Use Up Your Stash 2013 - Session 1

Finished-
*Shea Moisture-Coconut Hibiscus Curl Cream..
I have finished a couple if staples,that I have to reorder,just 1 of each...The rest I finished up,will not repurchase....So my stash is looking,less/less..

*I will list my repurchase (here) & monthly (buy) section.

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Butters gone!

HG- Holy Grail: will replace when I am about to run out
S - Staple: will replace if there is a very good sale AND I am about to run out of everything in that category.
T - Testing: trying to find a staple and/or holy grail moisturizer(s); will replace if it makes it to HG or S
U - Use up: priority use up; will not repurchase.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleanser/Co-Wash/Detangling Conditioners
HG - Ouidad Curl Co-Wash - (2)
HG - Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle - (12)

Deep Conditioners/Protein Treatments/Rinse out Conditioners
HG - Curl Junkie Curl Rehab 32oz - (1)
HG - Curl Junkie Repair Me 12oz- (2)
S - DB Pumpkin Seed Conditioner 16oz - (2)
S - Jessicurl Too Shea 32oz - (2)
S - Aubrey Organics GPB 11oz - (1)
U - Oyin Honey Hemp 32oz - (2)

Moisturizers/Gels/Oil
T - Oyin Whipped Pudding 8 oz (1)
T - Camille Rose Moisture Butter 8 oz - (1)
T - PBN Sapote Lotion 8oz - (2)
T - PBN Murmuru Moisture Milk 8oz - (2)
T - Oyin Hair Dew 16oz - (2)
S - Ecostyler/Xtreme Gel - (3)
HG - Grapeseed Oil 16oz - (1)
S - Meadowfoam Seed Oil 16oz - (1)
S - Castor Oil 12oz - (1)
U - Camille Rose Curl Love Milk 8oz - (2)
U - Bask Silk & Honey Latte Milk 8oz - (2)

Ayurvedic Powders

Amla Powder 100 grams - (5)
Hibiscus Powder 100g - (2)
Brahmi Powder 100g - (3)
Bhringraj Powder 100g - (3)
Sukesh Ayurveda 100g - (2)

Last edited:
My name is lamaria and I'm addicted to coconut oil. I have 4 different jars in my house right now. I keep 2 in the bathroom (one me n my family use in place of conventional lotion, and one is for medicinal use like cuts n scrapes *3 boys) I have one in my kitchen for cooking and one in my stash for hair care. I feel better

Good grief I have not updated in a long while. I used up a jar of Spectrum EVCO and a 32oz bottle of Redken Smoothdown Conditioner so far and almost done with my last bottle of v05 Free Me Freesia.

I really need to clarify and deep condition my hair right about now. I haven't DCed in almost 2 weeks:nono: and my hair is screaming "I NEED PROTEIN."

I hate when theres just a lil bit of product left in a bottle, you've turned it upside down to get everything and the dern thing takes forever to finish !!!!

thats my struggle with this purabody muru muru moisture milk :fistshake:

I hate when theres just a lil bit of product left in a bottle, you've turned it upside down to get everything and the dern thing takes forever to finish !!!!

thats my struggle with this purabody muru muru moisture milk :fistshake:

:lachen: I had the same problem w/ the darcys botanicals sweet cocoa bean curl smoothing cream. I just went ahead and threw it out. trying to use every last drop was becoming a chore

Last edited:
@klsjackson, your list is great! I am copying it and updating it cause we have similar stashes.

I have more to add....later

Oils:
Coconut: 1 bottle
JBCO: 1 bottle
WGO (2 bottles)

Shampoo:
CON (original)
Nairobi (detoxifying and moisturizing)
KeraCare Hydrating
KeraCare 1st lather poo
Aveda damage remedy
Silk 2 longer and stronger poo
Silk 2 (detoxing poo)
Kenra Moisturizing poo

Deep Conditioners:
Nairobi Humecto
Nairobi Stimu-sil
Nairobi Prota-sil
KeraCare Humeto
LeKair cholesterol (1 tubs) (finished one tonight)
ORS Replenishing conditioner
Affirm 5n1
Aveda damage remedy
Kenra Moisturizing con

Instant/Rinse OutConditioners:
Roux Porosity control
French Perm Stabilizer
Nairobi soft finish leave in
Aveda damage remedy
Suave Almond and Shea (x2)

Moisturizers:
Mizani Rose H2O
Mizani H2O Intense night treatment
Nu gro moisturing spray (x2)
Hawaiin Silky 14 n 1

Styling Products/Leave ins:
Chi – Silk Infusion
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
Nairobi mousse
Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin
Mizani
KeraCare Leave In conditioner
Redken Anti snap
Its a 10
Salerm
Global Keratin mist

Relaxer:
nairobo– tub
nairobi protector (x2)
silk 2 protector
vitale corrector

I steamed with lustrasilk and oil, so one down, I applied the its a 10 (so its in use), nu gro spray and will oil my scalp with wgo before I go to bed.

More to add....

Lita good for you :yay:

now Ive moved on to SD mocha silk. Ive had to Dr it up with SAAs and honeyquat now its just OK. I still have to use something over it like HV moist 24/7 or whipped coulds.

hopefully I can move through it the end of the month or early feburary

Also finished a Curly Whipp Pudding :grin:

2013 is looking like a very good year to chisel some things off my list..

Lita good for you :yay:

now Ive moved on to SD mocha silk. Ive had to Dr it up with SAAs and honeyquat now its just OK. I still have to use something over it like HV moist 24/7 or whipped coulds.

hopefully I can move through it the end of the month or early feburary

SimJam I gave my SD mocha away,it worked ok,lately my hair needs more..HV moist is finished..Will not repurchase.

*Wow! We have a lot of the same products..

Happy Hair Growing!

SimJam I gave my SD mocha away,it worked ok,lately my hair needs more..HV moist is finished..Will not repurchase.

*Wow! We have a lot of the same products..

Happy Hair Growing!

haha ... I think we have the same dealer ... Miss IDareT'sHair :lachen:

Mocha silk detangles great but the smell? :nono: Not what I expected at all.

whatchu talkin about ? I love the smell .... prolly the only reason why Im inclined to give it a chance. Unlike DBs transitioning cream ..... yukkkkk ...... I threw that mess away, nothing cud mask that smell lol

Also finished a Curly Whipp Pudding :grin:

2013 is looking like a very good year to chisel some things off my list..

I actually did up a master inventory in excel and Im enjoying crossing the finished items off the list:yep:

BTW who makes the curly whipp pudding ? :look:

I actually did up a master inventory in excel and Im enjoying crossing the finished items off the list:yep:

BTW who makes the curly whipp pudding ? :look:

3 sisters by nature :D

I bet you do love crossing it off, because I am over joyed when I use up a product too... LOL

Ok so I've come in here to fess up, I've been a :badgirl::hide:

I already bought my purchase of the month a couple of weeks. I've been wanting to try the Mizani supreme oil line for a looong time, I see an ad pop up with the whole line for like $34.98 which is less than half price ($74.00) in the UK I can get this set for £65.

http://www.ensleybeautysupply.com/Product/5176/Mizani-Supreme-Oil-System-Combo.aspx
Even with the $26.00 shipping, I'm still saving £25 I just couldn't resist :blush: This line is really expensive over here, the individual items retail from between £18.50 - £22 at the cheapest vendor I've found over here so as you can see I've made a huge saving and I'm totally :busted:

I need to redeem myself! The whole point of joining this challenge was to use up the stuff I've already got not add to it: I intend to forfeit my next month's purchase and I don't intend to start using the Mizani until I have significantly reduced my stash by about 20 products (or more), so I'm probably looking at summertime. I also want to use the line exclusively to see how it works for me, I'm looking for HGs and staples.

Although the pack contains 4 items, as it is a single purchase, does it count as one purchase or 4 separate purchases? :look:

Gave a bottle of Bask Silk & Honey Latte and CR Curl Love Milk away.

I am working through another bottle of each. Once used up will not repurchase.

Ok so I've come in here to fess up, I've been a :badgirl::hide:

I already bought my purchase of the month a couple of weeks. I've been wanting to try the Mizani supreme oil line for a looong time, I see an ad pop up with the whole line for like $34.98 which is less than half price ($74.00) in the UK I can get this set for £65.

http://www.ensleybeautysupply.com/Product/5176/Mizani-Supreme-Oil-System-Combo.aspx
Even with the $26.00 shipping, I'm still saving £25 I just couldn't resist :blush: This line is really expensive over here, the individual items retail from between £18.50 - £22 at the cheapest vendor I've found over here so as you can see I've made a huge saving and I'm totally :busted:

I need to redeem myself! The whole point of joining this challenge was to use up the stuff I've already got not add to it: I intend to forfeit my next month's purchase and I don't intend to start using the Mizani until I have significantly reduced my stash by about 20 products (or more), so I'm probably looking at summertime. I also want to use the line exclusively to see how it works for me, I'm looking for HGs and staples.

Although the pack contains 4 items, as it is a single purchase, does it count as one purchase or 4 separate purchases? :look:

4 separate ones as it's 4 products,.
Girl i heard that Mizani Oil has awful ingredients ,mineral oil,cones,glycols, isopropyl mysriate ...

LOL @SimJam. My BF is a mess!! He calls me a product hoarder! He asked me one day how would I know if certain products really work over time if I have so many...that's when I decided it's time for me to decide on some staples.

@lovestarr- I had the same thought this week, in terms of growth aids, topical and oral. Some product gave me great thickness and some length last year (before I slacked off) but I don't know what is was - so I have to try to put all of the products i used and took back in rotation. Obviously, I already have "the product(s)" which gives me results . So if I keep jumping like a grasshopper from product to product I will keep wasting money on products,

My goal is to use every topical product I have and take every supplement I have before I purchase ANYTHING else - excluding staples such as MN, EVOO, EVCO, SULFUR, multivitamin, HSN, bamboo extract, vitamin d, b-complex, etc.) AND use the money I save to help fund my EOY vacation cruise.:yep:

Vitamins/supplements should be a part of this challenge (and so should I :yep:). I bet the real PJs have a serious stash of supplements also.

Back