++TWO YEARS SINCE MY LAST RELAXER; SIX MONTHS SINCE THE BIG CHOP (PIC-O-RAMA)++

Thank you sooo much for the compliments, ladies!

LOOKS GORGEOUS!!!!! :worship2:

How did you manage the NG? How did you avoid breakage?

Actually, Serenity ... towards the end of my transition, I did suffer some breakage. I was doing fine up until about the 15th month. Then all of a sudden, it was just too difficult to protect that line of demarcation ... especially because my hair is very fine.

WOW. I really admire your persistence with your transition.
Your natural texture is beautiful and your hair looks super healthy.
Congratulations!

Welp … today marks the 2-year anniversary of the day I gave the relaxer the boot. I decided to get my hair straightened to check my length, and I wanted to share that with my LHCF family. Here are my official stats (and pics):

• Last relaxer: March 1, 2007 (24 months of growth as of today)
  • Date of Big Chop: September 1, 2008
  • Length of Transition Before the Chop: 18 months
  • Length of Natural Hair Today: 12 inches in the back and on the sides; 10 inches in front (had to trim my bangs in October)
  • Growth Rate: ½” a month exactly
Throwback Transitioning Pics:

Transitioning-vi.jpg

Big Chop Pics vs. Current Pics:

WetComparison-vi.jpg

DryComparison-vi.jpg

StraightComparison-vi.jpg

That white line on my shirt goes right under my armpit. Sooooooo, I've made it back to APL! Hey, APL … how you doin’? Nice to see you again (LOL). I have more pics of my straightened hair in my Fotki.

Even though I'm sick of these layers in my hair and can't wait to grow them out, I'm pleased with my progress overall. A HUGE thanks to everyone on this site for all of the different tips, tricks and tutorials. I’ve been a member here for almost 5 years, and I’m STILL learning new things.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful....absolutely beautiful....ummm, did I say beautiful?

Back