++TWO YEARS SINCE MY LAST RELAXER; SIX MONTHS SINCE THE BIG CHOP (PIC-O-RAMA)++

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Welp … today marks the 2-year anniversary of the day I gave the relaxer the boot. I decided to get my hair straightened to check my length, and I wanted to share that with my LHCF family. Here are my official stats (and pics):

• Last relaxer: March 1, 2007 (24 months of growth as of today)
  • Date of Big Chop: September 1, 2008
  • Length of Transition Before the Chop: 18 months
  • Length of Natural Hair Today: 12 inches in the back and on the sides; 10 inches in front (had to trim my bangs in October)
  • Growth Rate: ½” a month exactly

Throwback Transitioning Pics:

Transitioning-vi.jpg

Big Chop Pics vs. Current Pics:

WetComparison-vi.jpg

DryComparison-vi.jpg

StraightComparison-vi.jpg

That white line on my shirt goes right under my armpit. Sooooooo, I've made it back to APL! Hey, APL … how you doin’? Nice to see you again (LOL). I have more pics of my straightened hair in my Fotki.

Even though I'm sick of these layers in my hair and can't wait to grow them out, I'm pleased with my progress overall. A HUGE thanks to everyone on this site for all of the different tips, tricks and tutorials. I’ve been a member here for almost 5 years, and I’m STILL learning new things.

Your hair is absolutely beautiful and it looks so healthy! I hope mines looks half as good by the time I am finished with my transition. Congrats!

Wow. Your hair is just as beautiful as ever.

OT: Wow Allandra your hair has surly grown quite a bit! I have been following your siggy for over a year now! Keep up the good work!

OP: Wow I love your texture in your hair and it looks so healthy! Keep up the good work! :grin:

You've done an awesome job with your hair it looks great BUT girl you know we also need your flatironing regimen. What did you do to get it that sleek? :)

You've done an awesome job with your hair it looks great BUT girl you know we also need your flatironing regimen. What did you do to get it that sleek? :)

Actually, I went to the salon to get it done (Too Groovy here in Atlanta). I can't get my hair as straight as the stylists do, but I think the next time I'm going to try to do it myself. I'll never get better if I don't practice.

Back