Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

Hey ladies, i bought rusk sensories calm shampoo today, don't ask why because idk:look:, i was waiting for my prescription and i started browsing the haircare isle picked it up and smelled it and brought it home with me. I guess i will try it today.

I was 8 months post last week so decided to change my avatar to reflect that although that was a thrown together look :look:. Oh well.

For the first time since the No Buy began I'm starting to feel like I cannot wait until the end of the month. I wanna buy them ceramide oils. My Claudie's is here, I think, so that will settle a fix

hello ladies
last night i slathered my hair in coconut oil and some htn oil and todayll i rinse and co wash with curls sublime.

I'm about to henna my hair. I might add the usual others but I'm thinking about using Tulsi tea with it. I was going to try to add tea to it anyway so...

I wonder how it'll turn out. :scratchch

Afternoon Ladies......:grin:

Man! I had a lot of Knots & Tangles today.:ohwell: Don't know why. I need to think about a better detangling regimen.

I'm not doing something right (I guess). Or is that just inevitable?

But I never hear you all talmbout Knots & Tangles --- And I'm Relaxed, what's up with that? I've asked Brownie a few questions. (Any Tips Ya'll?)

Other than that, I did my daily HTN Regi and will do it again this evening.

@Shay72

Cute Avi! Lovin' the Puffs

Man! I had a lot of Knots & Tangles today.:ohwell: Don't know why. I need to think about a better detangling regimen.

But I never hear you all talmbout Knots & Tangles --- And I'm Relaxed, what's up with that? I've asked Brownie a few questions. (Any Tips Ya'll?)

Other than that, I did my daily HTN Regi and will do it again this evening.

@Shay72

Cute Avi! Lovin' the Puffs
is your hair really thick? when you detangle do you hold your head under the running water while you slip the comb through? thats what i do and it works pretty good.

I'm so back & forth on this Sunshine "Spread the Love" fundraiser. I'm feeling some kinda way. I just don't understand it.....kind of like the Afroveda thing. Ya'll need some business and financial managers :look:.

Oh yeah, so my friend can't travel to NC because she is pregnant :grin:. She has been trying for a long time to have a 2nd child, her 1st is 3 years old. It's a high risk pregnancy so basically she is on lock down and going to the dr every week. All that to say that I can go to the Baltimore Hair Show after all. I fear for my safety up in that joint though :giggle: bc I might go up in there spending money like I'm rich. Also I would love :yep: to meet some of ya'll but I'm a HUGE introvert so I do better typing behind my computer.

is your hair really thick? when you detangle do you hold your head under the running water while you slip the comb through? thats what i do and it works pretty good.

Yeah, it's kinda' sorta' thick. (Not as thick as it use to be tho'):ohwell:

My tangles occur after it dries.:yep:

This morning I had hair that had wrapped around the other hair and made knots and tangles. I tried to work them out with Lotion/oil.:perplexed

Is it basically 'shed' hair wrapping around the other hair or something else?

Ya'll gotta help me out with these Knots & Tangles.:sad:

Am I "Knot" Combing through good enough? Is it 'common' to have knots/tangles?

Mine aren't on the 'ends' they are mid way through.:blush:

Shay i have given up hope on sunshine a long time ago, too many issues. What is the fundraiser about? Dcing right now with kbb hair mask. That rusk shampoo was pretty good, reminds me of elucence shampoo. Didn't strip my hair and doesn't have cones, sulphates or protein. The other products from this line doesn't look so hot, cones and proteins, but this shampoo is nice.

Ya'll gotta help me out with these Knots & Tangles.:sad:

Am I "Knot" Combing through good enough? Is it 'common' to have knots/tangles?

Mine aren't on the 'ends' they are mid way through.:blush:

You may not be detangling good enough, what do you use to detangle with. And after you detangle each section, until you are ready to style braid the section. If you air dry apply your leave in, moisturizer ect and braid again until dry. I hope this helps you.

Yeah, it's kinda' sorta' thick. (Not as thick as it use to be tho'):ohwell:

My tangles occur after it dries.:yep:

This morning I had hair that had wrapped around the other hair and made knots and tangles. I tried to work them out with Lotion/oil.:perplexed

Is it basically 'shed' hair wrapping around the other hair or something else?
it could be shed hair. do you just let your hair air dry out? i would detangle in the shower and braid it in the shower. maybe four braids and that way you shouldnt have to worry about it tangling.

You may not be detangling good enough, what do you use to detangle with. And after you detangle each section, until you are ready to style braid the section. If you air dry apply your leave in, moisturizer ect and braid again until dry. I hope this helps you.

I'm using a Detangling Comb & My Tangle Teezer. I don't think I'm going down deep enough.:blush:

I will try it again next week. I thought I was over Knots & Tangles when I switched Relaxers.:spinning:

I don't braid. I just comb down apply Leave-In & Oil and dry under the dryer. i don't wrap or anything. Just Comb down straight & dry.

Thanks It helps. I have got to do a better job Detangling.:nono:

I'm so back & forth on this Sunshine "Spread the Love" fundraiser. I'm feeling some kinda way. I just don't understand it.....kind of like the Afroveda thing. Ya'll need some business and financial managers :look:.

Oh yeah, so my friend can't travel to NC because she is pregnant :grin:. She has been trying for a long time to have a 2nd child, her 1st is 3 years old. It's a high risk pregnancy so basically she is on lock down and going to the dr every week. All that to say that I can go to the Baltimore Hair Show after all. I fear for my safety up in that joint though :giggle: bc I might go up in there spending money like I'm rich. Also I would love :yep: to meet some of ya'll but I'm a HUGE introvert so I do better typing behind my computer.
im a huge introvert too:yep: its hard for me to "get out there" which is why i brought SO with me the first time i met Charz and Robot.but well be talking about hair so we already have the ice breaker:lachen:
oh, and i agree sunshine needs some help with her business.

Shay i have given up hope on sunshine a long time ago, too many issues. What is the fundraiser about?

She said after posting those videos about her goals and mission statement for her company some voiced wanting to support those goals. Last time I checked I thought we were doing that by purchasing her products :look:. Anyways so she says its to help with her sunshine website and also will help with a website for her products because she's not going to use etsy anymore. Again she needs a business plan that makes sense and is measurable and she can try and go get a small business loan or there may be some grants out there. I'm in :love: with sunshine (product) but as I said before I'm hoping this Shea Sorbet will replace it.

My new addiction :nono: Sarenzo Beads hairties. I've been looking at these hairties for at least 6 months now and finally took the plunge. Ordered on Sunday and got them on Wednesday. Granted she lives in VA but still she has a pretty regular shipping schedule. And like Claudie and Jessica (NJ) it's them that are talking to you through e-mail and they are quite responsive.

it could be shed hair. do you just let your hair air dry out? i would detangle in the shower and braid it in the shower. maybe four braids and that way you shouldnt have to worry about it tangling.

Since I don't Rollerset, Blow Dry or Flat Iron. I just dry straight down, pin under after it dries and tie up. Especially since I am under a Wig.

I am 4 weeks Post Relaxer.

Thanks Ya'll. Ya'll hafta' think back to Your Relaxed Days:lol:

Other than that, I did my daily HTN Regi and will do it again this

T, I do get tangle not knots from shampoo that are harsh. Did you poo, or use something with strong alcohol?

im a huge introvert too:yep: its hard for me to "get out there" which is why i brought SO with me the first time i met Charz and Robot.but well be talking about hair so we already have the ice breaker:lachen:
oh, and i agree sunshine needs some help with her business.

It's funny you say that bc I was thinking if I had a man to drag with me I would so do that. Reminds me I saw PC trifling behind for the first time in like 6 months on Thursday. I was leading a training with my supervisor and he was there :nono:. I never told ya'll about that but basically he likes to play games and I'm too old for that ish. He did look really happy to see me and tried to give me a full out hug and I gave him a halfsie. Cheesing all up in my face when you know you sorry as hail :look:.

She said after posting those videos about her goals and mission statement for her company some voiced wanting to support those goals. Last time I checked I thought we were doing that by purchasing her products :look:. Anyways so she says its to help with her sunshine website and also will help with a website for her products because she's not going to use etsy anymore. Again she needs a business plan that makes sense and is measurable and she can try and go get a small business loan or there may be some grants out there. I'm in :love: with sunshine (product) but as I said before I'm hoping this Shea Sorbet will replace it.

My new addiction :nono: Sarenzo Beads hairties. I've been looking at these hairties for at least 6 months now and finally took the plunge. Ordered on Sunday and got them on Wednesday. Granted she lives in VA but still she has a pretty regular shipping schedule. And like Claudie and Jessica (NJ) it's them that are talking to you through e-mail and they are quite responsive.

So she wants people to help donate money for her new website that was supposed to be up last year. Will the people who donate receive part of the profit from product purchases. And will she still have issues after people have donated:look:, lawd she needs to get herself together before she does anything with this company. I don't want to bash her because she is sweet but this just seems a bit tacky to me. And i never say that.:look:

Reminds me I saw PC trifling behind for the first time in like 6 months on Thursday. I was leading a training with my supervisor and he was there :nono:. I never told ya'll about that but basically he likes to play games and I'm too old for that ish. He did look really happy to see me and tried to give me a full out hug and I gave him a halfsie. Cheesing all up in my face when you know you sorry as hail :look:.

Shay72

Hmp.:rolleyes:

Good For You Shay.:grin:

Hmp. He betta' make that "Halfsie" Last..................:lol:

.......:look:

It's funny you say that bc I was thinking if I had a man to drag with me I would so do that. Reminds me I saw PC trifling behind for the first time in like 6 months on Thursday. I was leading a training with my supervisor and he was there :nono:. I never told ya'll about that but basically he likes to play games and I'm too old for that ish. He did look really happy to see me and tried to give me a full out hug and I gave him a halfsie. Cheesing all up in my face when you know you sorry as hail :look:.
i cant stand when men play games:nono:

but itll be fun to see everybody. i dont know if ill be there by myself or drag SO along. i really dont like going places by myself:look:

IDareT'sHair, i think you should start braiding your hair in at least four plaits. can you plait?

T, when i was transitioning and didnt want to flat iron i would put my wet hair in one braid in the back and pin it up, then add my scarf.

T, when i was transitioning and didnt want to flat iron i would put my wet hair in one braid in the back and pin it up, then add my scarf.

@chebaby

Thanks I will try something different. :sad:

Maybe since I am just combing it straight down & drying and just pinning it under, I am missing something which is causing it to tangle and knot.:nono:

It's either Shed hair or NG wrapping around relaxed hair and knotting up. Which is why I switched from Lye to No-Lye. I thought it would relieve this problem. So, it's probably my detangling & drying technique.:yep:

Back