatus until my semester is over. I will be back by April 30, 2013 to start the new thread, if not @ZebraPrintLover please call me. I have got to get on my grind and put my nose to the books. I am cutting off all connection with social medias, so I can put forth all that energy to finishing school with great grades.

I know you ladies will continue to do awesome and I will strive to continue to do so as well.
@faithVA and all the wonderful ladies of this challenge, I will be back :)

Later!

Good Luck JJamiah, I hope you rock it this semester!

As for my update:

Things 90% gone:
Komazacare Moisture Mask (Ill add a egg and use it as a protein prepoo)
Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk (Using it under my gel in the morning while styling)

Gone:
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Luv Naturals Conditional Luv

Will repurchase both!

DELETE!
my-stash-for-the.html

Last edited:
Back