Use Up Your Stash 2013 - Session 1

FaithVa, I am in Canada and I found it at a store called HomeSense, which I believe, is like a TJ Maxx store for the home only. I needed replace the Rusk conditioner that I was using becuase it was not mixing well with my other products and leaving too much white residue in my hair. I got them on clearance for 12.00 and 14.00 a bottle and so far, this condish is amazing :lick:.

Dang, a liter for $14.00. Girl you need to pick up some and resale them in the forum :lol:

Which kind did you get? Was it HSR, Rose Mosquetta? White Camellia?

They don't even show a liter size on their website. Most don't even come in 16 oz. You are racking up girl.

We have a store similar but its called HomeGoods. I may have to check that out this weekend.

Last edited:
I am texturized and have been since 2007 when I BCed the first time and cut off the bone straight ends. Now on my 3rd BC and looking to grow my hair out all the way (BSL).

I get my hair done at a salon in Toronto.

The BC is present day. The pic with me and longer hair is 2 years ago (I had an at home L'Oreal hair colour. Never again!).

For me, texturizing is the best solution for my lifestyle :yep: and I am looking forward to learning from others here.

Attachments

• LHCF.jpg
    LHCF.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Anita's Hair Cream August 2009.jpg
    Anita's Hair Cream August 2009.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 8
[USER=34971 said:
Lisaaa Bonet[/USER];18029763]I am texturized and have been since 2007 when I BCed the first time and cut off the bone straight ends. Now on my 3rd BC and looking to grow my hair out all the way (BSL).

I get my hair done at a salon in Toronto.

The BC is present day. The pic with me and longer hair is 2 years ago (I had an at home L'Oreal hair colour. Never again!).

For me, texturizing is the best solution for my lifestyle :yep: and I am looking forward to learning from others here.

Did you mean to put this here or were you thinking of another thread?

Cowashed this morning. Used the Deva Curl Set It Free and used up the Bee Mine Moisturizer. Have 1 use left of the Set It Free.

Will definitely drop below 20 products by this weekend. And will do my product haul this weekend.

I'm back from Sally's. I am going to try the 4 Naturals line for 30 days and see if my hair responds. They don't have a creamy leave-in so going to use As I Am. I purchased

4 Naturuals Extra Moist Detangling Shampoo
4 Naturals Extra Moist Detangling Conditioner
4 Naturals Reconstructor Deep Penetrating Conditioner
4 Naturals Daily Treatment Leave-In
As I Am Leave-In Conditioner
4 Naturals Afro Stretch Curl Cream

I haven't purchased a full line of anything since Hydrathermal Naturals.

Did you mean to put this here or were you thinking of another thread?

Yes, I actually did post this in a new texturizing thread, but my computer was acting all strange, so I am not at all surprised to see this post in the wrong thread. Sorry everyone. Carry on.

Dang, a liter for $14.00. Girl you need to pick up some and resale them in the forum :lol:

Which kind did you get? Was it HSR, Rose Mosquetta? White Camellia?

They don't even show a liter size on their website. Most don't even come in 16 oz. You are racking up girl.

We have a store similar but its called HomeGoods. I may have to check that out this weekend.

------------

FaithVa, I mis-spoke. I purchased the Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner in the Litre size and not the AO. No wonder you were asking about my crazy statement. My apologies.

I needed to stock up on conditoner and went buck wild. I hauled everything that they had that was moisturizing and left the rest. Girl, people weren't even checking for this line and I was like :lick:...more for me :yay:. I was a true junkie that had a relapse while in rehab :nono:. That was my free pass for the month. So far, it does what it says and I couldn't beat the price.

Attachments

• Giovanni SAS Deep Moisture Conditioner.jpg
    Giovanni SAS Deep Moisture Conditioner.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 8
------------

FaithVa, I mis-spoke. I purchased the Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner in the Litre size and not the AO. No wonder you were asking about my crazy statement. My apologies.

I needed to stock up on conditoner and went buck wild. I hauled everything that they had that was moisturizing and left the rest. Girl, people weren't even checking for this line and I was like :lick:...more for me :yay:. I was a true junkie that had a relapse while in rehab :nono:. That was my free pass for the month. So far, it does what it says and I couldn't beat the price.

aw shoot. I thought Canada had something special going on :lol:

Ok I have seen the Giovanni in those stores.

Moisturized and twisted my hair. Used up the rest of one of the Komaza Care sprays. I can't tell which one because the labels have rubbed off :ohwell: I will probably use up the rest of the other bottle tomorrow.

Well ladies, I'm back with an update. I sent my sister a package of hair products including the following:

Shea Moisture Curl and Shine
Keracare Cleansing Cream
Aussie Moist Conditioner
Roux Moisture Recovery
Shea Moisture Raw Shea butter Deep Treatment Masque
SM Curl and Style Milk
SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie
DR Miracles Curl Care Strong Hold Gel

I apologize if I already posted this, but I did toss Ren Sweet Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner. The smell was too sweet and strong, plus my results with it were just okay.

I'm one use away from using up my Giovanni Direct, so this weekend that should be that.

The last thing I bought were the Trader Joes products last month and My hair loves them. My PJ urges have gone dormant.

One more week in extension braids so thinking about my plans for the rest of the year.

I am getting to a stage where I want to transition to a new normal with my hair. I want to make my hair care routine fit into my life as seamlessly as my skin and body care routines. At the end of this year, I am going to be done trying, testing, and modifying my routine. I want to bring my mini stash down to just 10 different things for all my hair care needs. I might try something here or there, but I am keeping my core products the same as long as everything about them remains the same.

I have selected just one item in every category except moisturizer. I took the best, most consistent performing item in each category without considering price or logistics.

Here are the 10 items I selected:

Cleansers
Ouidad Curl CoWash - 2

Detangling Conditioner
Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle - 11

CoWash Conditioner
Curl Junkie Smoothing Conditioner - 0

Deep Treatments
Curl Junkie Repair Me (Protein) - 1
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab (Moisture) - 1

Moisturizer
TBD

Oils/Butters/Gels
Grapeseed and Castor Oil mix - 1 bottle of castor oil; use grapeseed to cook so not counting it here
Nubian Heritage Repair & Extend EVOO & Moringa Hair Butter - 1
Xtreme Wet Gel - 1
Aloe Juice - 2 bottles of George's Aloe Juice

Use-up List (still testing moisturizers):
Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner - 2
Jessicurl Too Shea - 2
Black Soap Purification Mask - 6
Aubrey Organics GPB - 1
Oyin Whipped Pudding - 1
Camille Rose Moisture Butter - 1
Oyin Hair Dew - 3
Pura Body Naturals Sapote Lotion Unscented - 2
Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk Unscented - 2
Ecostyler Gel - 2

Last edited:
So by the time I finish washing tonight, I should be done with Beauticurls Argan and Olive oil con dish. I thought I'd finished the GPB condish but I have a couple squirts left so I'll use that today. Yay! Now I can move on to my other Curl Junkie products.

Since I am on my last shampoo bar I ordered the Terresentials sp? Mud Wash everyone's been "jonesing" over . I decided to hold off on Wen until my conditioner stash is down a bit further. Maybe I'll try it this summer.

I repurchased the As I Am Leave-in. I wasn't sure if the first time I used it, it was a fluke. Used it last night and it works well for me. So I will make this a staple. Now I have something to compare other products against.

Getting closer to my staples list :yay:

just dropping by to say that i participated inthe lastuse upyourstash and i'm still using up my stash.... and have not purchased anything new :)

Used Up:
1 8oz Jar of Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent Treatment....STAPLE! 1 jar left in stash.

-I will now work on a 16 oz. Jar of the Slippery Elm Marshmallow Root Cinnamon DC'er from Naturellegrow :lick:....My hair is going to LOVE THIS!

Its wasn't on my list, but I used up one 4 oz. bottle of Emu Oil. I won't be repurchasing, its not bad but its not great either, so....yeah:perplexed.

-I will now work on this ounce of Sunflower oil I have left over. I will mostly use this in my DC's.

Almost Gone:

1 8 oz. Bottle of Darcy's Botanicals Shea Butter Curl Moisturizing Lotion.....50% Gone.....I guess it'll be gone within 2 weeks, 3 weeks at the most :). No Back-ups Unfortunately. I will be repurchasing though :yep:.

-Once gone I will begin on the Avocado Truffle Hair Milk from HoneyChileHairLove.

1 4 oz. jar of Silk Dreams Mocha Bling Butter. 95% gone. It'll be gone withing week and a half, 2 weeks at the most. I like it alot! Will most likely repurchase, but not right now.

-Once gone I will be moving on to the either the Claudie's Tiffani Ceramide Pomade or the PuraBody Naturals Cupuacu Butter. Haven't made a final decision yet.

Last edited:
I have avoided this thread because I've bought a few new things on the sunysyde I've given a lot away. Need to update my list. I feel in better control because Nairobi will be my HG products.

Suny

[USER=9474 said:
SunySydeofLyfe[/USER];18050023]I have avoided this thread because I've bought a few new things on the sunysyde I've given a lot away. Need to update my list. I feel in better control because Nairobi will be my HG products.

Suny

Where do you get Nairobi products? I have heard of them but never seen them.

So... While I started the month by returning a Mizani thermasmooth set... I just bought 3 things off the Hairveda website :-/ But I'm excited to use them!!!

Don't forget Uncle Funky's Daughter sale ends today! 30% off entire store

Code: iloveunclefunkysdaughter

I just placed my order for SuperCurl and Richee Rich (first time trying these)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

The 4 Naturals line does not have a traditional leave-in. I purchased the As I Am leave-in but realized I can use it on wash days but because of the glycerin in it, I'm not sure about using it every day. So I looked at the As I Am Hair Milk. It's lighter for everyday use and it doesn't contain glycerin. So I intend to buy this product this month or next.

But first I decided to play around with things to see if I could come up with a workaround. I tried the kimmay tube leave-in, that was so so. I tried just misting with water, that didn't do so well. My hair was crunchy. I tried my tea blend that was so, so.

But last night I mixed my tea blend with some marshmallow root and followed that up with the Qhemet Amla. That was a hit for my hair. So instead of rushing out and buying the Hair Milk, I am going to try the tea blend with the Qhemet products. I think I have enough of both to last me all of March. I may have to go buy some more tea though.

Giving away Shea Moisture Purification Mask. What I get for not listening to myself. I knew I hated the smell, but just need to try it (or 5 of it!) one more time to be sure. Yup, still cannot stand the smell. :nono:

Finished my Bee Mine DC today.., will repurchase after I get my stash down some more. About 1-2 uses left in the matching shampoo

I was in Target picked up the Knot Today walked around the store and put it back :lol: I do need another product. If I have glycerin in my leave-in, then I need a moisturizer without glycerin and vice versa. My As I Am leave-in has glycerin and so do all of my stylers. So I am getting a double poof effect. I can get away with it on wash day but in between I need to try something different. I will get a 15% off coupon from Sally's for April, so I want to hold out purchasing anything until then if I can. Hopefully I can keep my mane under control until then.

I don't even know which products I have anymore but I'll try to make a list.
OILS
-Coconut oil
-Safflower oil (need my ceramids!!)
-Castor oil
-Grapeseed oil
Conditioners
-Neutrogena triple moisture
-Shea moisture something (few drops)

Powders
-Henna Jamila (5 packs left)
-Bentonite clay

Leave in
- Giovanni Weightless Leave in (almost running out of it, I had it since last June)
Butters
- Urban bella shine butter(?) The only reason why I don't frequently use it is that annoying smell. I like herbal smells but this is something else...

I often take my sister's product and use them, which doesn't help because I'm not getting rid of my products so next time I wash my hair, I will use my products AND hers lol

Back