Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still haven't started on my hair. But I have to do it. Being in the sun yesterday dried my edges out and gave me the itchies.

We had a mini crab boil at my grandmother's house. They were some tasty crabs. I wish we had gotten a whole bushel.

FattyFat- I can't access FB at work and sometimes I don't get the complete news feed on my phone. So I very easily missed it. I thought she would have sent out an inbox message to friends about it. Thanks tho.

mmmmmmmmmm crabs!!!!! I loooooooooove them.

sorry you missed it vonnie. next time she sends something, Ill be sure to let you know.

so.....I just used AOHSR. I looooove it. My hair definitely wasnt tangled like it usually is. I was in rush so I didnt leave it in very long but....next time...its on.

I finished a jasmines shampoo today.

Still haven't started on my hair. But I have to do it. Being in the sun yesterday dried my edges out and gave me the itchies.

We had a mini crab boil at my grandmother's house. They were some tasty crabs. I wish we had gotten a whole bushel.

FattyFat- I can't access FB at work and sometimes I don't get the complete news feed on my phone. So I very easily missed it. I thought she would have sent out an inbox message to friends about it. Thanks tho.

How many braids do you do to get a nice braidout?

I think I only did like 6 or so and that may have been my issue. Do you think 12-15 would give a nice braidout?
Vonnie, I only do 5 cornrows and I get good results. Do you have thick hair? My hair is fine and not very dense so I don't have to do a whole of them.

Hey ladies!

My hair and I have come to a truce. I cut off 2 inches. I like it, my hair has weight to it now. I have minimal breakage and shedding. I am using loreal hair fixer every wash. It has helped a lot.

I haven't bough anything either! Yay for being in recovery!

Vonnie, I only do 5 cornrows and I get good results. Do you have thick hair? My hair is fine and not very dense so I don't have to do a whole of them.

Ok...so I hate to admit it but....I can't cornrow:blush:. I know I've shamed black people everywhere:lachen:

I wonder if it will work with regular braids like when I was transitioning.:ohwell: I hate to wear a puff to church and work Monday.

So its almost 11pm and I'm just getting settled in under the heat cap with the Mozeke Carrot Protein Masque. I wasn't that fond of the smell (maybe its me cuz everything smells like bananas to me & I don't like bananas). The consistency was great. I hope it lives up to what everyone else has said about it.

I'm going to do this instead of henna this month. Don't feel like the potential mess and required time to henna. Sad part is all I have to do is defrost and apply.

Oh! and I used up a Skala SB in addition to the Carrot Masque sample.

Ok...so I hate to admit it but....I can't cornrow:blush:. I know I've shamed black people everywhere:lachen:

I wonder if it will work with regular braids like when I was transitioning.:ohwell: I hate to wear a puff to church and work Monday.
Girl, don't be shamed. The ONLY reason that I can half way cornrow is because I am determined to know how to braid my daughter's hair. The more braid outs i do, the better i get. I learned on youtube and from my aunt.

I've started my hair for today. I added an oil rinse. I am using Gleau oil. Will pre poo with Burts Bees Preshampoo Treatment. Cowash with Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner. DC with Shea Moisture Deep Restorative Masque. Detangle with Knot Today. ACV Rinse. Use Knot Today as my leave in and Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion as my moisturizer. Seal with Komaza's Moku Serum. Let my hair air dry.

I've started my hair for today. I added an oil rinse. I am using Gleau oil. Will pre poo with Burts Bees Preshampoo Treatment. Cowash with Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner. DC with Shea Moisture Deep Restorative Masque. Detangle with Knot Today. ACV Rinse. Use Knot Today as my leave in and Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion as my moisturizer. Seal with Komaza's Moku Serum. Let my hair air dry.

Shay how do you like the burt's bees preshampoo treatment? Is it moisturizing or a protein? They have bb products on sale right now for half off at the grocery store.

Shay how do you like the burt's bees preshampoo treatment? Is it moisturizing or a protein? They have bb products on sale right now for half off at the grocery store.

I like it. I feel like it does the same thing that oils do for my hair. Soften it. It is very easy to apply. Smells green....it is green. A little bit goes a long way.

Here are the ingredients:
vegetable glycerin, olive oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, oat flour,citrus rind oil, lanolin, nettle leaf powder, quillaja extract, oat oil, chlorophyll & vegetable oil, rosemary leaf oil, tocopherol (vitamin e), and fragrance.

I like it. I feel like it does the same thing that oils do for my hair. Soften it. It is very easy to apply. Smells green....it is green. A little bit goes a long way.

Here are the ingredients:
vegetable glycerin, olive oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, oat flour,citrus rind oil, lanolin, nettle leaf powder, quillaja extract, oat oil, chlorophyll & vegetable oil, rosemary leaf oil, tocopherol (vitamin e), and fragrance.

Thanks shay, the only thing im worried about is the oat flour, but ive read some reviews on how people like it and how to use it so i might try it since its on sale. It sounds like it would be good for the winter time.

Me Either:nono:

@La: I've used BB's Pre-Shampoo early in my HHJ. I liked it too.:yep:

But gave up the poo's & pre-poos for co-washing.:look:

I need to co wash, its so hot out when i get home from work my hair stinks:look:. I still have some mbc left so i might use that. It just takes so long for my hair to dry and then its wet all night from the sweat but i need to try something. I will get the bb for the winter and use the rest of the mbc to cowash. I like the curl junkie smoothing conditioner better for detangling and moisture after i shampoo.

My hair is still soft from the leave in and shea oil, ill go another few weeks and see how it keeps up. If it continues to work it will replace my beemine.

I need to co wash, its so hot out when i get home from work my hair stinks:look:. I still have some mbc left so i might use that. It just takes so long for my hair to dry and then its wet all night from the sweat but i need to try something. I will get the bb for the winter and use the rest of the mbc to cowash. I like the curl junkie smoothing conditioner better for detangling and moisture after i shampoo.

My hair is still soft from the leave in and shea oil, ill go another few weeks and see how it keeps up. If it continues to work it will replace my beemine.

And mine is trapped all week under a wig. I started co-washing twice a week, but I know that's just too much for my hair.

If you can find something that works well for you locally, that's great. I am proud of you for re-prioritizing things.:grin:

Right now, for me, I am so caught up in these Natural/Handmade products.......my product addiction is totally outta control.:spinning: :rolleyes:

:look:psst: did you conquer your perfume/make-up/nail/body product addiction?:look:

that's why i stayed out of the make-up forum.:nono: i overcame those several years ago, and could see myself very easily being consumed with those things again.

And mine is trapped all week under a wig. I started co-washing twice a week, but I know that's just too much for my hair.

If you can find something that works well for you locally, that's great. I am proud of you for re-prioritizing things.:grin:

Right now, for me, I am so caught up in these Natural/Handmade products.......my product addiction is totally outta control.:spinning: :rolleyes:

:look:psst: did you conquer your perfume/make-up/nail/body product addiction?:look:

that's why i stayed out of the make-up forum.:nono: i overcame those several years ago, and could see myself very easily being consumed with those things again.

To the bolded yes i did. I don't even venture there anymore. I know my triggers so i stay away. You know i think my hair smells because of the products turn sour in the heat. I just thought of that, i know deja's has coconut milk in it. Its so hot you can't breathe when you go outside even at night. I may co-wash once or twice a week, it depends.

To the bolded yes i did. I don't even venture there anymore. I know my triggers so i stay away. You know i think my hair smells because of the products turn sour in the heat. I just thought of that, i know deja's has coconut milk in it. Its so hot you can't breathe when you go outside even at night. I may co-wash once or twice a week, it depends.

Totally Makes Perfect Sense.:yep:

I've fallen off the wagon too T. I want to buy some Darcy's and that Sakura Protein Mist and I think she has another product too. I've negotiated with myself and said I need to at least wait until I get my stuff from Jasmine's even though that is mostly body products.

Is Curl Junkie black owned :look:?

Well I never got to do my hair last night. I just put the WDT with glycerin and a lil HOT and just DC'd overnight. I rinsed this morning and tried Che's method of rinse shake & go. My hair came out nice and soft. I'll probably rinse tonight and then try a braidout or maybe flat twists for a twist out.

I gave a friend at church who is transitioning and moving to Boston some WDT and leave-in as a going away gift.

I've fallen off the wagon too T. I want to buy some Darcy's and that Sakura Protein Mist and I think she has another product too. I've negotiated with myself and said I need to at least wait until I get my stuff from Jasmine's even though that is mostly body products.

Is Curl Junkie black owned :look:?

To the bolded i don't know, but if she isn't she sure knows curly and kinky hair.

DC and steam:blush: with hibiscus and banana by curl junkie! thanks IDareT.

I love the smell, and softness it gave me.

I'm trying my Wash-n-go again, use homemade leave in and oils.

hello ladies.
last night i didnt do the evoo overnight like i said i would. i actually slathered my hair in mhc honey mask and today just rinsed it out, shake and go. i really love that stuff i cant wait to reup. but it wont be for a while so i will be sacing this jar lol.
actually i think i will try to recreat it with coconut milk, shea butter, coconut oil and lots and lots of honey.

^^^^^

Glad you like the Honey Masque.:yep:

The MHC Horsetail Reconstructor smells incredible. I ordered the Molasses DC'er one the other day.

Can't wait to try them out.:yep:

I washed my hair with a poo bar and then conditioned with HV acai berry. I braided my hair, threw some rollers on the ends and now i have a scarf on.

T, im starting to believe the best thing about MHC is her deep conditioners because i didnt think any of her creams were all that lol. i really liked her honey hair cream but it smelled like syrup, that was the only problem.

mkd im going to do a braid out too tonight. i doubt i will be using the rollers though because my hair isnt long enough to hand after its been rolled. and i dont know what im going to use. i thught about kbb milk and hairveda whipped gelly or kbb milk and aveda defining whipp.

I finished HV's ACV rinse. I have 1 back up. Most likely I will switch back to good ole acv from the store. Makes life easier that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back