Use Up Your Stash 2013 - Session 1

I was in Target picked up the Knot Today walked around the store and put it back :lol: I do need another product. If I have glycerin in my leave-in, then I need a moisturizer without glycerin and vice versa. My As I Am leave-in has glycerin and so do all of my stylers. So I am getting a double poof effect. I can get away with it on wash day but in between I need to try something different. I will get a 15% off coupon from Sally's for April, so I want to hold out purchasing anything until then if I can. Hopefully I can keep my mane under control until then.

You should try Darcy's B peach kernel glycerin free moisturuzer .it's great stuff!

You should try Darcy's B peach kernel glycerin free moisturuzer .it's great stuff!

Thanks I will keep that in mind. Since my hair is so finicky I am trying to buy everything local to get a sense of what my hair likes. But as I find more things I may try some of the online products.

Trying my new line tonight. I prepooed with AO Blue Chamomile. It's a great way to use what's left in the bottle. I shampooed with 4 Naturals Extra Moist Shampoo. I really like this. My hair was actually moist and soft. Amazing! I followed that with the 4 Naturals Reconstructor. My hair felts stronger. I DCd with AO Blue Chamomile. My hair felt smooth, curly and soft. Baggied for 15 minutes under my heat cap. Used Oyin Hand Dew as a leave-in. Sealed my ends with Qhemet Pomade. Going to twist with 4 Naturals Afro Stretch. Will see how it turns out tomorrow.

Won't use up anything tonight but hopefully I can use up this Oyin Handmade and one of the Qhemet products this week.

I have some more stuff to add to my stash :look:

Ogoma what do you like that performs better Oyin's Whipped Pudding? What does whatever the items that you like better smell like? TIA

Camille Rose Moisture Butter (light scent; cake batter) and PBN Murumuru Moisture Milk (I got it unscented). I even prefer the Oyin Hair Dew (caramelish baked cookies) to remoisturize.

Gave away AO GBP. I am getting super sensitive to smells. Not sure what is happening, but I just find some of these headache inducing especially when they linger.

I am trying to narrow it down to just one deep conditioner and I cannot choose between the CJ Curl Rehab and the DB Pumpkin Seed condish. I loove them both, but I must pick one. I keep going back and forth depending on what I used most recently.

Used up the rest of the Oyin Handmade Hair Dew. Wanted to like it but it did nothing for my hair. And tonight I realized it is the reason why my hair looks like I haven't washed it :sad: It makes my hair look like a dusty brown.

Updating my stash. I didn't buy all of this. I bought one item. The rest was given to me. And who am I to turn down a blessing :grin:

I purchased NJoy's Growth Oil. I was already using a growth oil. This just replaces the one I was making.

Received
Komaza Care
1. Olive Moisture Mask Conditioner
2. Aloe My Hair Leave-In
3. Shea Butter Lotion Moisturizer
4. Vitamin Reign Growth Spray
5. Stinky Stuff
6. Protein Hair Strengthener

I made a purchase. I was in need of a protien treatment. I picked up ORS Hair Mayonnaise. I really like the product.

On a side note, the AS I Am Double Butter Cream is not really working for me. It will be a while before it's used up, but I will not repurchase.

I used up the rosewater. Making more marshmallow root tea and decided to soak it in rosewater vs. regular water. Also used up the Qhemet Ghee. Used it as a moisturizer tonight.

Used up:

Silk Dreams Mocha Bling Butter: This is bittersweet because I really liked this product. Its a probable staple and I will definitely repurchase in the future after using up another butter and/or pomade.

Giovanni Vitapro Protective Moisture Leave In Treatment: I used this up a while ago and forgot to come update on it. Its a definite staple and I already have 2 backups of it in my stash :lick:.

Almost Done:

Darcy's Botanicals Shea Butter Curl Moisturizing Lotion: This about 70% gone and I have roughly a week and a half to two weeks left of usage. I love it and its a staple, but unfortunately I have no backups. I will most definitely purchase during another Curlmart sale :yep:.

Jane Carters Solution Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner: This ia about 60% gone and I have a couple weeks f usage left. This may go slowly considering I only use it on washdays once a week. We'll see....Either way it goes I love it and it is a definite staple. I have one backup once this bottle is finished :yep:.

Tropic Isle Living JBCO Serum w/ Argan Oil: This is about 90% gone and I will be using it exclusively on washdays as my leave in sealant oil until gone. I really like this product and actually forgot I had it. Its not a staple, but if on sale I would most likely repurchase. I love me some castor oil :).

Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk: This is about 95% gone. I used it as a leave in during my last wash day and have been using it daily as a based for my gels to lay my edges. I love this stuff (staple) and will definitely repurchase sale or not. It will most likely be gone within a week if not sooner. 2x Backups :)

Thats it for now! You guys are doing awesome with your stashes :grin:.

Last edited:
Used up the Qhemet Amla and Olive Oil Heavy Cream. Went back into the giveaway box and pulled out the Komaza Califa Moisturizer. Have less than 1 use of that left. Will start back on the Qhemet Burdock Root.

Purchased KCKT as a leave-in without glycerin. Realized I only had the sample of Komaza Aloe my leave-in. Will use the As I Am on wash days only since it has glycerin.

Used up the Qhemet Amla and Olive Oil Heavy Cream. Went back into the giveaway box and pulled out the Komaza Califa Moisturizer. Have less than 1 use of that left. Will start back on the Qhemet Burdock Root.

Purchased KCKT as a leave-in without glycerin. Realized I only had the sample of Komaza Aloe my leave-in. Will use the As I Am on wash days only since it has glycerin.

How did you like the Qhemet AOHC? I used to love it but it became to hard to get.

I'm almost done with my camellia oil, Komaza Honeycomb Hair Rejuvenator, and Cocoveda oil. I hope to be done within a week.

How did you like the Qhemet AOHC? I used to love it but it became to hard to get.

It didn't do anything for my hair. It's too heavy. It makes my hair hard and stiff even though it has glycerin in it. I still have some of the Burdock Root so will be using that this week to see how it works. I know it is better for my hair than the AOHC but still not sure I can use it regularly.

It didn't do anything for my hair. It's too heavy. It makes my hair hard and stiff even though it has glycerin in it. I still have some of the Burdock Root so will be using that this week to see how it works. I know it is better for my hair than the AOHC but still not sure I can use it regularly.

I co sign ,had the same experience with the Heavy cream ,my hair hated it.

[USER=266942 said:
Kindheart[/USER];18114421]I co sign ,had the same experience with the Heavy cream ,my hair hated it.

What does your hair love? Maybe something you use will give me some hints.

What does your hair love? Maybe something you use will give me some hints.

faithVA my hair mainly likes Claudie's Satin Moisturizer,Claudie's iman butter (it' not heavy) ,Kbb sweet ambrosia . Bee mine moisturizer (jar)
As for DC's; i love MyHoneyChild DC's,Aubrey (any con) ,Bee Mine DC, Auntie Jackie DC ,KBB hair mask,Kerastase oleo relax , Biolage ultra Balm with added grapessed. (no longer use this).i will think of more ..:)

^^thanks. I like to buy a lot of stuff on the ground. I will try the KBB if it ever comes to a store near me.

Hey ladies - so I tried the Hairveda Sitrinella and I loved the way my hair felt in the shower after rinse out... but then it seems super tangly when I detangled with my leave ins. Now - while my hair dried shiny and soft - it's still very tangly.

Any ideas on what that means? Also - if you guys have any experiences with this DC please share!

Thx

Hey ladies - so I tried the Hairveda Sitrinella and I loved the way my hair felt in the shower after rinse out... but then it seems super tangly when I detangled with my leave ins. Now - while my hair dried shiny and soft - it's still very tangly.

Any ideas on what that means? Also - if you guys have any experiences with this DC please share!

Thx

I have used it and found it to be decent. Not an HG, but was able to use it up. I know some people have a sensitivity to citrus oils/extracts so maybe that is it.

I have used it and found it to be decent. Not an HG, but was able to use it up. I know some people have a sensitivity to citrus oils/extracts so maybe that is it.

Maybe that's it. I also used the Whipped creme as a leave in - and after looking at the ingredient list I think maybe the glycerin in it is drying my hair out. I was combing my hair this morning and it was crackly and breaking off on the ends -- :nono: not a good feeling -

so I'm going to have to wash and DC again tonight and use something else for now. I may have to revisit when it warms up a little

Back