Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.1

:yep:LTown: Sweet Almond Buuter, Sweet Almond Oil, Riginus Communis Seed Extract, Beeswax,LLaurate,Copernica Cerifera Wax, Fragrance

Oh thank you, well no almond glaze for me! I was all into Jasmine site and the shampoo is not on sale:wallbash:. Is this omen I don't need to buy:look:

I hope to play with them this weekend.

I really want to be a heat stretched natural. My hair is getting too long to deal with all these SSK even when I keep my hair banded. I see that many long haired naturals wear their hair straight atleast some of the time.
Once natural I'm not sure how long I will want my hair to grow because the ssk's are killing me now. I hope to see less when I don't have two textures to deal with. When I originally came to this board I wanted long hair now I just want healthy, natural hair that doesn't even need to be that long at all. Maybe apl? I'm too lazy to straighten. I would be fine to never straighten my hair again.

Ouidad detangling comb--I've only used it once so far. It is not as heavy as it looks. I lost less hair than I normally do and it had no problem with my hair in the back which is coiled more tightly than the front & sides of my hair. It is a bit awkward to use but I will work on that. I think I need a 3 step detangling process--finger detangle, then detangle with Ouidad comb, and follow up with my jilbere comb or the detangling comb I was using prior to Ouidad. I will keep you updated.

Detangling question--Do you detangle all the way to the roots every time you detangle? I'm asking because I noticed that in some you tube videos some people stop before they get to the roots. That doesn't make any sense to me. My hair would probably be a matted up mess if I didn't detangle to the roots every time.

Once natural I'm not sure how long I will want my hair to grow because the ssk's are killing me now. I hope to see less when I don't have two textures to deal with. When I originally came to this board I wanted long hair now I just want healthy, natural hair that doesn't even need to be that long at all. Maybe apl? I'm too lazy to straighten. I would be fine to never straighten my hair again.

Ouidad detangling comb--I've only used it once so far. It is not as heavy as it looks. I lost less hair than I normally do and it had no problem with my hair in the back which is coiled more tightly than the front & sides of my hair. It is a bit awkward to use but I will work on that. I think I need a 3 step detangling process--finger detangle, then detangle with Ouidad comb, and follow up with my jilbere comb or the detangling comb I was using prior to Ouidad. I will keep you updated.

Detangling question--Do you detangle all the way to the roots every time you detangle? I'm asking because I noticed that in some you tube videos some people stop before they get to the roots. That doesn't make any sense to me. My hair would probably be a matted up mess if I didn't detangle to the roots every time.

Thanks for the Update on the Comb!:grin:

(IK I'm not 'Natural') but I normally detangle starting at the ends and working my way up to the roots.

There is a recent thread out there (IK You've seen it about detangling all the way to the Roots).

I have to keep my NG properly detangled especially after 8 weeks to avoid dredding and ssk's.:yep: So I detangle the whole head including the roots every time.

Alright, see you all up all night well since I do get up early I'm sleep by 9PM:lachen:
So if Mkd if you want the curlformer I'll hit you back in the morning yes while everyone is sleeping:lachen: The same goes for the Burnt Sugar! I'm sleepy tonight.

I may be doing my hurr on Friday.:grin:

I will be clarifying this week too.:yep:

May use up either my Avalon Lemon Clarifying Conditioner or Avalon Lemon Clarifying 'Poo!:yep:

Oh...Both of these will definitely be a repurchase AFTER I use up some of my other Clarifiers.

Last edited:
It's worth it IMO for the experience. I hope I see Makeup Geek and Encore!

Makeup Forever Regular Price
20 Eyeshadows $240
HD MicroFinish (2) $60.00
Kabuki Brush $39.00
UV Prime 50 $30.00
Flash Pallet $95.00
Total $464
Discount 60%
Total with Discount $278.40

Just from MUFE I will save like $200 bucks

Yeah, I thought that even if I didn't see any makeup I wanted, I'd go to meet everybody. But I didn't realize the discount was 60%... I'll be there.
Off to buy ticket and search the vendor sites. :roadrunner:

ETA: Got my ticket. I'll ask mother where she gets her business cards. I'll just ask for a sample of card styles and take one to the show.

Last edited:
I used the NTM DC today and...its not all of that like I thought it would be. One or two more uses and it wont be a repurchase.

I finished the MHC Honey DC today. It was just ok. I also finished a cocasta oil today. I dont like it in my hair, but I love it on my body. It wont be a repurchase though.

After my hair is done drying, im going to use castor oil on my edges.

i want to start experimenting with ayurvedic powders. but i honestly dont think i will. too much mixing for me.
Che, I really like that the powders make my hair thicker and stronger but I feel you, its a lot of work. I am kind of over it but I am going to keep going because the results are good.

I used shikaika powder mixed with a little bit of amla oil on my scalp today before I washed and my scalp feels nice and clean. Im going to try to be consistent with using the powders.

Che, I really like that the powders make my hair thicker and stronger but I feel you, its a lot of work. I am kind of over it but I am going to keep going because the results are good.

Last edited:
I used the NTM DC today and...its not all of that like I thought it would be. One or two more uses and it wont be a repurchase.

I finished the MHC Honey DC today. It was just ok. I also finished a cocasta oil today. I dont like it in my hair, but I love it on my body. It wont be a repurchase though.

After my hair is done drying, im going to use castor oil on my edges.

I was thinking about trying this DC since I like the Leave In. Can you tell me a little more about how it felt? Why it didn't work for you?

well...I used it with my steamer and my scalp didnt feel great like it usually does when DCing. Maybe its not so good with a steamer. Ill try my heat cap the next time I use it. When I washed it out, my hair didnt feel any different or moisturized.

ETA. I just thought about something. My hair wasnt even warm when I came from under the steamer. It was doing its bubbling thing, but hair wasnt feeling any heat from it. I hope its not broken. *cries*.

I was thinking about trying this DC since I like the Leave In. Can you tell me a little more about how it felt? Why it didn't work for you?

Last edited:
Alright, see you all up all night well since I do get up early I'm sleep by 9PM:lachen:
So if Mkd if you want the curlformer I'll hit you back in the morning yes while everyone is sleeping:lachen: The same goes for the Burnt Sugar! I'm sleepy tonight.
Thanks ltown, I am still thinking about the curlformers!!

I used shikaika powder mixed with a little bit of amla oil on my scalp today before I washed and my scapt feels nice and clean. Im going to try to be consistent with using the powders.
WNS, I like the amla oil but I think I am going to have to put it down. The mineral oil isn't working for me. If it didn't sound like so much work, I would like to infuse my own oils.

I dont think amla oil is working too well for me. Im going to use it on my scalp with the shikakai powder mix to get rid of it quicker.

WNS, I like the amla oil but I think I am going to have to put it down. The mineral oil isn't working for me. If it didn't sound like so much work, I would like to infuse my own oils.

well...I used it with my steamer and my scalp didnt feel great like it usually does when DCing. Maybe its not so good with a steamer. Ill try my heat cap the next time I use it. When I washed it out, my hair didnt feel any different or moisturized.

ETA. I just thought about something. My hair wasnt even warm when I came from under the steamer. It was doing its bubbling thing, but hair wasnt feeling any heat from it. I hope its not broken. *cries*.

Hopefully, there is nothing wrong with your steamer. Is build up in the machine a possibility? Thanks for that review!

In the last week, I used up a Skala Shea Butter con, NTR Weekly Purifier Cleanser, and Roux Porosity Control.

Yeah, I thought that even if I didn't see any makeup I wanted, I'd go to meet everybody. But I didn't realize the discount was 60%... I'll be there.
Off to buy ticket and search the vendor sites. :roadrunner:

ETA: Got my ticket. I'll ask mother where she gets her business cards. I'll just ask for a sample of card styles and take one to the show.

The discount is 40% I just did 60% to calculate the total for my excel sheet, or I could have done 1-.40.

Smash box is 30%. The discounts are 20-40%

OP, are we still a date for the makeup show? How much was the total so I can get my...er your monies ready!

Yep. I've got the ticket. It came to $45 after student discount.

The discount is 40% I just did 60% to calculate the total for my excel sheet, or I could have done 1-.40.

Smash box is 30%. The discounts are 20-40%

oh. :blush: whoops. Hopefully I can still make it up in discounts. L'Oreal has so many companies under their umbrella (redken included). I wonder which ones will be represented there.

Finished a bottle of Parachute coconut oil which I will never purchase again. Smells like old chicken grease. I used it up on my feet at night and covered with cotton socks, my feet have never been smoother. Even the skin tone evened up. :yep:

I am one use away from finishing my castor oil. This is a definite repurchase. I also love to use it on my feet at night, as well as my ends and roots.

I bought 2 32 oz of EVOO because they were B1G1F at Publix. I use it for cooking too so it's technically not a hair purchase. :look:

Back