Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 3

I am making a dent in my sample drawer. Going to do a few style for the next couple of weeks. Hoping to be able to use half the sample draw in the process. Really great products. I tried my AO blue camomile on a faithVA rec, it was lovely.

So I'm back from my visit back in the states and came home with a few products. Not as bad as I thought I'd do so I'm very happy with that. I bought:

2- Lustrasilk Cholesterols (1 olive oil;1 shea butter)
large bottle of Aphogee 2min treatment (staple)
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine leave in (staple) lamaria211 knows how good it is :giggle:
Garnier Pure Clean condish (mom is shipping that to me.too heavy to bring with me)
Suave almond and shea butter shampoo and condish set (they were $3 at Target.i love the stuff)
Motions Naturally You Moisturizing Cleanser (tried it at my mom's house already. did pretty good. kinda like it. not staple status though)

I'll update my list now.

lamaria211 said:
What products do you keep in the fridge?

All my Afroveda Butters,(6) 3 Curl junkie DC ,2 KBB butters,1 wondercurl smoothie. One shelf is taken .Lol,pondering whether MHC twist out anf KBB sweet ambrsia's should go in there aswell?

I predict by DEC/JAN I should have shrunken my stash to the point of only needing to restock my stables.

I'm pretty excited, pretty much figured out my stables consist of about 10 products. I been kind of thinking about treating my self to a nice product once I finish this challenge.. but I know what "treating my self" brings me.

^^^ I have been trying to think about what products I would like to try so I can get them during the BF sales, but I am so uninterested in any products other than my staples. I just want to buy more and more of my staples so I never run out :lol:.

Finished up another Eco Styler gel. It was the brown one with the protein. It was cool but I liked the Clear/Krystal on better. I have one more to try to decide if I want to keep it as a staple.

I was on Amazon ready to hit pay now for a few conditioners that my heart desires and I did not! I was strong to my cause of using up my stash and will buy nothing :)

Hola Bonitas,

I have had my nose in the books, dipping in an out of the forums when I can. I actually came on the other day and bought a small stash from someone. :grin: I know. I have been wearing my hair out and using more products, but not using anything up at the moment.

I will be making some purchases in October. I need to get those gallons of conditioner they have on sale at Sally's. I also need to order a bulk of Henna, on my last pack and seems my hair is growing, at least the grey's say so. :giggle:

I was looking in my stash the other day for some proteins and seems those are very limited. I can't wait to narrow things down a bit. I might not be buying so much this year for Black friday and beyond. I am already $150 down from my $500 for next year. Not bad!

Here are the samples I used on my banded wash n go. Washed with phyto hydrating, co washed with claudies island rinse, dc shea purification mask, Leave in Claudies, MD tucuma butter, styler curley curl keeper, saravun olive and shea on the ends.

It was quite a hit, I went out with my fine girlfriend, and people actually noticed me. One guy at a speakeasy we like to visit said, I know she usually gets all the attention, but tonight I am noticing you. That was short lived I am still a bony little bookwormy thing.

Doing a twisted updo for tomorrow, so I plan to finish some more samples

I want to participate

III.

What are your motivations for joining this challenge?
- I want to find my staples and finish up/give away or swap products that are not my staples
- I want to zero in on staple products that work for my hair
- I am hoping to do so by Jan. 1, 2013

I'm using up my stash little by little. Thus far my sample size of Qhemet AOHC is gone.

Picture 1 = Stash excluding Darcy's Pumpkin, Full Size Qhemet AOHC and Bee Mine Growth Serum

Picture 2 = Staples but i'm on the fence about Aubrey's HSR

Picture 3 = Stuff I will probably never use (but I will try to finish using up my Trader Joes conditioner)

Picture 4 = Images of almost used up stuff (missing is my sample size of Qhemet BRC and Aubrey's HSR, Roux Porsity and Megatek are at about half a bottle)

Picture 5 = Oils (but i find that my hair doesn't like coconut oil and i was mixing tea tree and coconut for my scalp)

Total Products = 25
Hopefully my gma uses the suave conditioner/shampoo lol (so I won't count that in the total, nor will i count my thermal styling serum and other heat sprays)

Attachments

• stash 001.jpg
    stash 001.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 16
  • stash 002.jpg
    stash 002.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 15
  • stash 004.jpg
    stash 004.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 18
  • stash 003.jpg
    stash 003.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 18
  • stash 005.jpg
    stash 005.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
So far for September I have managed to finish up three products:
Giovanni 2chic Ultra-Sleek Conditioner (GONE Sep 8)
Organix Moisturizing Macadamia Oil Intensive Moisture Mask (GONE Sep 22)
Mizani H2O Intense Strengthening Night-Time Treatment (GONE Sep 28)

It feels weird having so few things. I don't have the urge to try new stuff as much as before in my journey as now I pretty much know what works for my hair.

Summer may be officially over, but my scalp is acting a fool! I'm not sure if my scalp is too dry or if there's too much build up. I'm going to start cowashing again mid week and see whether that alleviates some of the irritation. With this plan, I may end up using up more products. I'm hoping this will work as the alternative is to hunt up another shampoo. :ohwell:

I'm seriously sitting here trying to figure out what products I'm gonna use to shampoo and DC my hair with tomorrow night. I'm TOO tickled that tomorrow is wash day. Feels like it's been forever since I've babies my hair and there's some products that i wanna use up soon.

I m good selling 3 more products on ebay. CJ treatment gone, my Macadamia collection is gone . I just have alot of KBB and Afroveda that i plan to use ,Claudie's products are staples,i m scared to use them up lol.

Thrown away ORS Edge gel .

My sister came and told me that my 9 year old niece has been faithful to the regimen that I wrote out for her but she needed a better moisturizer so today I gave her (from my stash) KCKT and my Essencia Macadamia and Sunflower oil styling cream. I'm so proud:)

My sister came and told me that my 9 year old niece has been faithful to the regimen that I wrote out for her but she needed a better moisturizer so today I gave her (from my stash) KCKT and my Essencia Macadamia and Sunflower oil styling cream. I'm so proud:)

Aw that's so sweet. She's really good to stick to something being that young.

I am on a roll with using up products. The Deva Curl Set If Off is gone. It was a very small bottle, only 3 oz. So I am digging into my As I Am Leave-In. Most reviews said they didn't like it. But since my hair doesn't like much of anything I have nothing to lose. :lol:

So I am going to try it straight, diluted with equal amounts of distilled water and diluted with equal amounts of AVG. Obviously if none of those work then it doesn't work. But I will use the bottle up anyway. This is my last actual leave-in product.

I am going to try the Burt Bee's Preshampoo and some of the instant conditioners as leave-ins before I try another leave-in.

I used up a lot of stuff today:-)

Kalpitone powder
Sesame oil
Shescentitit Avocado conditioner- sample size
Giovanni SAS Deeper Moisture conditioner
CD Hair Pudding-sample size
1 pckt of SAS Extreme Protein Hair Infusion

I was playing with my toys today, used up 2 sample packets. Upping my wash days to two. So more products should be moving.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

OMG, Burt Bee's Shea Grapefruit Conditioner is so Stanky. It smells like the bathrooms they try to disinfect at State Parks :barf:

I know because it smells so bad, my hair has to grow 1" overnight. :lol:

I obviously won't be buying this again.

Back