Twisting FOR Growth Challenge Part 2

Hey rsmith, I know you didn't ask me about the clay, but I purchased some Aztec Healing Clay (betonite) from Vitamin Shoppe. You could probably get it also from any healthfood store and/or Whole Foods (or the like).

I used it once, I can't say it did much for me either like Oooop2. I'll try it again next month maybe after my second week of twisting.

I believe it pulls toxins out of your hair and skin. It made my face itch and I did feel the pulsating like indicated on the label. It dried my face out like nobody's business.

HTH

I paid $7.99 for 1lb of the stuff.

thanks girl. I may try it for my face and see what happens. Maybe it will work for this hormonal acne

Where do you get the Clay. Oooop2 what benefits have you achieved with the clay?

Thanks

Hey..I didn't notice any real change with my hair. But when used on my face it left my face feeling really soft. Also, some pimples/blackheads surfaced the following day and I did a really good facial scrub.

I "finished" yesterday. There's still a small patch of hair in the middle but I'm being lazy because I ran out of hair.
I was trying to copy my last set and didn't quite get it right. They are too bulky but now I know.
I hate doing my own hair I get so angry. I can't wait until I have enough money to pay someone to do it.

Attachments

• DSC00444.JPG
    DSC00444.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00443.JPG
    DSC00443.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00431.JPG
    DSC00431.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 39
I "finished" yesterday. There's still a small patch of hair in the middle but I'm being lazy because I ran out of hair.
I was trying to copy my last set and didn't quite get it right. They are too bulky but now I know.
I hate doing my own hair I get so angry. I can't wait until I have enough money to pay someone to do it.

They look nice to me. Good job on doing your own twist extensions.

Thanks guys, I hope I get better at it.
I think it took me about 8 or 9 hours from start to finish not counting all of my breaks.

Wow kayDee

You are dedicated. I plan to retwist my hair this weekend. I will be doing the mini twist. That will be 3hrs. I may start early in the morning and get it over with.

Well I undid my twists from last Thursday. Today is Friday. I want to wear a nice twist-out for a concert on Sunday, so I need a couple of days for it to fall just right. Right now, they are freshly untwisted, so they are very defined. In a day or two they will be banging, like my album 2008 twistout (for those that know)

Sunday night after the concert, I will wash my hair and deep condition. Realistically, I think I'll get home too late to twist my hair for 3 hours.

Ladies, have a good weekend.

OT: Why are only a few of us ladies updating in this thread. I don't want to appear narcissistic:lachen::blush:

I'm still hanging in there...I wasn't able to DC this week because I had the flu so I will be doing everything this weekend, wash, DC and retwist then apply my growth aides. :yep:

Wow kayDee

You are dedicated. I plan to retwist my hair this weekend. I will be doing the mini twist. That will be 3hrs. I may start early in the morning and get it over with.

It only takes you 3hrs to do mini-twist. It seemed to take me FOREVER the 1 time I did mini-twist.

Well I undid my twists from last Thursday. Today is Friday. I want to wear a nice twist-out for a concert on Sunday, so I need a couple of days for it to fall just right. Right now, they are freshly untwisted, so they are very defined. In a day or two they will be banging, like my album 2008 twistout (for those that know)

Sunday night after the concert, I will wash my hair and deep condition. Realistically, I think I'll get home too late to twist my hair for 3 hours.

Ladies, have a good weekend.

OT: Why are only a few of us ladies updating in this thread. I don't want to appear narcissistic:lachen::blush:

I like 2-3 day old twistouts also. Seems more defined.

LOL regarding only a few of us responding to this thread. Look at it this way, the 3-4 of us will be REALLY close come August :grin:

Happy Friday everyone!

My starting twists lasted 12 days which is pretty decent for me:grin: Tonight I am DCing, and tomorrow I will be clarifying/washing and retwisting. Hopefully I can keep up with this routine. Here's the progression of my first set of twists for this challenge:

Twists #1 - Day 1 - I did these with conditioner and gel
P2060078.jpg

Twists #1 - Day 7
Twists1-oneweekin.jpg

Twists #1 - Day 10 - Freshly cowashed and pinned up
Twists1-freshlycowashed-Day10-back.jpg

Twists #1 - Day 12 - Twist out on dry hair
Twists1-Day12-Twistout.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone!

Happy Friday everyone!

My starting twists lasted 12 days which is pretty decent for me:grin: Tonight I am DCing, and tomorrow I will be clarifying/washing and retwisting. Hopefully I can keep up with this routine. Here's the progression of my first set of twists for this challenge:

Twists #1 - Day 1 - I did these with conditioner and gel
P2060078.jpg

Twists #1 - Day 7
Twists1-oneweekin.jpg

Twists #1 - Day 10 - Freshly cowashed and pinned up
Twists1-freshlycowashed-Day10-back.jpg

Twists #1 - Day 12 - Twist out on dry hair
Twists1-Day12-Twistout.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone!

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm lovin' your hair :grin::grin:

productjunkie they look great
I would be happy if my twists were the length of yours by the end of the challenge
I hope it's realistic
Both you and oooppp have great looking twists, I cant wait to get past this stage!

Hi ladies,

Well, my week old twists HAD to come out yesterday - I'm immediately transitioning to new twists as I wash and DC while in twists. This way I'm not having to deal with major tangling - it's easier. I don't use combs much anymore, so finger combing, detangling and removing of shed hairs makes it a patient labour of love lol. Half done, half to go, so I'll get to it in a moment! And I'm finally taking pics to post on my starting length. Will update with those sometime in the next few days (need to work out how to post thumbnails - help?)

i am still rockin the twists. i think i just might do this for the rest of the year. i am going to wash and retwist my hair tonight or tomorrow. i am trying to reach 5 inches by the end of April. and 6 by the end of June. six inches from the nape will put me at shoulder length.

I just took my twist out from under my wig and rocked a twistout for a couple days now I am about to wash and DC and retwist to go back under my wig. Next week I am doing twist to actually wear out of the house.

I've been keeping my hair in flat twists for the most part but I've been sick so I haven't really moisturized it like I should :ohwell:. I'll post pics when I finally upload them on my computer...

I've been keeping my hair in flat twists for the most part but I've been sick so I haven't really moisturized it like I should :ohwell:. I'll post pics when I finally upload them on my computer...

Hope you are feeling better. For a quick moisturizer for my hair, I just spritz my twist w/ a herb spray and shake.

productjunkie they look great
I would be happy if my twists were the length of yours by the end of the challenge
I hope it's realistic
Both you and oooppp have great looking twists, I cant wait to get past this stage!

Thanks for the compliment. I was really shocked at how much my hair had grown after the first time I did this challenge. Just take notes from folks. Don't be scared to try new things/concoctions, and remember to ENJOY your hair. :grin:

Hi ladies,

Well, my week old twists HAD to come out yesterday - I'm immediately transitioning to new twists as I wash and DC while in twists. This way I'm not having to deal with major tangling - it's easier. I don't use combs much anymore, so finger combing, detangling and removing of shed hairs makes it a patient labour of love lol. Half done, half to go, so I'll get to it in a moment! And I'm finally taking pics to post on my starting length. Will update with those sometime in the next few days (need to work out how to post thumbnails - help?)

I wish I didn't have to use a comb. I also can't comb my hair on damp/wet hair (even when saturated w/tons of condish). I find that I lose way too much. My hair tangles very easily, so hand combing actually makes my tangles worst. But it's good to know it works for you.

i am still rockin the twists. i think i just might do this for the rest of the year. i am going to wash and retwist my hair tonight or tomorrow. i am trying to reach 5 inches by the end of April. and 6 by the end of June. six inches from the nape will put me at shoulder length.

You can do it!!!!!

I just took my twist out from under my wig and rocked a twistout for a couple days now I am about to wash and DC and retwist to go back under my wig. Next week I am doing twist to actually wear out of the house.

Glad to hear about your progress. Looking forward to seeing how you style your twist in order to wear them outside the house :)

Update on me:

Been in pursuit of the RIGHT moisturizer for my hair and reading about techniques to loosen up my strands.

Henna'd my hair again on Friday night (did a mix w/ OJ, honey, neem oil and EVOO). Had it sit on my hair overnight. OMG, Neem oil STINKS!! My poor husband...LOL

In the morning, I rinsed, did a DC. And styled my hair in chunky twist. I also applied rollers on the ends for a different look. Later that day, I removed the rollers and wore my twists w/ curled ends. Turned out cute. Will post pics later.

I've also found that my hair likes being washed daily, so I am currently sticking w/ the large style twist so that twisting/untwisting/redoing isn't a tasking job.

Glad to see that you ladies are sticking w/me during this challenge!!!
smiley2.gif

Is it too late to join this challenge? I really need to do this. My hair has been looking a hot mess lately. I've been wearing it loose alot and it's just not working. My hair has broken off quite a bit so I will need to take an update pic.

Hi guys I just got through twisting my hair. I tried something new this time. I flat twist the side. It took me two tries before I got the flat twist right. I like it. I am going to try to keep my hair like this for at least 3 weeks.

Attachments

• Image-12.jpg
    Image-12.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Image-14.jpg
    Image-14.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 20
Is it too late to join this challenge? I really need to do this. My hair has been looking a hot mess lately. I've been wearing it loose alot and it's just not working. My hair has broken off quite a bit so I will need to take an update pic.

Hey!!! Absolutely you can join. I'll add you to the list.

Hi guys I just got through twisting my hair. I tried something new this time. I flat twist the side. It took me two tries before I got the flat twist right. I like it. I am going to try to keep my hair like this for at least 3 weeks.

Cute!!!! How long did it take you to do this set of twist? BTW, what is your hair type? It resembles my youngest daughter's hair. She has very thick hair, but her strands are very thin. Talk about a TANGLE nightmare. Her twist look fresh for about 2 days, then they are a frizz mess. So any advice on how to main a look at for a least 1 week would be GREATLY appreciated :grin:

Here are my most recent pics: Feb twists

OT - sorry! I shall go browse on how to post photos in thumbnails - do I have to do it via photobucket? That site's been a nightmare for me recently :wallbash:

Hey!!! Absolutely you can join. I'll add you to the list.

Cute!!!! How long did it take you to do this set of twist? BTW, what is your hair type? It resembles my youngest daughter's hair. She has very thick hair, but her strands are very thin. Talk about a TANGLE nightmare. Her twist look fresh for about 2 days, then they are a frizz mess. So any advice on how to main a look at for a least 1 week would be GREATLY appreciated :grin:

My hair is fine so when I do my twist they usually look thin. I do the mini twist. This time it took me 3 and a half hours to do them. They last a long time. I can usually allow them to stay in 2weeks. I think I will go longer this time. I really dont have a lot of frizz. I mix aloe vera gel with castor oil and apply to damp hair. I make sure to concentrate on putting my mix on the ends of the twist and twist to the ends and curl the hair around my finger. I think doing them small keep the hair frizz free for me. I dont like to wear my hair down with to much product the aloe and castor oil works wonders and I dont have to use a lot. If you are doing the flat twist I recommend going to sleep with a scarf on. Make sure you keep fingers close to the scalp while twisting. The smaller the better

I remembered I have a pikistrips account - BINGO! To hell with photobucket. That site freezes my computer, making me start all over again - so very infuriating!

Anyway, here are my starting pics. I'm soooo excited about this challenge and pray it helps grow and retain my hair, please God!!

I am still in my mini twist. I am currently deep conditioning. I think I can get one more week out of these twist. The roots are really fuzzy, but the ends look great. I think this is the healthiest my hair has been in a longtime. My shrinkage is crazy, but I think it means that my hair is properly hydrated. I'm going to try to pin my hair up and/or re-twist some.

I am still in my mini twist. I am currently deep conditioning. I think I can get one more week out of these twist. The roots are really fuzzy, but the ends look great. I think this is the healthiest my hair has been in a longtime. My shrinkage is crazy, but I think it means that my hair is properly hydrated. I'm going to try to pin my hair up and/or re-twist some.

How long does it take you to do your mini twist?

Back