Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

@MileHighDiva

No I haven't. Never could get past the price point but I do live komaza protein Strengthner though.
I love the Komaza Strengthener, as well. I was like let me ask a PJ, I know is familiar with KC Strengthener to see if they're comparable. The CJ line is more accessible.
@MileHighDiva

I just purchased repair me. It's your fault lol.
Great! I can't wait to hear your analysis/comparison/review between the two! :yep:

Ugh... Being a straight haired natural while living in humid New Orleans is not cool....

My hair looks like puff the magic dragon
@IDareT'sHair

It's so humid here. It seems pointless to straighten my hair. I think I might install box braids. I need to do something because I can't be bothered with puff the magic dragon hair. No mam...

@Beamodel

I was wondering how you were doing this here since it can be very humid even in the winter. Glad to know I'm not crazy but sad all at the same time.:cry4:

@MileHighDiva @rileypak, I have the Curly Tee Towel. In comparison to a t-shirt, a t-shirt will get the job done if you call it for what it is. However, with the Curly Tee Towel, it doesn't pull the product out of my hair while allowing excess water to absorb out of my hair. That's the main difference that I can see.
I guess because I use a lot of product anyway, I still see lots of product on my tee towel just like my regular t-shirt. I'm unable to detect a difference with my usage. Maybe I'll try it out one of those nights after I've applied leave ins and can't be bothered to finish up until the next day. I'll see how it stands up to an overnight wear for me.

@MileHighDiva I'd take @divachyk advice on this one :yep:
Now buy one and share your experience! :poke"

Last edited:
A downside to the Curly Tee, @MileHighDiva / @rileypak, once it's damp, it's damp....unless you toss it in the dryer which I try not to do as I don't want it shrinking up. So, you'll be forced to pick and choose when to use it - after shampooing or after rinsing out the deep conditioner. I actually have more than one towel so I don't have to pick and choose but if you only had one towel, you'd have to.

@divachyk
I've used CTDG as a transitioner and fully natural. Now think I'm a 4a through and through. Small pen spring coils/curls and I'm strictly a wash & goer. Melted the tangles. Only on wet/damp hair just bc I was scared to use it any other way.

I :love: Curl Junkie back in the day. I would stock up during their spring sale. Repair Me, Daily Fix, and Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Hair Conditioners.

After a full week of the non natural cheapies, I've decided my hair looks okay. I'm used to it looking better. I will use them up and start building my stash back up with all natural products. I'll use @IDareT'sHair advice and use those cheapies she suggested. I used them back in the day. So I'll most likely buy Millcreek and Alba Botanica from Vitacost. Maybe some Natures Gate. I just know Millcreek had some specific conditioners I liked. Shay Shay is spoiled :nono:!

Happy Easter ladies! Welp I purchased some Curl Junkie from CurlMart.
The spirit read all this Curl Junkie talk and started poking me. Fingers went flying and now I have at least five packages coming in the next few weeks :look:
Received a shipping notice for my slap cap and my APB order.

Hooray for no package withdrawal? :look::lachen:

Happy Easter ladies! Welp I purchased some Curl Junkie from CurlMart.
The spirit read all this Curl Junkie talk and started poking me. Fingers went flying and now I have at least five packages coming in the next few weeks :look:
Received a shipping notice for my slap cap and my APB order. Hooray for no package withdrawal? :look::lachen:

@rileypak

I told you, you gotta let the Spurrrrrrt do what it do!:angeldevil:

And I Agree, I am not quite ready for Package Withdraw. Maybe April leading up to M-Day.:look:

I'm currently giving myself a hendigo treatment and used up a full box of Moroccan henna and one full box of indigo bought from hennasooq. I have a half of the henna mix leftover which I'll mix in with another box of indigo for my next hendigo treatment.

I haven't done a henna treatment in about 3 months. It's definitely about time I do before my boxes of henna and indigo expire on me.....again. Instead I have been using my Matrix demi-permanent for coloring my hair but I think my hair need a break from it now.

I'm seriously going to have to do something to my hair.

My hair is still drying. I know I will never wear my hair curly. I'm at a crossroad and need to figure my life out ASAP. I'm not about that life where you are spending hours just to detangle and style your hair.

I think I'm gonna blow dry it, straighten it and bun it perhaps.

Hopefully next week it'll be in braids or something.

I think I'm gonna blow dry it, straighten it and bun it perhaps. Hopefully next week it'll be in braids or something.

@Beamodel
Bunning sounds good. Yeah, I know I'll be a straight-haired Natural.

But not sure how to go about Heat-Training and just not up to thinking about it right now either.:look:

Hopefully, by Fall, I will decide something. I keep pushing the goal back.

@Beamodel I feel you. I'm not sure what else to do with my hair either. Even though I love straight hair, the time it takes to do mine is way too long. After using the Apalus Brush today which took 2 hours, I thought to myself " Do I really have the patience to do this with all this hair once I BC?!":eek: So...with that said I'm still taking things one day at a time.

@divachyk I agree. The CTDG on dry hair doesn't do much for my hair, but damp/wet is great.

Back