Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes.

@flyygirlll2
CJ is a very nice line, I think you'll like the things you bought.

I didn't pay shipping yesterday since my order was over $50 and I didn't need to choose between using a free shipping code & CM15.

@rileypak
Once you introduce folks to those types of goodies, it's hard for them to go back. I made that mistake with my kids and now they're all little PJ's. Always giving reviews and requesting special products :rolleyes:

@rileypak
Once you introduce folks to those types of goodies, it's hard for them to go back. I made that mistake with my kids and now they're all little PJ's. Always giving reviews and requesting special products :rolleyes:

Yes!!!!
He called telling me how the shampoo didn't make his scalp feel dry and when he put the kukui butter on it his hair was really soft.
Then he ended with I love you auntie please send more shampoo :lachen:

Used up
- Amauri Naturals Strong Strands Conditioner (no backup, not sure about repurchasing; not a bad conditioner at all, it's just a casualty of the PJ life)
- APB Moisturizing Whipped Cleansing Creme (x10 backups, repurchase when down to 5 or less)
- Jakeala Sweet Honey Hair Thang sample (whippy version) (no more samples but x3 full size jars of the original version & x1 full size jar of the whippy version, repurchase once down to 1 jar)

Not used up but will not continue to use
- Amauri Naturals Curls Galore Conditioner (this seemed to make my hair seize up and attempt to tangle as soon as it hit my hair; I'm not about that setback life so I'll probably trash it because I wouldn't wish this on anyone)

Last edited:

This! I gifted my niece some HV Cocasta and she fell in love with it. However, she foolishly allowed her son to use it and now the boy won't leave her alone about it. She bought the ultra size during BF and before the end of January it was half gone because the boy siphoned a good portion of it off to take with him to college. When she threatened his life, he had the nerve to whine about what his hair needs and how it looks when he uses the Cocasta, etc. I think she did some quick mental calculations regarding bail money that day because she was hot.:lol: Then, he had the nerve to ask what else HV has to offer that he may like afterward. She ignored him and started yelling about him being homeless on the streets carrying oil. Later, he sent me a text asking me to "hook him up with the good hair stuff" (I replied by asking him which bridge he was going to be living under so that I could forward his package to the proper shanty town:lol:).

Now, there's my son. I introduced the boy to Bask's delicious scrubs and Whipped Body Cream like a dummy. I could just kick myself. The other day, I go to get one from the fridge and I see a hole in my stash - an empty spot where something's clearly missing. I ask him about it and receive a blase "Oh yeah. I ran out, so I got another one." I had to take a breath before explaining that my stash is not community property. I think his eyes glazed over for the duration of my impassioned soliloquy because as soon as I finished he chirps, "This one smells like pineapples!" like some 8 year old talking about Pokemon. I coulda kilt him.

Been sitting here on the phone trying to get USPS to answer since about 8:30 a.m. NO ANSWER - to tell them I left the money in my mailbox and please bring my package back.:angry2:

Last time they took the money and it was a whole week after that, I had to call them to bring the package back.

I'll definitely keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers.

Not hair related and I hate to put my personal business out there but it's easier than private messaging all of you that are in my corner. Dh had cancer before, yall know that. We thought that chapter was closed. He's been having some issues lately and today's appt didn't go as we'd hoped. Please stand with me in prayer while we wait for the pathology report that this is not what they think.

@sunnieb, @Nix08, I know yall don't come in here much but tagging you as well.

I just picked up my Bask (Bekura) order from the courier this afternoon.

I love the smell of all of them except the Palm Tapioca. It is a smell I have to adjust to I think. I hope when I put it in my hair, that I don't continue to smell it.

That Cacao Bark smells and looks just like chocolate. I wanted to taste it but I didn't.

The YAM NECTAR is 3/4 way full just like they said on their website But dangit, that thang smells absolutely divine:lick:.

The Vanilla Whiskey has a very mild florally vanilla smell to it. I like how that one smells too.

I just about died when I smelled the Honey Latte Detangling Hair Milk :drool::drunk: :2inlove:, plus the texture is so lush between my fingers. I may have to push my NG Soft & Silky on the side for a minute so I can enjoy this in time to order another one before the sale ends on the 31st. I wish I could sniff my own hair from the crown all the way to the ends, I'd be gettin' high off this stuff :lol:

Last edited:
Back