Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Actually, I could let ST'icals Conditioning Curl Crème go and sub it out with DB Pumpkin Seed. I will skrongly consider making that move.:scratchchin:

During a good Sale I can get a 16oz DB Pumpkin for about the same price as an 8oz ST'icals Curl Cream.:ohwell:

I also love to use CJ's Argan & Olive as a Final R/O.

@rileypak
I see.:kiss:

When the 'old gang' was here, I was the one that was always making & creating loopholes.:laugh:

I couldn't even last a week.:laugh:

Everyone use to wait on me to mess up.:laugh:

That's when I finally realized it was impossible for me to do a No-Buy and opted to try to "Buy-Less".

I'd like to think I've grown since then and can possibly exercise some self-restraint.

I guess we shall see.:laugh:

Last edited:
@PJaye
I see what you meant about Honey Handmade's Pink Sugar Hibiscus DC'er.

I Steamed with it today strictly as a Moist HOT (Hot Oil Treatment). And will use it that way again.

It should definitely be sold strictly as a Butter or instead of a DC'ing product. I usually use it as a Pre-Poo on dry hair.

Will also use it under the dryer and under my Heat Cap for a HOT or for Oil Rinsing.

Last edited:
@PJaye
I see what you meant about Honey Handmade's Pink Sugar Hibiscus DC'er.

I Steamed with it today strictly as a Moist HOT (Hot Oil Treatment). And will use it that way again.

It should definitely be sold strictly as a Butter or instead of a DC'ing product. I usually use it as a Pre-Poo on dry hair.

Will also use it under the dryer and under my Heat Cap for a HOT or for Oil Rinsing.

IMO, her stuff is gross; just concoctions of oils and butters that don't do anything. I had to heavily dilute that alleged DC with HV Sitrinillah just to get it to do something. I have another jar in the back of the fridge that I can't be bothered with. I don't understand a vendor not using any emulsifiers in their conditioners, so I've left her and J. Monique alone.

I do not care for the scent of QB's Moringa Ghee at all. While I really like the performance, the scent is enough to make me not repurchase.:nono:

Now I remember why I was never in a hurry to buy it after I received it in a Swap.:ohwell:

I DC'ed with it back then, now I'm using it as a L-I to detangle with, and do not care for the scent.

Once finished it will not be a repurchase and I'm glad I only bought x1.:perplexed:

I pulled out ST'icals Afrodite Shine Almighty I got on a swap a while back.

I don't even think she carries that anymore. It's an Oil of some sort.

ETA: I should have gotten that Cuticle Strengthening Recovery Mask to try it.

Last edited:
@rileypak
I 'knew' there was something about this particular one - why I always avoided buying it.

I'm not big on Lavender.

I'm just thankful I only have x1 and it's almost gone.:lachen:
@IDareT'sHair
The funny thing is that scent is an improvement from the original. The original smelled like Kiwi shoe whitening :barf:. I love the performance but not fond of the fragrance either. I have other stuff that works just as well.

The funny thing is that scent is an improvement from the original. The original smelled like Kiwi shoe whitening :barf:. I love the performance but not fond of the fragrance either. I have other stuff that works just as well.
@curlyhersheygirl
Agreed.:yep: Works very well.

I think the Original or the one I got on a Swap was heavily Lavender? If memory serves me right. *Cackles at Kiwi Shoe Whitening.*:giggle:

What did you use on your Hair today?

The kids convinced me to get the x2 agave cleansing conditioners since they'll be cowashing more during summer. I think that'll be it for me.

@curlyhersheygirl
So You Know you gotta keep me posted on Agave Cleansers and everything else the Kurl-Kidz will be cowashing with this Summa':beach:

It definitely feels like Cowashing Season.:sunshine:

No Naturelle Grow? Imma pick up another Pre-Poo Monday and maybe another Emu & Argan.

@curlyhersheygirl

Some of my Summer Cowashers (not including any Cleansing Conditioners):

Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp
Hairveda (MoistPRO, Moist 24/7, Acai PhytoBerry
Silk Dreams Destination Hydration
Curls Coconut Sublime (Liter)
Texture Me Natural Condition Me Softly
Afroveda Coconut Milk
She Scent It (Sugar Peach/Avocado)
As I Am Coconut Cowash
Jessicurl Shealoe (Liter)

@IDareT'sHair
No NG this time
Most of the cleansing conditioners I purchased are new so I'll keep you posted.

This week I DC'd with Jakeala beau vert. I M&S with Jakeala silk LI, SM JBCO LI and LACE silky Shea. When dried I twisted with naturally smitten curly custard. I liked it but wished it had more hold. It was very moisturizing and absorbed nicely.

Most of the cleansing conditioners I purchased are new so I'll keep you posted.

@curlyhersheygirl

Thanks Girl, because you know I'll be on the "Hunt" for Fall/Winter.:hug2:

Speaking of Naturally Smitten, the Moisturizing Butter is thebomb.gov.net.com.biz.edu :drool:

I think I like it the best so far from this line and will definitely be a repurchase. :love:

I still need to try the Spritz.

@curlyhersheygirl
I couldn't really tell a noticeable difference between the Hydrating Hair Custard and the Tangle Free Pudding. You will have to let me know if you see a difference?

They both worked nicely for me to twists with while imparting moisture within the twists.

For me, the Butter is the Star of the Line Up.:love:

I'm sorry but I had to rave about it.
:dead:

I'll never use it in my hair because of the mango butter and palm oil in it but clawd my skin is just eating it up! The texture is on point for skin application (it emulsifies really well despite its thicker texture), I've loved the scents I bought so far, and my skin is just left smooth and lightly scented.

I hope Jakeala's or Claudie's versions live up to it but............I'm glad I got four bottles during that last Sarenzo flash sale :sekret:

Last edited:
Back