Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2009 pt.2

i think i purchased that same mask a while back(like 1 1/2 years ago) and took it back because it was too much money.

i will be up until maybe 2am doing my hair tonight.

Unlike Che I will be willing to pay someone to twist my own hair even if it's just NeeNee from down the street. I do not have the patience. I can do braids and twists for braidouts and twistouts but to actually be worn in public :nono:.

no, i work nights so i get home late.
Aaah, I didn't know you were at work, I thought you had already started.

I hardly ever wear my hair straight anymore but I do roller set and set on flexi rods. But now, I am even over that. I just feel like washing and bunning or ponytailing is so much easier.

Yeah, I had to put the wash and gos down. My hair doesn't like being wet every day and I was getting single strand knots. I think I am going to start drying my hair loose under the dryer and then pulling it back.

i think my hair thrives on wash and gos as long as i braid my hair at night and keep up the protein. because too much moisture is easy to acheive on my hair so if i co wash daily i need to do protein 2x a week. i didnt like that so i started wetting my hair without conditioner. i only got knots when my hair got a little longer and i didnt braid my hair at night.

@Lacolocha:oh no...you missed my peaceloveandsunshine giveaway for a chance to win one of her products. I am having one on nunulovehandmades soon :)

well, I love her line. At first, I wasn't going to purchase because I make my own mix..but then I read this on her etsy shop
"***let’s face it, yes you could do the work and go get the Shea butter, (or order it from Peace Love and Sunshine Products) go get the other ingredients, get the measuring cups, pull out the heavy duty food processor, whip the ingredients together ’til you get the perfect whipped buttery velvety texture, then clean the mess, put the concoction in a container…but why not let me do all the work for you. All you have to do is enjoy the benefits of this all natural product! "

That sold me the product! I am also a reader of her blogs and I really admire her work/ dream and I love supporting that :)
I placed 2 orders so far..both times items were on sale.
The first one was a special sale she announced on twitter
then the black friday..that black friday was amazing because 16oz of coconut confidence was 12.75 and the 4 ounces were less than $5 so I really hauled..LOL
I love the coconut confidence..I got three 16 oz and I might give one to lil sis..maybe...I have a feeling that they stopped buying products because they know that big sis will hook them up with stuff

I have to say i am not a big fan of the packaging...but i respect her vision and it was nicely put together when I got it. I know you also mix your products but yes, do give it a chance :)

other than that, I've been using up so many products....
I still need more storing space because right now, I have 2 full medium rolling carts...
I stopped counting how many soaps I have and they make great gifts!
i was invited to a last minute bday party so I put together a nice package with 3 soaps from 3 different companies...(I often get back-ups for my favorite soaps) and she looved them...
plus over the winter break, I am going to soap more..lol..I still have 6 soaps from my last soapmaking batch

I *heart*soaps

@Lacolocha:oh no...you missed my peaceloveandsunshine giveaway for a chance to win one of her products. I am having one on nunulovehandmades soon :)

well, I love her line. At first, I wasn't going to purchase because I make my own mix..but then I read this on her etsy shop
"***let’s face it, yes you could do the work and go get the Shea butter, (or order it from Peace Love and Sunshine Products) go get the other ingredients, get the measuring cups, pull out the heavy duty food processor, whip the ingredients together ’til you get the perfect whipped buttery velvety texture, then clean the mess, put the concoction in a container…but why not let me do all the work for you. All you have to do is enjoy the benefits of this all natural product! "

That sold me the product! I am also a reader of her blogs and I really admire her work/ dream and I love supporting that :)
I placed 2 orders so far..both times items were on sale.
The first one was a special sale she announced on twitter
then the black friday..that black friday was amazing because 16oz of coconut confidence was 12.75 and the 4 ounces were less than $5 so I really hauled..LOL
I love the coconut confidence..I got three 16 oz and I might give one to lil sis..maybe...I have a feeling that they stopped buying products because they know that big sis will hook them up with stuff

I have to say i am not a big fan of the packaging...but i respect her vision and it was nicely put together when I got it. I know you also mix your products but yes, do give it a chance :)

other than that, I've been using up so many products....
I still need more storing space because right now, I have 2 full medium rolling carts...
I stopped counting how many soaps I have and they make great gifts!
i was invited to a last minute bday party so I put together a nice package with 3 soaps from 3 different companies...(I often get back-ups for my favorite soaps) and she looved them...
plus over the winter break, I am going to soap more..lol..I still have 6 soaps from my last soapmaking batch

I *heart*soaps

Thanks red, i can't use coconut oil but next year ill definatly give her sunshine a try, her videos got me interested in her.:yep: I love soap too but i don't know if i have the patience to make my own. I may try some day.

Ive used up my second bottle of taliah waajid mist, and it is a repurchase, im half way done with my hair and i finished it so im going to crack open my 3rd bottle and make up another mix. Im happy because i never thought id see the day where i actually use something up. And im using up my products. My hair is growing but its not growing down its growing out. I haven't had all my hair out since it was warm outside. I had to take down my braids because im putting in 4 plaits and i have major shrinkage its getting really thick and i have to stretch it out to see how long it is. I guess its just a part of being natural.

@Lacolocha: aaw...are you allergic to coconut oil?
I most use coconut confidence as a body butter. I haven't used it as a hair butter yet

That sold me the product!

I have to say i am not a big fan of the packaging...but i respect her vision and it was nicely put together when I got it.

ITA with all of this. I still have some shea butter I'm supposed to be mixing :rolleyes:. I should know myself better than that.

Hey Ya'll, I'm up doing my Hair (Under the Heat Cap Now):yep:.

I did manage to use up 2 things (so far). The Bain D' Terre Reconstructor and the remainer of the Redken Butter Treat/All Soft Combo I mixed last week. (Scraping out Both Tubes to the Nth Degree).:ohwell:

The Bain D' Terre Reconstructor WILL NOT be a Repurchase. I have plenty of other Reconstructors:look:.

This may be a good product, but something about the 'smell' bothered me. I think it was too perfumey. And 'Smells' Don't normally bother me.:perplexed

I also thought I'd finish out the AE Garlic. But I didn't. I will use this one weekly until it's gone. It's down to the last. So, within the next 3 weeks, it should be gone.

Looking forward to getting stuff up & out.

I think 2010 is going to be exciting. I think I will do it "Shay's Way" I will 'try' to stick with 1 product until it's gone. That way by June, I will have a good idea how and with 'what' I want to proceed with.:grin:

*will attempt to transfer AO GPB into Jars for easier access*

I think 2010 is going to be exciting. I think I will do it "Shay's Way" I will 'try' to stick with 1 product until it's gone. That way by June, I will have a good idea how and with 'what' I want to proceed with.:grin:

It works when you want to use up. Once I am down to my staples in a category then I can rotate. Right now for creamy moisturizers that I apply on wet hair I am down to Hairveda's Whipped Baggy Cream and Darcy's Transitioning Cream. They are staples so I will alternate. I do plan to add Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion to that rotation but that will wait until restocking.

I finished another jar of YTC Mud Mask this morning. I have about 2.5 jars to go before it is outta here.

This sample of shea amla is bout to be outta here too. It's got one more time to put flakes and crumbs in my hair :nono:.

It works when you want to use up. Once I am down to my staples in a category then I can rotate. Right now for creamy moisturizers that I apply on wet hair I am down to Hairveda's Whipped Baggy Cream and Darcy's Transitioning Cream. They are staples so I will alternate. I do plan to add Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion to that rotation but that will wait until restocking.

I finished another jar of YTC Mud Mask this morning. I have about 2.5 jars to go before it is outta here.

This sample of shea amla is bout to be outta here too. It's got one more time to put flakes and crumbs in my hair :nono:.

This is a Brilliant Idea! Thanks Girl for the Tip. It's Most Appreciated:hug3: @ 1st Bolded

Cause I would STILL Be Mindlessly Skipping around:rolleyes: and not using up anything.:nono:

I got 2 things down today following your Method.:yep:

Wha?????:ohwell: @2nd bolded.:nono: Is it the Afroveda One?:perplexed

Hey everybody! I just got my new order of the Darcy's Avocado & Plum Twisting Cream. She scented it with watermelon fragrance just like I asked and it smells so good.

Good job shay, im going to try again and use up 1 moisturizer at a time. When i took my hair out last night i found that i had to apply more product because my hair was thicker, so im going to use 1 moisturizer at at time until its gone. I think that way you can really see how it gets down.:yep:

:yep: but you know how heavy handed I am.

Me Too!:look: So, Thanks for the Heads Up!:grin: (no pun intended) I'll make sure I watch for this.

Good job shay, im going to try again and use up 1 moisturizer at a time. When i took my hair out last night i found that i had to apply more product because my hair was thicker, so im going to use 1 moisturizer at at time until its gone. I think that way you can really see how it gets down.:yep:

This was such an Excellent Tip!:yep:

Too Bad I wasn't listening like I shoulda' when she first said it, I would probably have 3/4ths of the Stuff Gone by now.:wallbash:

Thanks Again Shay. I Got it Now!:rolleyes:

And It's ON!

Me Too!:look: So, Thanks for the Heads Up!:grin: (no pun intended) I'll make sure I watch for this.

This was such an Excellent Tip!:yep:

Too Bad I wasn't listening like I shoulda' when she first said it, I would probably have 3/4ths of the Stuff Gone by now.:wallbash:

Thanks Again Shay. I Got it Now!:rolleyes:

And It's ON!

I was listening but i couldn't do it, i like to use different things but now ill try a product and then put it away and keep using up the one i pick. I used quite a bit of twisting cream on my hair last night and the light bulb went on. I really think i was being unconciously stingy while using my products. I have no problem using a big dollop of shampoo and conditioner because i have alot, but i don't have alot of moisturizers.

Yeah, I was being all A-D-D when she was first talking about it:spinning:.

But I am So On Board with it Now! YAY!:weird:

Another Big Ups to the JBCO!:clap:

I dried with it again, same nice, soft hair.:lick: I spritzed a little of my SSI Moisture Mist on it as well.

Yeah, I was being all A-D-D when she was first talking about it:spinning:.

But I am So On Board with it Now! YAY!:weird:

Another Big Ups to the JBCO!:clap:

I dried with it again, same nice, soft hair.:lick: I spritzed a little of my SSI Moisture Mist on it as well.

I love jbco, im almost done with my first bottle. How do you like the moisture mist?

I love jbco, im almost done with my first bottle. How do you like the moisture mist?

Re: Moisture Mist: It was my first time using. So Far, so Good. I just spritzed it on, sealed with the JBCO and sat under the dryer.:yep:

Girl, I love it too.:grin: @bolded.

I think for the next coupla' of weeks leading up to my Relaxer, I will stick with this exclusively for my daily treatment. Kinda get my 'scalp' in order to prepare for the Relaxer.

I used the darcy's twisting cream last night again and my hair still feels moisturized today. I don't know if i will buy it or not again but ill use it up and see.

T you r too funny. I'm on a mission. You know as a fellow pj it kills me to continuously use the same product :wallbash: but it helps me get to a goal. I only want to use the products that l love so these others are just in my way.

Yes i am, that's why i decided on the sunshine when i get ready to order.
She keep adding scents too :nono:. Imma be so behind when it's time to finally order.

Back