Uninvited

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Here's the situation:

Bride & groom both have large families. Both families consist of relatives who have children. They indicate that both the wedding and reception is for adults only, and children are not allowed in the ceremony or reception. What they did instead was indicate that a supervised children's room/nursery would be available at the church, and a separate room at the reception as well, where the kids would be served pizza, chicken fingers, etc.

Bride received angry responses from a few of the relatives who insist their child(ren) should be a part of the wedding. Bride then sends out "notices" that rescinded the original wedding invite. :lachen:

Now bride's mom is giving her the guilt trip, saying X relative's feelings are hurt. Bride isn't budging but about to lose it. I think she should stand her ground. What do you think?

Exactly. It's that age old question, what is with people, their kids and weddings? They were being very generous and it still wasn't enough. I think what she did is hilarious but she's really going through it.

I'm glad the bride had the guts to rescind the invitation. It's not like she was picking on one person. The rules were applicable to everyone.

If they don't like the rules they should stay home. Folks don't realize its like 65bucks a plate to feed them bambinos that will waste the food anyways. I'm glad the bride is standing her ground.

Arent they happy that their kids will be safe, watched, and have fun in a separate room, instead of having to be fussy at a table with adults and probably not enjoy the food or conversation?

I think the bride is well within her rights but you really need to be careful with weddings. It's all well and good to only do what you want but remember that the people you offend are your future in-laws....Compromise is key.

One day she is going to vent about her in-laws treating her badly and she will wonder why...

It's the brides day. Whatever she wants she gets. I would be livid if some hollering jack baby whose mama couldn't keep quiet could be heard over my vows. Nope not happening.

*Makes note not to invite folks with uncontrollable bebbies*

Oh snap...that might include my sister's kids....hmmm.

I don't think kids not IN the wedding need to be at weddings. Can anything be just for adults anymore?

Whatever wedding I am invited too I am looking for a baby sitter. I attend weddings for the adult company, not to be around a bunch of loud kids anyways....

If I know the couple and they are really family oriented and have gone out of their way to accomodate kids, I MAY bring my kids....MAYBE.

Back