Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 3

I did not use up anything this week. Thanks to this challenge, the majority of my current stash are staples so it will be a cycle of use and replace.

I have a few non-staple stuff to use up and I will update when I get done with those.

Finished up my old lustrasilk shea butter conditioner. I think the oil I put in it like a year ago started to spoil....
So far I used up 4 products! Yay :grin:

Not sure if I posted this already, but if I did, I'm sorry.

USed up Hair Rules Cream Cleanser and the Quench Conditioner.

As soon as Oct rolls around I'm using my pass to get my staples back. I miss my HSR.
I've also used up 1/2 bottle of renpure conditioner.

I'm going to toss the Hair Rules Curly Whip. I just can't get that mess to work on my hair. It feels funny. I'm also thinking of getting rid of/repurposing my Renpure Shampoo. I notice when I use it my scalp is kind of sensitive/tender. :ohwell:

ETA and a little OT: Does anyone else have the problem I have with finding a good shampoo? If my hair feels stripped, my scalp feels clean, but if my hair doesnt' feel stripped my scalp is still dirty. If so, what did you find that works? I'm seriously considering going back to sulfate shampoos but diluting it if I can't find anything.

Last edited:
Used up the last of the Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier. :yay: I met my goal this month and used up all the products in my September list.

I foresee using up quite a bit more in October. Will start on the tomorrow to see how that works as a leave-in.

Gave away my henna. After my last two bottles of the mudwash, I will not repurchase. I am over everything messy and time-consuming.

Suave almond n shea met my trash can today next week I'm going to try the Aussie Moist as my CW condish and if that doesn't work out then onto my Curls line Coconut Curladda condish. Today I purchased 2 things Redken Extreme Condish (because it contains 18-MEA) and also La Bomba Deep treatment also purchased for the ceramides. My megatek is on its last leg and so is one bottle of my GPB. Oh and my E QP mango butter has about 2 uses left! When that's gone I'm going to try the Baba De Caracol moisturizer.
Oils- I finished my bottle of jojoba oil (by adding the 1oz remains to DC oil mix)
JBCO also gone I added the remains to my scalp mix

It's been quite a using up week. I finished up one of my ORS Olive Oil Hair Masque samples as well as

Eco Styler Gel Clear for All Hair Types
Pretty good, may repurchase

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Conditioner for Curls and Waves
Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Conditioner Curl Silkening Detangler

Both potential staples but mostly for summer. I may be able to get away with co washing with the conditioner year round.

Tresemme Split Remedy Split End Shampoo
Very good shampoo but I can't have it as a shampoo because it washed out some of my color.

I also put a dent in some Eco styler gel, a V05 co washer, and one of my deep conditioners

Wow all I can say is Aussie Moist is:lick: a definite keeper. I used it just now after I rinsed out my DC to detangle and I am very impressed my comb slid thru my hair and my hair itself felt amazing upon application. Yea me like:)

Last edited:
Bought a few items from Sally's,but not as much as I thought i'd get lol. Will update my list when I arrive back in Puerto Rico

Sent from my Android...Boom.

I don't know what is wrong with me. I gave away my Wave Nouveau finishing lotion but before I did, I poured about 2-3 ounces in a separate container. I gave it away because it had parabens and I couldn't get it to work in my hair. Again-- no point in using products with "no-no"s if there are no redeeming results. So now I have a sample of Wave Nouveau but I don't really know why. :nono:

The Mist Bodifier worked pretty well as a leave-in, but I've used that all up. So now moving through the rest of my products to see if any of them work. So washed and DCd and back to leave-in experiments. Mixed S-Curl with AVG and Deva Curl B'Leave-in with AVG. Applied one product to right side and the 2nd mix to the left side. Will see in the morning if either works. Neither of them help with detangling, but hopefully they will leave my hair moisturized and soft.

I'm now using 2 leave ins and 2 dcs on wash days. Leave in: first I spray on Aveeno Nourish Treatment (love for a long time now) using this because it's wonderful and contains ceramides. Then I use Garnier Fructis leave in
Deep Condish : yesterday I mixed some Organix Morrocan Argan oil deep treatment in with my Nexxus Humectress it was a great mix my hair is still extremely soft.

Neither the S-Curl or the Deva Curl B'Leave-In will work as leave-ins. That both left my hair feeling crunchy. The B'Leave-In flakes even with no other product. And it also leaves my hair a bit dull. I may need to add an oil to it to see if it is better. They both gave me really great definition though. So I will drop the B'Leave-In down to a styler. And one day when my hair is long enough for twists I will use it for that. I will try mixing the S-Curl with a little less AVJ and use it as a spritz mid-week. I really want to just throw it away. But I need to give it at least 1 more or two more chances before that.

Finally finished my E QP Mango Butter!!!!
I am using my beloved Aveeno Nourish leave in treatment at a fast pace and I love it so much it shall be replenished. Ill use it under all my other leave ins till they are used up. Ive noticed that since my hair is longer it takes much more product to get jobs done. My Ion Hard Water condish is 1/2 empty after 2 uses and that to is needed in my stash I will get more when I visit Sally's for hair shears

The product junkie bug in me is seriously biting mee!!!!
Something about the fall/ September really brings out the PJ in me.

New weather, new clothes ... why not new products :lol:

JUST SAY NO​
I can't not fail this challenged. I would be disappointed in my self :nono:

The product junkie bug in me is seriously biting mee!!!!
Something about the fall/ September really brings out the PJ in me.

New weather, new clothes ... why not new products :lol:

JUST SAY NO

I can't not fail this challenged. I would be disappointed in my self :nono:

You don't need them ..You don't need them ...repeat ...:spinning::yep:
Think about it (to all the Pjs)natural products spoil fast if you buy too many they re gonna have to be trashed (Oyin Hemp :sad:) .If you feel like buying commercial products think about those nasty chemicals in them that are not beneficial for your hair or skin .Overanalyze and criticize .lol . Believe me i m a PJ with a taste for natural products and I would lie if i tell you i never had to trash any of them because i wasn;t using them,it's harder to finish a product when you have too many to chose from , as you always find something more intersting either in your stash or on the web/store.

Last edited:
I used up all of my deep conditioners. So today I saw a Burt Bee's Conditioner in the grocery store so I picked it up. Going to buy a filter for the shower this weekend. Hopefully I can try it out and it does a good job.

I tried my Baba de Caracol moisturizer tonight it was horrible so it met my trash can. I ended up finishing off the job with my shea butter mix and I don't no why I need anything else my hair feels wonderful. I will continue to use it until it's gone and then ill try my Nubian Heritage custard

Just used up my Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. I really love this stuff, but it doesn't go as far as I would like it to go. I may need to find a cheaper alternative or find a way to cut it down so that a jar can last me more than 1 or 2 months.

I have been on a bun-ing kick and I started using butter right under the gel I use to slick back my hair. My hair has been so shiny and frizz-free, I had to order more butter and gel.

Bought:
- 2 oz samples of various butters
- Ecostyler Argan -32oz
- Xtreme Wet Line gel - 35 oz
- Ecostyler Pink - 32 oz

I will not need butter or gel until the end of 2013 :lol:

Session 3 - September 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012

***GONE

Shampoo
K-PAK Reconstruct Shampoo
I have found my staples for this area: CON-Green and Suave Clarifying

Conditioner
K-PAK Reconstruct Conditioner
K-PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
Suave-Everlasting Sunshine Conditioner
Lustrasilk Tea Tree Cholesterol
ORS Replenishing Pak- Professional
Organic Root Stimulator HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner Pack
Organic Root Stimulator HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner Pack
**Goal is to have 4 conditioners (2-3 DC's and 1 to cowash with)

Leave-In/Moisturizer
(Jamaican Fruit) Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
(Lemon Grass) Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Mizani Coconut Souffle
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment
Design Essentials HCO Leave-In Conditioner and Blow Drying Lotion
Miss Jessie's Curly Butter Creme (sample)
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding (sample)
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue (sample)
**Goal is to have 4 leave- ins IDKY :look:

Oil
I have found my staples for this area: JBCO, 1 ceramide, and EVCO.

Other
CHI Silk Infusion
ORS Edge Control
got2b glued SPIKING GLUE
Beyond The Zone- Turn Up The Heat Spray
GVP Shaping Spray Plus (Sebastian)
EcoStyler Gel (always will have at least 1 of these)
Nexxus Emergencee

:grin:Wish List/Buy Again:grin:
WEN Summer Mango Coconut
WEN Six Thirteen Cleansing Treatment
Shea Moisture
Cantu SheaButter
As I Am - Moisture Milk
Mane n' Tail Detangler
-------------------------------------------------------------
Aussie 3 min Miracle
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
Aussie Moist/Herbal Essence Conditioner
Hawaiian Silky 14n1

Trashed it because I broke the jar I had it in......

Miniscule update:

Blue = Gone

Given Away/Repurposed

Trashed

- Shampoos

Hair Rules Cleansing Cream (Sample)
Renpure My Pretty Hair is Parched shampoo
As I Am Clarifying Shampoo
Keracare Cleansing Cream
Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Shampoo

- Conditioners

Renpure My Pretty Hair Is Parched Conditioner x 2
AO Green Tea Cream Rinse
Frederick Fekkai Shea Butter Conditioner

- Deep Conditioners

Hair Rules Quench
AO Rosa Mosqueta
AO HSR
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Nioxin Weightless Reconstructive Masque

- Leave Ins/Moisturizers

Giovanni Direct *Staple*
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Conditioning Milk
ALterna Caviar Smoothing Lotion
Nioxin Thermal Bliss
One N Only Argan oil

Worlds of Curls
Keracare Hair Milk

- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters N/A
- Herbal & Ayurvedic Products N/A

- Styling products

Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream
Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Pudding
EcoStyler Gel Olive Oil
Kenra Platinum Silkening Gloss
Hair Rules Blow out
Hair Rules curly whip

Right now I want to get to the bottom of the World of curls moisturizer so I will be using that at night and seal in the AM with my shea butter. I want the AO green tea rinse and the Frederick Fekkai Shea butter conditioner gone as well by the end of this challenge. My hair is thick enough to possibly make that happen, right? :spinning:

Last edited:
Today I made my 9 year old niece a goody bag consisting of Nairobi hair lotion
Sweet almond oil
Wide tooth comb
Some plastic caps ( her mommy doesn't do her hair ever! It was so badly matted and dirty when I washed and DC'd it earlier today)
After I use up 5-6 more DC's and leave ins on my wish list is
Redken Extreme Strength Builder plus DC
Redken Anti Snap leave in and
Redken Extreme Force DC

Trashing the S-Curl. I could mix stuff with it to try to get it to half way work but the products I'm mixing with it cost more than the S-Curl :nono:

Cowashed tonight so put a nice dent in my Deva Care One. Only 2 more uses out of a 32 oz bottle. And going to use the Deva Curl Leave-in as part of my mix. Only have 1 or 2 more uses out of that bottle.

My cupboards are getting bare :yay:

Back