unmanipulated hair in its ABSOLUTE natural condition

Clean and combed? My hair is clean and combed after I shampoo and condition it. I assume you mean product free, and that will NEVER happen. My hair is too porous and gets too dry to do so.

There's a reason that the heavier, more moisturizing products are geared towards 'our' hair because it is prone to dryness and breakage if we don't moisturize.

Exactly. My hair can get bone dry in less than an hour after washing. I immediate have to put something, even if its just a little oil to seal, on my wet hair, or it will be a tumbleweed.

I will never leave the shower/bathroom without putting something on my skin, why should I do it to my hair?

Exactly. My hair can get bone dry in less than an hour after washing. I immediate have to put something, even if its just a little oil to seal, on my wet hair, or it will be a tumbleweed.

I will never leave the shower/bathroom without putting something on my skin, why should I do it to my hair?

Hello?!

There's a reason I have a million tubs of shea butter lying around, not to mention hair oil blends, and hair creams and such. They say black don't crack...if it's dry that's a lie.

So basically I think OP would like to say why do naturals wear braidouts or twist outs ? Why not go out 'un manipulated' which to her means a wash and go with a comb ran through it at least once. Just your hair in its natural state. There i said it!! :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

pookaloo83 - She's not talking about a wash and go either! :lol: See her response to manter26 below...

You mean, like a wash and go with no products? I've done that. :look:

no manter26, just your natural hair without washing it/putting product into it/flat ironing it/twist outs/etc

Never seen it, I know why. But I just wish I could, without getting stares from everyone and everybody

I'm lost... I used to work with the Hardcore homeless, and the best night for them was that first night when they'd get to shower & shave....even They don't like it. So why would anyone want to see unwashed hair, that's had a comb run through it a few times & left to its own devices? It can't be a Natural thing, because even during Slavery times we'd keep ourselves clean and tidy...and our earliest civilizations taught everyone else the benefit of regular bathing!

Someone, help me out here...?

I'm lost... I used to work with the Hardcore homeless, and the best night for them was that first night when they'd get to shower & shave....even They don't like it. So why would anyone want to see unwashed hair, that's had a comb run through it a few times & left to its own devices? It can't be a Natural thing, because even during Slavery times we'd keep ourselves clean and tidy...and our earliest civilizations taught everyone else the benefit of regular bathing!

Someone, help me out here...?

You have so many vaild points that I agree with. Indigenous tribes have their ways of grooming and styling hair and I wouldn't dare call that hair not in its natural condition just because its been touched and shaped. So why call my braid out on my chemical free hair not in its natural condition. Never thought having natural hair wouldn't be natural enough :nono:

With these brolic SSKs? Nawl. I'm good. I guess that's one "natural than thou" test I'll never pass. My hair must be stretched in some way and moisturized at all times.

I guess this is people's way of feeling they are the "most natural of all", because they do not manipulate their hair. :rolleyes:

If you don't want to comb your hair or manipulate it, don't do it. Everyone does something that works for them:yep:

I just realized something....

if someone DID in fact just do the roll out of bed and don't touch their hair, they definitely wouldn't be on LHCF.

I've seen people that look like this...but he also seemed to also abhor soap and water on his man parts. He was funkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

You have so many vaild points that I agree with. Indigenous tribes have their ways of grooming and styling hair and I wouldn't dare call that hair not in its natural condition just because its been touched and shaped. So why call my braid out on my chemical free hair not in its natural condition. Never thought having natural hair wouldn't be natural enough :nono:

Not in the contest for superiority...in that contest you must strive to become a "super natural!" :lachen: Only the toughest naturals can handle this call. See she's keeping it really real by asking everyone to ponder this question. You're only pretending (and so am I as a natural) to keep it real because the implication is that something must be wrong that we won't just roll out of bed and go to work.

No one does that (not indigenous tribes, or any other cultures that I know of type 1,2,3,4 hair)...but somehow if you're a real natural you need to go the extra step into territory that no one has ever been able to match in the history of the world!

The way I see it once her hair gets a certain length a revision will be made. I could easily say that at 1-3 inches, but at my current state which is whip/hip (haven't measured lately)...there's no way in heyalll....and even braiding is manipulation (so I'm guilty! of manipulation even though I'm low manipulation lol). Oh well...I guess I'm just not going to be upgraded to a "super natural" ever ....and will have to settle for being stuck in the "regular" natural category. Alas!

Not in the contest for superiority...in that contest you must strive to become a "super natural!" :lachen: Only the toughest naturals can handle this call. See she's keeping it really real by asking everyone to ponder this question. You're only pretending (and so am I as a natural) to keep it real because the implication is that something must be wrong that we won't just roll out of bed and go to work.

No one does that (not indigenous tribes, or any other cultures that I know of type 1,2,3,4 hair)...but somehow if you're a real natural you need to go the extra step into territory that no one has ever been able to match in the history of the world!

The way I see it once her hair gets a certain length a revision will be made. I could easily say that at 1-3 inches, but at my current state which is whip/hip (haven't measured lately)...there's no way in heyalll....and even braiding is manipulation (so I'm guilty! of manipulation even though I'm low manipulation lol). Oh well...I guess I'm just not going to be upgraded to a "super natural" ever ....and will have to settle for being stuck in the "regular" natural category. Alas!

You won't be alone! Super natural ain't for me either...it don't jive with my conditioner addiction. :grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: you got me laughing so loud at the bolded especially the underlined!

empressri said:
I just realized something....

if someone DID in fact just do the roll out of bed and don't touch their hair, they definitely wouldn't be on LHCF.

I've seen people that look like this...but he also seemed to also abhor soap and water on his man parts. He was funkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

:rofl:

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

I did it when my hair was thinner and loved it. I call it the unstretched fro. Furthermore I got a lot of play from men off this hairstyle. Even on you tube, I get a lot of male subbies from the video because men like tutorials on how to take care of an unstretched fro. Wash and gos are considered girly.

Oh, I live by the beach, and everybodies hair looks a little cray cray around here. We just call it beach hair and KIM. :look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw8tORx760M

^ Your hair is soooooo pretty!! :yep:

I would do the naked hair thing here and there whenever I felt like it, which was probably a little too often :lol:. I would do it to check the real health of my hair, and I got that idea from Zhara on fotki. Also about half of my friends (Hispanic and white) washed their hair, combed it and let it airdry. But that's easier to maintain as a regimen when your hair is type 1 or 2, and you have no shrinkage :lol:.

I wish my hair texture/curl pattern was more uniform like yours MissC320, because my hair doesn't tangle, and I would have worn if naked more often.

I wore my hair out with no product or manipulation only one time in recent memory. It was last summer I went swimming in a stream and waterfall. For the rest of the day I let it air dry in the sun. My curls were the same. It was simply more frizzy and had more body.

I don't usually wear my hair with no product because it shrinks up so much that it would be a detangling nightmare. This is a photo of my hair after 5 days of a wash & go using Curl Prep Sweet Buttah and basically what it looks like once it shrinks up with no product.

I threw in a photo from the week prior after a trim.

Attachments

• Curl Prep Sweeth Buttah - day 5 hair - back.jpg
    Curl Prep Sweeth Buttah - day 5 hair - back.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_9811 - 2.jpg
    IMG_9811 - 2.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 92
I do not think anyone wears there hair in its most natural state I mean every texture of hair...you have to groom yourself other wise you'll like you just rolled out bed...didnt take a shower or nothin Jesus lol

smvi21.jpg

Here is mine. I reaallyy really don't like the shape my hair grows in, like a mushroom. No product or anything. I get lots of tangles and shrinkage so its why I always keep it stretch or in mini twists, which it has been in for the last six months. I don't comb my hair either, just use my fingers. x]

This is an older photo btw. About 5 or 6 months? I rarely just leave my hair natural.

Last edited:
^ Your hair is soooooo pretty!! :yep: I would do the naked hair thing here and there whenever I felt like it, which was probably a little too often :lol:. I would do it to check the real health of my hair, and I got that idea from Zhara on fotki. Also about half of my friends (Hispanic and white) washed their hair, combed it and let it airdry. But that's easier to maintain as a regimen when your hair is type 1 or 2, and you have no shrinkage :lol:. I wish my hair texture/curl pattern was more uniform like yours MissC320, because my hair doesn't tangle, and I would have worn if naked more often.

Thank you!

I don't usually wear my hair with no product because it shrinks up so much that it would be a detangling nightmare. This is a photo of my hair after 5 days of a wash & go using Curl Prep Sweet Buttah and basically what it looks like once it shrinks up with no product. I threw in a photo from the week prior after a trim.

I've watched your wash and go video several times. It's actually my favorite wash and go video.

Here is mine. I reaallyy really don't like the shape my hair grows in, like a mushroom. No product or anything. I get lots of tangles and shrinkage so its why I always keep it stretch or in mini twists, which it has been in for the last six months. I don't comb my hair either, just use my fingers. x] This is an older photo btw. About 5 or 6 months? I rarely just leave my hair natural.

Beautiful!!!!

Back