Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. :grin:

No, I haven't tried that Che, let me look at the ingredients. Does Darcy's have anything good for styling twists/braids.

Mkd, I've done my WnG with Darcy's coconut lemongrass transitioning creme and it was good. It does not have shea butter and for me that the key for moisture. Here is the ingredients: Distilled water, organic aloe vera, organic coconut oil, BTMS(conditioning emulsifier)Vitamin E, panthenol, Yarrow, Sage, Horsetail, Nettle, Lavendere, pheoxyethanol, ethylheyl-glycern, lemongreass essential oil.
Lemongrass oil is usually strong but this does not have much so it right! Thanks to IDareT, I'll be purchasing Darcy's products!

Mkd, I've done my WnG with Darcy's coconut lemongrass transitioning creme and it was good. It does not have shea butter and for me that the key for moisture. Here is the ingredients: Distilled water, organic aloe vera, organic coconut oil, BTMS(conditioning emulsifier)Vitamin E, panthenol, Yarrow, Sage, Horsetail, Nettle, Lavendere, pheoxyethanol, ethylheyl-glycern, lemongreass essential oil.
Lemongrass oil is usually strong but this does not have much so it right! Thanks to IDareT, I'll be purchasing Darcy's products!
Those ingredients sound really nice Ltown. I think I am going to order some stuff tomorrow.

All this talk about Darcy's got me on the website at 4 in the morning. I'm really not liking you all right now:lachen:. Feel like a addict feenin to try something new knowing I just order the 2 new hair creams from SSI.:wallbash:

I was in the Hair Butters thread and people are getting their fall/winter butter order together. I've decided this year I'm sticking with the vendors and whatever I have left over from last year.

Does Darcy have a good hair butter for the winter?:sekret:

Yeah, I remember people having bad results with Darcy's twisting cream.

Do you know which one of the twisting creams?

I think I have some of the Mozeke sample left and I got the Kupuca (sp?) Holding butter too. Maybe I'll pass on the Darcy's until I start doing my twists and really start using up my butters.

I think I may go ahead and co-wash & DC tonight when I get home from work (Lord willing).:grin:

I'm almost finished with my Njoi Herbal Hair Dressing. I may put that last bit away for Fall/Winter. And move on to something a little lighter.:look:

I will possibly rotate back to KBB Hair Milks for a while.:yep:

All this talk about Darcy's got me on the website at 4 in the morning. I'm really not liking you all right now:lachen:. Feel like a addict feenin to try something new knowing I just order the 2 new hair creams from SSI.:wallbash:

I was in the Hair Butters thread and people are getting their fall/winter butter order together. I've decided this year I'm sticking with the vendors and whatever I have left over from last year.

Does Darcy have a good hair butter for the winter?:sekret:

I need to get me some butter for winter, since I was transitioning last winter I know I don't like shea but love avocado. Who do you recommend?

I Ain't get No Notice yet from SSI?:rolleyes:

Mornin' Ltown & Vonnie!:lachen:

Morning Ms. T and Ltown :wave:

I need to get me some butter for winter, since I was transitioning last winter I know I don't like shea but love avocado. Who do you recommend?

I got mine from Texas Naturals and I really liked it. BostonMaria has tried a few companies I wanna say she like Camdengrey as well. She is the one that put me onto the Avocado butter.

I got mine from Texas Naturals and I really liked it. BostonMaria has tried a few companies I wanna say she like Camdengrey as well. She is the one that put me onto the Avocado butter.

Hey Girlie!:grin:

I ordered alot from TNS last year too.:grin: Their shipping is sky-high.:nono:

IK alot of people order from ButtersNBars too. I never have.:ohwell:

I love Avacado Butter and I also liked the Hempseed Butter, Jojoba Butter and the Olive Butter from TNS. They give you a really good amount (even in there smallest size) It's just that the Shipping was a turn-off (for me).:sad:

Sometimes though, they offer a 10% discount.:rolleyes:

I may just stick to Hair Creams & Oils this Fall/Winter. I also have some Elasta QP Mango Butter. I may pull that out too.:yep:

Good Morning Vonnie! I had gotten mine from Texas too that why I love it, I'm checking around for prices so I can stock up for the winter. IDareT gave me some Tucuma Butter. I love it and will be getting some of it too. It has shea but not as much and that the keep for my hair. Off to work. Have a great day and chat later!

Good Morning Vonnie! I had gotten mine from Texas too that why I love it, I'm checking around for prices so I can stock up for the winter. IDareT gave me some Tucuma Butter. I love it and will be getting some of it too. It has shea but not as much and that the keep for my hair. Off to work. Have a great day and chat later!

So Do I!:grin: It worked extremely well on my relaxed hair.:yep:

Hey Girlie!:grin:

I ordered alot from TNS last year too.:grin: Their shipping is sky-high.:nono:

IK alot of people order from ButtersNBars too. I never have.:ohwell:

I love Avacado Butter and I also liked the Hempseed Butter, Jojoba Butter and the Olive Butter from TNS. They give you a really good amount (even in there smallest size) It's just that the Shipping was a turn-off (for me).:sad:

Sometimes though, they offer a 10% discount.:rolleyes:

I may just stick to Hair Creams & Oils this Fall/Winter. I also have some Elasta QP Mango Butter. I may pull that out too.:yep:

Hey, I've ordered from Butter-n-bar got they $18 butter deal but they don't have avacado. Camdengrey do have better selection, jojoba, aloe:grin: Getting my orders ready for my gift card:grin:

Do you know which one of the twisting creams?

I think I have some of the Mozeke sample left and I got the Kupuca (sp?) Holding butter too. Maybe I'll pass on the Darcy's until I start doing my twists and really start using up my butters.
Vonnie, I can't remember exactly which one, maybe the plum twisting cream or something like that:perplexed

The avocado butter from camdengrey is the only one I have used. I like it a lot. I don't know if I will reorder though because I don't like to pay for shipping just one item.

The avocado butter from camdengrey is the only one I have used. I like it a lot. I don't know if I will reorder though because I don't like to pay for shipping just one item.

I did a calculate what I would get: lb avacodo 1/2lb aloe and 1/2 jojoba at $25 shipping 8.95. It would last me a good minute.

Hey Ladies: Just co-washed w/HV Acai Phyto Berry! :lick:

Again...that stuff is the Smokin' Bomb.:blush:

I am getting ready to rinse out this Nexxus Emergencee and then will Steam w/SSI Fortifying Masque.

Still no shipping info on SSI???? I ordered the same time ya'll did???:rolleyes:

hmp.:rolleyes:

Doubtful if I will use up anything? Maybe Njoi Herbal Leave-In?:look:

I thought I would last week but the little men keep refilliing the bottle.:grin:

hi everyone
i did a twist out last night using afroveda whipped gelly. i love the way my hair turned out today but im convinced i will never be able to get second day hair without re-twisting every night. tonight i will co wash with suave tropical coconut, let hair air dry to about 80%, use kbb hair milk and afroveda whipped gelly on 13 twists for a twist out. until i get tired of it or miss my wash and go this will be my go to style.

a co worker said my hair looks dry today and told me to do a HOT. my hair is not dry. i just did an overnight treatment the other day and my hair is really really soft. im natural, my hair will not shine like straight hair.

a co worker said my hair looks dry today and told me to do a HOT. my hair is not dry. i just did an overnight treatment the other day and my hair is really really soft. im natural, my hair will not shine like straight hair.
@1st Bolded: Tell Them We said::massmoon:

@2nd bolded::hardslap:

Just finally getting around to doing this mop top of hair.

I rinsed out the Avocado condish from yesterday. I plan to use Mozeke products today for the flat twists- Kokum leave-in, sweet almond pudding and the mango holding butter. I hope this goes well. This will be my second attempt at flat twists.:ohwell:

mkd & vonnie--I tried one of the twisting creams from Darcy's and hated it so I threw the other one out too. No lie I felt like it sucked every bit of moisture out of my hair.

I'm set for butters for the fall & winter. No need to purchase anything especially since I just ordered that new one from SSI. I used up Claudie's Moisturizing Conditioner this morning. I have two back ups.

Evening everyone! IDareT hope you did not have a hard day staying up trying to hang with the early birds!

I had to wash my hair after 2 days of co-washing(hit or miss with cowashing). So wash with jasmine nourshing, then use my Darcy's lemongrass don't have much left so it on the wish list.

mkd & vonnie--I tried one of the twisting creams from Darcy's and hated it so I threw the other one out too. No lie I felt like it sucked every bit of moisture out of my hair.

I'm set for butters for the fall & winter. No need to purchase anything especially since I just ordered that new one from SSI. I used up Claudie's Moisturizing Conditioner this morning. I have two back ups.
Shay, you were the person I was thinking about but I couldn't remember who said it sucked. I won't be ordered that. I am still thinking about the curl junking curling creme.

Evening everyone! IDareT hope you did not have a hard day staying up trying to hang with the early birds!

I had to wash my hair after 2 days of co-washing(hit or miss with cowashing). So wash with jasmine nourshing, then use my Darcy's lemongrass don't have much left so it on the wish list.
Ltown, I had to tweak my regimen to eliminate co washing. I really wanted it to work for me but it caused too much product build up.

I really want to wash my hair tonight but I am going to stick to my schedule and wait until tomorrow.

I wish I could swap the scents of my KBB hair milk.

mkd--I think LC didn't like them either. I believe she tried the glycerin free one.

Yeah I've been eyeing Curl Junkie myself but ya'll know how crazy I am...I think the packaging is ugly. I won't be buying Sakura either bc she uses a lot of stuff I don't like in her hair products. I didn't get around to looking at the body products.

mkd--I think LC didn't like them either. I believe she tried the glycerin free one.

Yeah I've been eyeing Curl Junkie myself but ya'll know how crazy I am...I think the packaging is ugly. I won't be buying Sakura either bc she uses a lot of stuff I don't like in her hair products. I didn't get around to looking at the body products.
:giggle:
I am about to look at the sakura etsy site.

IDareT hope you did not have a hard day staying up trying to hang with the early birds!

Girl, I crawled back into bed & almost over slept:blush: :lachen:

IA: Ltown -- There is not too much left on my list either.:look:

RE: Sakura. I really like the Protein Hair Mist. I tried the Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea, and didn't like it.:sad:

I like this one alot better, but it is a little 'pricey' w/Shipping & all.:perplexed

I still have the Njoi Herbal Tea Hair Mist to try too. I really liked the Qhemet Karady Tea. So, this will be a good product comparison.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back