Use Up Your Stash 2013 - Session 1

I'm going to have to use my Wen to CW tomorrow to get that V05 crap out of my hair. I took the big bottle back to the store today and ended up getting HE hello hydration

Moving in with my boyfriend when my lease is up in April and he commanded me to get rid of 75% of my 60+ product stash :lol: I finished up VO5 condish today :yep: One down!

Komaza Olive Moisture mask

I need to use up everything before I even consider sister locks

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Doing a reconstructive treatment right now with the Keracare Intensive Restorative Masque (So its now in progress).....I'll then follow up with my Tea rinse mixture and top that with the last of my Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk (It will then be officially gone, its a def. repurchase; I actually have some on its way to me right now :lick:). Ill steam w/ the Tea/DC combo and then seal it in with the Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil Serum w/ Argan Oil (Almost gone). Ill then use it again to seal in my Leave In's and to M&S this week to finish it off. I think I will make my own mixture of this oil in the future. I've done it before and it worked just as well :).

I'd like to join this challenge. My stash isn't large but I'd like to clear some of this stuff out b4 purchasing stuff. Will update as I find/remember stuff. My list is in my shorthand so it may be a little confusing:

-Shampoos
1 terressentials lavender mud wash
1 KC CC

- Conditioners
3/4 suave everlasting sunshine
3/4 suave waterfall mist
1/2 suave juicy green apple
3/4 HE HIS
<1/2 AO GPB and HSR
<1/2 of GIO SAS AND TTTT (staple)
< 1/2 Megatek
1/2 tresemme nat vib smooth
> 3/4 EDS
1/2 PM TD

- Deep Conditioners
1 SE OO DC
1 ORS Orc

- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
1.5 Gleau oil (staple)
1/2 GSO

>3/4 AIA DB

- Styling products
1/2 Eco Blu (staple)
3/4 Eco argan oil
3/4 kccc

- Leave Ins/Moisturizers
1/2 10.14 oz the conditioner
3/4 16.9 oz the conditioner
2x tw pmb (staple)

**various products for straitening hair which I won't be using for at least 6-8 months**

Last edited:
Used up most of my samples..Yea! I will only repurchase HG in Lg size.

Happy Hair Growing!

Used up my Wen Pumpkin/Ginger sample. I don't like the tingling effect :nono: It worked better than the As I Am Cleanser but not as nice as the Hair One Olive Oil. My scalp and hair were clean but the shrinkage was a bit much. And it didn't have any slip, so I couldn't detangle with it. Think I have 2 more Wen samples left.

I am on my last use of the HydraTherma Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner.

Going to use Jane Carters Nourish and Shine as the oil in my LOC. And will sstyle with Jane Carters Curly Cream. I may be able to use this up tonight. If not then I will have 1 more use.

I will probably roll through most of the samples during the 1st quarter.

Ok so change of plans......While I like the Tropic Isle Living JBCO Serum w/ Argan oil, it can't touch my SSI Carrot Oil and Pumpkin Seed Defrizzer....AT ALL! So, I'll continue to use it to seal in my DC until its completely gone. I'll use the SSI Defrizzer to seal in my Leave in's and Ill try a new oil to seal my air dried hair this week, the Kinky Kurly Perfectly Polished Oil Blend (I want to go ahead and start using this).

M&S Products for this upcoming week:
Komazacare Califia Spray w/ added distilled water (Its very concentrated, so to stretch the product I dilute it)
DB Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream (I need to go ahead and finish this off, I will be repurchasing :) )
Kinky Kurly Perfectly Polished Oil Blend
Silk Dreams Mocha Bling Butter

DC for this week:
Komazacare Olive Moisture Mask

Leave Ins:

Distilled Water
Giovanni Vitapro Protective Moisture Leave In Treatment
Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk mixed w/ Bee Mine Luscious Balance Cream Moisturizer
SSI Carrot and Pumkin Seed Defrizzer
Phyto PhytoKeratine Serum only on my ends

Last edited:
I waited too late to wash my hair so I didn't end up putting coils in. I decided to just do a twist out for today. So instead of the Jane Carter Curling Cream I used my sample of Qhemet Honey Bush Tea Gel.

It lives up to its claims. It does not dry out the hair, flake or make the hair stiff. And my favorite is, that it isn't sticky at all. When I first took out my twist, I thought my hair was going to be stiff but my hair is nice and fluffy. Well as fluffy as she gets :lol:

I would really like to see how this works with a WNG but I don't have enough for that. Will add it to my wish list and maybe purchase it later.

I m doing good when it comes to conditioner and great for shampoos ...Moisturizers/butters are just impossible to finish...

image-1160522474.jpg

image-658612269.jpg

I got more stuff but i plan on tackling this lot right here first

Attachments

• image-662217295.jpg
    image-662217295.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 22
2 oz sample of the Monoi Butter blend. I used it more on my body than my hair. I am about to give up on butters for sealing and find a thick moisturizer. Butters leave my hair well-sealed, but greasy and I cannot be playing duck-all-hands every week.

2 oz sample of the Monoi Butter blend. I used it more on my body than my hair. I am about to give up on butters for sealing and find a thick moisturizer. Butters leave my hair well-sealed, but greasy and I cannot be playing duck-all-hands every week.

My hair is the same way. Let me know what you find. I have a few samples as well. I will let you know if anything works well. I have found that if I put the greasiest item on first and then follow it by a creamy product it is not as greasy.

In my current stash:
Queen Helene garlic poo
Aphogee poo for Damaged hair
Nexxus Aloe rid poo
ORS creamy aloe poo
Keracare blow dry lotion
Elasta QP thermal spray
Roux Mendex
Roux PC
Nexxus Therapie poo
Chi infra treatment
Aphogee pro vitamin leave in
Nothing But intense healing mask
Eco style gel
Curls coconut curlada condish
ORS olive oil hair lotion
Herbal Essence Smoothing serum
Crece Pelo DC
Crece Pelo leave in
Keracare Humeto
Macadamia natural oil deep repair masque x2
Macadamia natural oil nourishing leave in
Macadamia natural healing oil
CON Argan oil poo
CON Argan oil intensive condish x3
CON Argan oil silk n shine leave in
CON Argan oil gloss n shine mist
CON Argan oil gloss n shine polisher
CON Argan oil treatment x2
Organix Macadamia hydrating oil
Silk Elements leave in cream x3
Elasta QP mango butter x3
KeraPro intense treatment x2
KERASTASE Oleo slim relax DC
KERASTASE Oleo slim relax leave in
Kerastase Masquintense DC
KERASTASE Masque Architect DC
ORS Replenishing condish
AO HSR
AO WC
AO GPB
NTM deep recovery mask dc
Silk Elements Mega cholesterol DC
Hollywood beauty olive oil cholesterol DC
Silicon Mix DC
Ion Hard Water condish
Darcy's pumpkin condish
Queen Helene cholesterol x2
Curl Junkie Repair Me
La Bomba DC
Giovanni's direct leave in
Aveeno Nourish n condition leave in treatment x3
Salerm 21 b5 leave in
As I Am leave in condish
Aphogee Keratin n green tea restructurizer
SCurl x2
Matrix Biolage fortotherapie leave in
Cantu Shea butter leave in cream
Organix coconut milk anti breakage serum
Silicon Mix leave in
Kerastase Sublimature Jour cream
Redken Extreme condish x2
Redken Extreme anti snap leave in treatment
Redken strength builder plus
Giovanni's Nutrafix
Hollywood beauty castor oil
Aphogee Keratin 2 min reconstructor
Beautiful textures tangle taming leave in
Beautiful textures moisture butter
Beautiful textures Rapid Repair DC
V05 Strawberries n cream condish x2
Tresemme moisture rich condish
Matrix fortotherapie DC
Redken Smooth Down butter treatment
Aussie Moist condish x3
Aussie 3 minute miracle DC x3
Silk Elements Mega silk moisturizing treatment
EVOCO x2
Walnut oil
EVOO
GSO
Gleau nourishing oil
Wild growth hair oil
Wen 613
Glycerine
Nubian Heritage repair and extend butter
Its a 10 leave in treatment

Your list is pretty amazing...;-)

Won't be using up anything for at least a month. I just opened my La BOMBA deep treatment condish and I really like it. Its a good size jar so it'll probably last a while. I'm focusing in on my crece Pelo leave in cause I want to get it out of the way. Its good but it's definitely not a staple.

Here is my stash for 2013. I used up, sold , and gave away a lot of products last year. This year I'll be trying different items to find my staples for the first part of the year for my natural hair. I'm not sure if I'll remain natural, but I will enjoy trying my new products.

I'm joining for the all sessions this year. I hope to get my stash down to 20-22 items max.

Shampoos
-Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo- gone
-KeraCare Hydrating Detangling shampoo
-Joico K Pak clarifying shampoo

Conditioners
-As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing cream-gone
-TJ Tea Tree Tingle conditioner-gone
-DB Daily Cleansing conditioner cream
-Cantu Shea Butter for Natural hair Deep Repair Masque-gone
-DB Pumpkin Seed conditioner 2x 8oz
-Macadamia Natural oil Deep Repair Masque
-Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
-AG Ultra Moist conditioner
-ORS Replenishing conditioner
-Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
-Joico K-Pak Reconstructer

Leave In conditioners
-DB Herbal leave in conditioning spritz
-DB Vanilla Delight Curl Detangling Milk
-DB Daily leave in conditioner-juicy peach fragrance
-Redken Anti Snap treatment-gone

Moisturizers
-DB Shea Butter Curl Moisturizing cream
-Donna marie Super Buttercreme
-DB Coconut and lemongrass transitioning creme-gone

Stylers
-Eco styler gel blue 320z
-Komaza care Califia Style pudding
-DB Madagascar Vanilla Stying cream
-Nairobi Foam Wrap Lotion

Oils/Pomades/Butters
-Sweet Mimosa butter
-Peppermint Pomade
-Cocoveda oil
-organic camellia oil
-JBCO
-sweet almond oil-gone
-Afroveda Shikakai Hair Growth Elixir- gone
-peppermint oil
-rosemary oil
-eucalyptus oil
-vitamin e oil
-Macadamia Natural oil Healing oil treatment
-Burt Bee's Baby Nourishing Oil
-hempseed oil

Ayurveda treatments
-Sukesh ayurveda
-amla powder
-indigo powder
-organic rajasthani indian henna

Treatments/Misc products
-Komaza care Honeycomb hair rejuvenator
-Chi Silk infusion-gone

Last edited:

I love thick moisturizers:) my favs are Elasta QP mango butter
Beautiful Textures moisture butter and Kerastase Sublimateur Jour.

All my sophia naturals 4 bottles..Finished.No repurchase..

*I have one bottle Darcy's pumpkin..Staple,will repurchase..

*One bottle CR janysons moisture left..I heard the formula change,if so won't repurchase,if the ingredients are the same,I will repurchase.Its one of my rinse-out staples..

*MD peach curl.Finished..No repurchase.

*IPN horsetail spritz..Finished..No repurchase.

*MD candela dc.almost gone,when finishe no repurchase.

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
I'll be joining.
But I'll update my use up list quarterly. This quarter I'll be focusing on using up the following

Shampoos
HQS coconut lime (1 back up, may use next quarter)
HV amala creme rinse

Conditioners
HV moist 24/7
Darcys pumpkin conditioner

Deep Conditioners
HV sitrinillah
KBB luscious mask
SSI okra reconstructor

Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Purabody murumuru moisture milk
SD mocha silk
Claudies balancing ends insurance
Qhemet BRBC
HV red tea Leave In (3 back ups, will use next quarter)

Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
Purabody cupuacu butter
Oyn sugar berry pomade
LG green magic

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Brahmi powder
Amla powder
Shikakai powder
Aritha powder
Henna (2 packs)
Heash Amla Oil

Styling products
SM curl enhancing smoothie
HV whipped jelly

used up
HV red tea LI
HQS coconut lime cleanser

Moving in with my boyfriend when my lease is up in April and he commanded me to get rid of 75% of my 60+ product stash :lol: I finished up VO5 condish today :yep: One down!
Man he aint right for that !!!!
Ha, I usually don't count the stash I keep at my BFs house.

I don't want just one of any of my products. Just want to greatly reduce my stash. 1/4-1/3 of my stay would make me very comfortable. 24 products in all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

Yeah me too, especially because I dont live in the states I stock up on my staples when there is a sale. My weakness is trying new products though.

But now that I have my staples, Im trying to cut down on the sampling of new products, at least until I finish the stash of "non staples":look:

Returning to post pics of my stash. I organize my stash in rows so that I can see what I have and what I need. Shampoos are in one row, Conditioners in another. There is a row for pomades and stylers etc. The second pic shows products on top of my sink that are currently in my rotation. I need this group to be accoutable as I would really like to focus on finalizing my shampoo routine in particular. I buy everything under the sun like an addict :nono:.

Attachments

• January 2013 005.jpg
    January 2013 005.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 54
  • January 2013 006.jpg
    January 2013 006.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 34
Returning to post pics of my stash. I organize my stash in rows so that I can see what I have and what I need. Shampoos are in one row, Conditioners in another. There is a row for pomades and stylers etc. The second pic shows products on top of my sink that are currently in my rotation. I need this group to be accoutable as I would really like to focus on finalizing my shampoo routine in particular. I buy everything under the sun like an addict :nono:.

You have a very small stash but I know how you feel.

You have a very small stash but I know how you feel.

FaithVa, this challenge helped me to decrease my stash, big time :yep:. I had 2 cupboards full 6 months ago :nono:. I gave some away, some of my mixes did not work due to my sensitivity to smells, and I used up a tonne of stuff while I was on a "no buy challenge".

Bye the end of the year I hope to keep my stash small with only HG products :yep:.

All my sophia naturals 4 bottles..Finished.No repurchase..

*I have one bottle Darcy's pumpkin..Staple,will repurchase..

*One bottle CR janysons moisture left..I heard the formula change,if so won't repurchase,if the ingredients are the same,I will repurchase.Its one of my rinse-out staples..

*MD peach curl.Finished..No repurchase.

*IPN horsetail spritz..Finished..No repurchase.

*MD candela dc.almost gone,when finishe no repurchase.

Happy Hair Growing!

Why does CR keep changing ingredients??? Is this her business model? Keep the customers guessing? Does she announce these changes? Are these changes an annual thing for her? I like the Curl Love Curl Milk and like that it is sold at aveyou, but I never know what I will get when I buy something from her. I don't understand her business model.

I am going to send her an email asking her if this is a one/two time change or if she plans to change the ingredients every year. I hope she can provide some insight.

Back