Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.1

I might just come up early Sunday morning and leave late Sunday night. These hotel prices are eating into my PJ purchases!

i would love to meet up with yall on whatever sunday that it in may. i dont know about going to the makeup show though because im not really into makeup anymore

itown, i mailed your stuff today

mkd, i got my package in the mail today and i always love the way the curl define smells. i put it in the refrigerator to make sure it does spoil since people have been having issues with that. and i took out one of my twists and wet it with water and then retwisted with the curl define and it is so soft. i think this will be great for twists but i wont dare use it on out styles since it didnt work before.

You should, we takin the Mega Bus from Baltimore (David and I)
hmmmm, i will ask dwight if he will come with me. i love new york but havent been in a while. we will most likely take greyhound early in the morning and come back that same night.

hmmmm, i will ask dwight if he will come with me. i love new york but havent been in a while. we will most likely take greyhound early in the morning and come back that same night.

Yeah I think we will take the Megabus early and come back late the same night too.

I got tickets on the cheap-cheap!

and KBB closes at 8pm so I will def have time for that!!

oh lord, not mega bus.

that bus is sooooooooooooooooooooo on its OWN time. My bus was scheduled to leave at 6 or 7pm...its aint get to Penn Station until 9pm. Good luck with mega bus Charz! I hope it picks you up on time so you can really enjoy NYC. Is it your first time here?

day36, I used the tea tree oil and castor oil today and I loooooooooooooooved it!

oh lord, not mega bus.

that bus is sooooooooooooooooooooo on its OWN time. My bus was scheduled to leave at 6 or 7pm...its aint get to Penn Station until 9pm. Good luck with mega bus Charz! I hope it picks you up on time so you can really enjoy NYC. Is it your first time here?

day36, I used the tea tree oil and castor oil today and I loooooooooooooooved it!

Girl, I am leaving at 1 am in the morning. If I'm not there by the Makeup show opening (9 am), well damn. Anyway I am leaving so early just incase David has to drive us up there lol.

I've been to NYC before, so I am mainly coming up for the Makeup show and shopping.

i want to go just to meet up with yall and do some cheap shopping. if dwight doesnt go i'll ask my brother and we might stay for and extra day or so with family. i dont know yet. i hate taking off from work so i need to make sure everything is good.

I'm making my Hairveda and Qhemet lists and I'm like :nono: but then I think I haven't purchased from them since BF and I'm like :grin:.

itown, i mailed your stuff today

mkd, i got my package in the mail today and i always love the way the curl define smells. i put it in the refrigerator to make sure it does spoil since people have been having issues with that. and i took out one of my twists and wet it with water and then retwisted with the curl define and it is so soft. i think this will be great for twists but i wont dare use it on out styles since it didnt work before.
Good! i sent you a PM before I read the thread. I was getting worried that it was lost in the mail:nono:

Imma do my hair tommorrow after work. I won't wait until Saturday.

Hopefully when I get home, I won't be too tired.:perplexed

Also, it was 85 today and my hair was damp underneath da' wig:blush:.....still not sure if I can do it all summa':sad:

What are you getting Shay!:lick: How many Gallons......:grin:

From Hairveda: Moist PRO gallon, acv rinse, methi sativa, new dc, and whipped cream. Yeah I know whipped cream is the only thing on sale but I want the new dc so I had to wait for the sale anyway

Qhemet: cocoa tree detangling ghee, ohhb, castor & moringa serum, and burdock root buttercream

Yup! And I wanna get some Dudley DRC-28 on the cheap cheap. Day 36 needs to tell me her hookup!

lol. girl its at a bss by my house in queens. i have to go check the price again, i wonder if it would be even cheaper in bk (i live in a bit expensive neighborhood). hmmmm. i'll do research for you. if anything, ill pick it up for you charz, and then day of makeup show, we'll work it out. :sekret::lachen:

eta: op, ill have your funds boo! i mostly just want brushes.

etaa: lol. che, charz and rc, we ny ladies (wns, me, op) can show you all a good time. we all should do dinner before you ladies leave! also, we should just plan everything beforehand because you ladies mostly want to go to the same places (kbb, shopping, etc).

Last edited:
Imma do my hair tommorrow after work. I won't wait until Saturday.

Hopefully when I get home, I won't be too tired.:perplexed

Also, it was 85 today and my hair was damp underneath da' wig:blush:.....still not sure if I can do it all summa':sad:
T, the heat is what made me rethink a half wig in the summer. I am scared that it is too hot for that.

another henna this week. with lemon juice this time and i better git some color, too. i'll be piiiiissed if i get dryness and NO color.

T, the heat is what made me rethink a half wig in the summer. I am scared that it is too hot for that.

This girl at work tried to 'convince' me that if I switched to the "Netted" Wig Cap underneath, it would feel better:look:

But I tell you, it still feels like you have a hat on!:rolleyes: And I keep fidgeting with it all during the day.:blush:

But....Definitely A Good Move during the Winter Months tho'.:ohwell:

*i guess i need to suck it up and quit being a baby about it*

another henna this week. with lemon juice this time and i better git some color, too. i'll be piiiiissed if i get dryness and NO color.

Never tried the Lemon Juice, but ACV definitely does do the trick. I always start out on damply co-washed hair.

Make sure you Rinse for an eternity and then Co-Wash the heck out of your hair afterwards with something uber moisturizing.

Then....DC with another Moisturizing DC'er and you should be good. :yep:

I have Never, Ever, Ever (in the year I've been Henna'ing, ended up with "Dry" Hair). Never:nono:

Never tried the Lemon Juice, but ACV definitely does do the trick. I always start out on damply co-washed hair.

Make sure you Rinse for an eternity and then Co-Wash the heck out of your hair afterwards with something uber moisturizing.

Then....DC with another Moisturizing DC'er and you should be good. :yep:

I have Never, Ever, Ever (in the year I've been Henna'ing, ended up with "Dry" Hair). Never:nono:

that's what i forgot to bring from home, my condish. i'll have to pick it up saturday.

I have the Anti-Snap (which I haven't used:ohwell:) and the Extreme Rescue Force -- which is also very good.:yep:

I'm all late, but I love the Deep Fuel, Anti Snap, and the Rescue Force!! :yep:

I have to add VF to my Hairveda list. SO somehow came across a jar of it and has been using it on his hair and skin so now he wants some more. :look:

its the same thing over here...but with the cocasta oil :blush:.

I'm all late, but I love the Deep Fuel, Anti Snap, and the Rescue Force!! :yep:

I have to add VF to my Hairveda list. SO somehow came across a jar of it and has been using it on his hair and skin so now he wants some more. :look:

I was disappointed in the njoi sale too! I did purchase a coconut cream hairdressing though. I thought she would have more new products and I thought she was bringing back discontinued products? Oh well..maybe next time.

My SO's sister likes the VF...she gotta get her own this time.

I thought about letting him try that but :nono:. Sorry! LOL! He loves the VF, though!!

Oh, and wash, that Njoi sale was so disappointing. :ohwell: I got the body butter and the Nourish oil.

lol. girl its at a bss by my house in queens. i have to go check the price again, i wonder if it would be even cheaper in bk (i live in a bit expensive neighborhood). hmmmm. i'll do research for you. if anything, ill pick it up for you charz, and then day of makeup show, we'll work it out. :sekret::lachen:

eta: op, ill have your funds boo! i mostly just want brushes.

etaa: lol. che, charz and rc, we ny ladies (wns, me, op) can show you all a good time. we all should do dinner before you ladies leave! also, we should just plan everything beforehand because you ladies mostly want to go to the same places (kbb, shopping, etc).

No worries. There's no rush. I don't really know what I want yet.

I'll just buy some make-up if the price is right and I love the color. I want some liquid foundation maybe, and a dual-fiber brush to apply it with. I'll see if there's an eye serum that looks good, but I'm going with an open mind.

Anyone have suggestions for how I print my business card :giggle: for free? :look: TIA!

optimus and day36, can that ticket be spilt 3 ways? like day36 is your guest, so I can be her guest? we all save monies that way! j/p. Im not going, but I will meet up with you ladies after the event.

i have gotten so many compliments on my twists today and i have no urge to take them out.
if i go out with my friend on saturday and sunday like she wants me to i wont be able to take them out and redo them anyway. i might have to wake up early on monday and pre poo, wash, condition and re twist.

Back