Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wore the big fro all day.:afro: It felt too soft and moved so nice that I couldn't tame it. But since I have to work tomorrow I'll lock it away in a bun.

My Ori didn't come today:nono:

T, how can you tell you are having porosity issues?

After my Salon Mishap, I had several Kitchenticians look at my hair and tell me I had overly porous har. I had no idea what that meant: "Hair's inability to attract and retain moisture" plus the Cuticle of your Hair is raised and not laying flat like it should be. It has holes, chips, etc...in the cuticle causing moisture to escape.

And a coupla' of them were working in Sally. And then when I was a lurker and read the Thread Porosity the Forgotten Step, it opened my eyes to alot of things. I did research on each problem my hair experienced after being overprocessed, double processed, highly porous and poorly neutralized during the relaxer process. Then I joined and now I'm here.

And why did he have to have the hip roll in there too:lachen::lachen:

Vonnie....Imma be breakin' it on down (just like that) when my Hairveda arrives!
*goes to watch it again*:look: :lachen:

i think im going to twist my hair tonight, i will be using kbb milk and cream. or i might use oyin shine and define, i dont really know. i just want to play in my hair to be honest.

:lachen::lachen: La, you crazy!!!! He tore it up!!! :lachen:

Hey, ladies!! I was nursing a migraine all day so I missed all the fun. I didn't get to do my normal Wednesday wash. I miss it, too.

So I hear that Spiral Solutions deep conditioner is back in stock. T...Che...:look:

mkd, I can't wait for the Hairveda sale either. I can't wait to try the new body oils.

Shay, good for you dropping a size!!!!! :grin:

I really :lick: the smell of SSI's Marshmallow Cream. I like the consistency and that it has ceramides in it (wheat germ oil and hemp seed oil). Although it seems ceramides doesn't bind to natural hair like it does to relaxed and it seems like we don't need it as much but I'm still incorporating them.

:lachen::lachen: La, you crazy!!!! He tore it up!!! :lachen:

Hey, ladies!! I was nursing a migraine all day so I missed all the fun. I didn't get to do my normal Wednesday wash. I miss it, too.

So I hear that Spiral Solutions deep conditioner is back in stock. T...Che...:look:

mkd, I can't wait for the Hairveda sale either. I can't wait to try the new body oils.

Shay, good for you dropping a size!!!!! :grin:

Ms. b when you feel a migraine coming on, take advil liquid gel caps( the aqua looking ones) 4 of them. It always helps me. My mom has severe migraines and she hipped me to them. I can't wait to try the oil either, i know the scents from the soaps i purchased from her and i loved all of them.

Shay now that your natural do you still find that you need protein? I can do without it.

I don't think I need it but I'm scared to not use it. My relaxed and transitioning hair loved protein. I have cut way back on it's use now. I used to use protein every other cowash and do a monthly treatment. Now I use it once weekly and do a treatment monthly. I plan to cut back even more and see how my hair reacts. You have to remember this is coming from a person that used to have a bathroom floor covered in hair and started using protein and it was like a miracle. It is a really scary thought but I don't want to be doing what my hair doesn't need either.

I really :lick: the smell of SSI's Marshmallow Cream. I like the consistency and that it has ceramides in it (wheat germ oil and hemp seed oil). Although it seems ceramides doesn't bind to natural hair like it does to relaxed and it seems like we don't need it as much but I'm still incorporating them.

ITA with your whole post. I don't think natural hair "needs" protein but I've notice a dose here and there does help. My protein treatments are with mild/moderate protein products and that's only when I don't henna or my hair feels mushy.

I can't wait for the fall/winter to get here so I can try out my new SSI products (that is the only reason I welcome the cold).

I have one more use left in my Lavendar Vanilla KBB hair milk. I used it this morning to pull my hair back with a banana clip. I put a little whipped gelly on the sides to smooth them down (I have to remember to use this more often). I retwisted the single flat twist in the front to give it some flair.

Tonight I'll cowash with Moist 24/7 and DC with WDT. Put in some chunky twists and put on my hat until I leave for vacation Saturday.

Vonnie, the lavender vanilla was my favorite scent. I had a lotion and conditioner in that scent. I may try to do protein 1x a month to see how it works for my hair. Maybe a dc followed by a moisturizing one. I know when i do need it, real mayo for 20 minutes does the job for me. I will try it to see how my hair responds.

Ms. b when you feel a migraine coming on, take advil liquid gel caps( the aqua looking ones) 4 of them. It always helps me. My mom has severe migraines and she hipped me to them. I can't wait to try the oil either, i know the scents from the soaps i purchased from her and i loved all of them.

Thanks, La. I'll try that. I don't usually take Advil but I'll get some when I go to Target today. The migraine is gone, but my head still hurts and my neck is stiff.

Thanks, La. I'll try that. I don't usually take Advil but I'll get some when I go to Target today. The migraine is gone, but my head still hurts and my neck is stiff.

I have tried everything under the sun and those seem to work the best for any pain that im having. I had a migraine so bad one day i took a whole bottle of regular ibuprofen through out the whole day. I picked those up and as soon as i took them my head started feeling better, within 30 minutes it was completely gone. I keep a huge bottle in my purse.

Brownie, I hope you feel better! Before I had kids, I suffered from terrible migraines. Thank God they went away when I was pregnant and haven't come back. Migraines are terrible.

Hey Ladies........:hiya2:

Just put on a little of that NJoi CreationS Ayurvedic Hair Butter.:lick:

Now Ya'll know I e-mailed Njoi...:blush:*i'm scandulous...i know, i know*:sekret: but she told me she may be having another sale in the next week or two:look:...so hopefully, i'll pick up another butta' then.*:drool:

I'm having lunch w/a Friend...I may venture out w/o da' rug on today. It's been a great wigless week:amen:

I hope you feel better Brownie!! I used to get them really bad when I was young, it was really bad to the point where i had to be hospitalized. Luckily they stopped around middle school but then my brother started getting them and he has to take medication for it. Migraines are no joke.

If you have to pop some pills, turn off all the lights and put people on ignore. Thats what I do when they get really bad.

I couldn't wait so i ventured to the health food store today and it is addicting. It was so hard sticking to my list, i got 2 extra things but i did good. They had every natural conditioner under the sun, giovanni, aubrey, jasons and some i never heard of. My extras are lanolin oil to add to my dc's and i found burts bees avocado prepoo. Now all i need is my knot today which i will order tommorrow and im done for the winter, except for hairveda.:look:

Brownie--I've dealt with migraines since I was young. To the point that my mom was constantly taking me to the doctor for them. Any pill with 500 mg works for me. I usually take a dose of 1500 mg :look:. Also as soon as I get an inkling of a headache I pop pills. If I let it get too far gone I keep the headache for at least a day :nono:. I used to have the hookup when I was still a military dependent--800 mg motrin :woot:. I still do every now and again bc my parents are retired military (Army) and my friend is a Marine wife so they will slip me some 800 mg motrin every now and then.

Vonnie--I forgot I use Cassia every 3-4 months so I'm sure that helps my hair too.

I've been "Blessed" I have never experienced Migraine Headaches. So, I have been really fortunate, because I have plenty of "Friends" that suffer from these.:blush:

And now Ya'll (my e-Cousins) are telling me you all have them too.:perplexed

I truly count my blessings on not having them...now.:yep:

Glad you all have found some things that work for you at the Onset.:sad:

I couldn't wait so i ventured to the health food store today and it is addicting. It was so hard sticking to my list, i got 2 extra things but i did good. They had every natural conditioner under the sun, giovanni, aubrey, jasons and some i never heard of. My extras are lanolin oil to add to my dc's and i found burts bees avocado prepoo. Now all i need is my knot today which i will order tommorrow and im done for the winter, except for hairveda.:look:

Girl....You gon' be a Mixing Sensation! *does offering dance*

That still crackes me up! especially the booty/hip roll:look:

*goes to watch again*:look:

T I think you should go to the product exchange board now. Someone is selling Njoi. I've bought from her many times and never had any issues either.

Ya'll Just Call Me Sis. Franklin........:grin:

That Just Cracks me up! Especially the White Pants w/the Black Socks!:lachen:

*Thanks Shay* Off to check!

Girl....You gon' be a Mixing Sensation! *does offering dance*

That still crackes me up! especially the booty/hip roll:look:

*goes to watch again*:look:

:lachen: Bro franklin is gettin it in:lachen:. Yeah, the bad part of it all is that i have had most of these things in the past but being a pj they soon got tossed away. Im really going to make an effort to use this stuff up before i buy anything else. The one thing i may have a problem using up is the aloe vera juice, its a 32oz the smallest that they had.

Pssst....Girl, You know you can DRANK 'DAT Juice:alcoholic... It's Nasty tho'.:barf:

@Shay, I saw that yesterday. I already have the Hairdressing...:sekret:

Now I hate to leave to go have Lunch w/My Friend....since all Ya'll are on here.:grouphug:

What's the Likelihood of that on a Thursday Afternoon?:shocked:

Hey Ladies..........:wave:

Just returned to lunch. I 'hoped' I woulda' gotten a package today.:scratchch

Hey....has anybody else noticed how SLOW Curlmart has gotten in their Shipping.:bud:

I've been "Blessed" I have never experienced Migraine Headaches. So, I have been really fortunate, because I have plenty of "Friends" that suffer from these.:blush:

And now Ya'll (my e-Cousins) are telling me you all have them too.:perplexed

I truly count my blessings on not having them...now.:yep:

Glad you all have found some things that work for you at the Onset.:sad:

Oddly enough mine stopped when I hit puberty and my brothers started then.Also, Suave Humectant conditioner gives me headaches so I dont use it anymore. I have been getting them recently because of stress though.

So yea I got the Wen package today. Now I must say upfront, my hair is feeling really awesome right now with my new reggie. I knew that going in and was very anxious using Wen because we know how with the quickness a product can mess things up.

My short answer - its okay.

It is only a slight step (up or sideways) from Sebastian Light.

The thing that makes it better than Sebastian is the heavy usage of essential oils which over time will improve the quality of the hair.

I am happy that it didn't destroy the progress I've made with my hair so far. But it would definitely take more than one use to say if this could be a staple product as it is for so many others. In my mind right now, I can use my liter sized Sebastian Light (the highest price I've seen was $40) and leave my essential oils mix to my leave-in or oil steam treatments.

It did leave my new growth slightly less moisturized than before I used it, but I was able to get that back easily with Qhem Coco Detangler.

Tonight I am going to do the whole shebang. I will poo with any old poo I can find, finish up a bottle of V05 and then DC my hair overnight with a mix of Jason's naturals conditioner, Giovanni TTTT and Vatika Oil and Frosting. I will plait it up overnight for a "plait out fro tomorrow and tomorrow afternoon/night I will do the box braids. i'm just trying to get rid of these conditioners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back