Twisting FOR Growth Challenge Part 2

thanks donewit. Seems like the growth takes its time sometimes. I am dreading washing my hair. It takes so much to detangle. Not looking forward to that.

Washing and conditioning in sections really helps. Do you have a denman brush. I have found that with my hair loaded with conditioner and running the brush, starting from the ends to the roots first, really helps. Also baby your hair. Like someone once said, treat it like fine silk regardless of how strong or hard you think your hair is.
Also, another suggestion.....

Wet your hair and finger comb before applying shampoo or conditioner before your wash session.

HTH

Washing and conditioning in sections really helps. Do you have a denman brush. I have found that with my hair loaded with conditioner and running the brush, starting from the ends to the roots first, really helps. Also baby your hair. Like someone once said, treat it like fine silk regardless of how strong or hard you think your hair is.

Wet your hair and finger comb before applying shampoo or conditioner before your wash session.

HTH

This is exactly what I do when I co/wash my hair. It has really cut down on detangling time. Sometimes after fingercombing (before shampoo/condish) and applying a liberal amount of condish, I will run a wide tooth comb in it. Then I'll run the denman through to get rid of the last of the shed hairs. It's worked wonders for me.

Here are the pics. I am not satisfied with my length. Cant wait until it grows.

Cute..I really like how full your twistouts look. And definitely don't worry about the length...It will come :)

thanks donewit. Seems like the growth takes its time sometimes. I am dreading washing my hair. It takes so much to detangle. Not looking forward to that.

My hair tangles easily also when in twistouts. I apply my banana-coconut mask onto my dry twistouts. I let it sit w/ a plastic cap for about 1hr. Then I rinse w/ warm water. I then apply a TON of Pantene condish and massage it into my hair and scalp. And let it sit for about 5min. I then slowly divide my hair into sections and do chunky twist w/ condish still in hair. I then have a special little brush that I use to detangle. It's suppose to be used as a scalp massager, but it works better for detangling my hair. I love the Denman also, but I find that shrinkage is a beast when I use it, and I tend to be a bit heavy handed. So the small brush works better for me. After I detangle, I retwist. I then rinse hair twisted under cool water and blot dry. Since my hair is already in sections, I just apply butters/oils to each section and retwist.

HTH

Great advice!!

Can I join please? Can't post pics at the moment as i'm waiting till March (another challenge, lol) and don't want to spoil it. Currently btw 5-6 inches. I'm in twists at the moment, day 3 today, hoping to leave it for 2 weeks. I have no proper regimen, just do things as and when - have problems remembering regimens. I co-wash and DC at least 2-3x/wk though. I use ayurvedic oils and powders, various herbs, MT and various homemade mixtures.

So, is this okay? Please say yes? I'm subbing anyway :grin: .......

OK, my twists are getting better. I wore busted twists to work one day and I forced myself to do better. I will be a twist master...I will be a twist master...:happydance::grin:

Can I join please? Can't post pics at the moment as i'm waiting till March (another challenge, lol) and don't want to spoil it. Currently btw 5-6 inches. I'm in twists at the moment, day 3 today, hoping to leave it for 2 weeks. I have no proper regimen, just do things as and when - have problems remembering regimens. I co-wash and DC at least 2-3x/wk though. I use ayurvedic oils and powders, various herbs, MT and various homemade mixtures.

So, is this okay? Please say yes? I'm subbing anyway :grin: .......

Of course you can join. I'll add you to the list. Looking forward to seeing your pics in March :)

OK, my twists are getting better. I wore busted twists to work one day and I forced myself to do better. I will be a twist master...I will be a twist master...:happydance::grin:

Yep...I'll chant with you...You will be a TWIST MASTER!!! :grin:

Please add me to this challenge. I am already wearing my hair in twists under my wig for the wig challenge :grin:

Regimen: DC twice per week, wash once a week, retwist once a week...and I use my growth aides every other day. :yep:

I went into Whole Foods today to pick up ONE item that was completely unrelated to hair...and ended up leaving with $60 worth of essential oils (and AOHSR...had to restock):wallbash: No restraint! I'm using them in my shea butter mixes when I do my weekly twists. My hair will smell different every week, lol. Yummers!:lick:

Please add me to this challenge. I am already wearing my hair in twists under my wig for the wig challenge :grin:

Regimen: DC twice per week, wash once a week, retwist once a week...and I use my growth aides every other day. :yep:

Will do..Thanks for joining :)

I went into Whole Foods today to pick up ONE item that was completely unrelated to hair...and ended up leaving with $60 worth of essential oils (and AOHSR...had to restock):wallbash: No restraint! I'm using them in my shea butter mixes when I do my weekly twists. My hair will smell different every week, lol. Yummers!:lick:

LOL...I am the same way. I have no restraint. I have a gazillion bottles of conditioner, yet everytime I go to the store, I have to buy more..IT's INSANE!!! LOL

I just twisted my hair to put under my wig. I really this challenge this goes well with the bootcamp.

okay I took pics of my real hair in twists so I'll be able to compare at the end.

I don't like wearing my real hair twisted in public because it's short and my mom said I looked like a member of Kriss Kross.

Hopefully at the end of the challenge they'll be a little longer.
I'm going to be putting kinky twist extensions in my hair tomorrow and wear those as long as possible

I twist with eco styler gel and avocado butter and karen's hair milk as a leave in
I usually spray a mixture of braid spray, infusium and water while in extensions to moisturize every few days
I'll wash every 2 weeks with diluted castile soap

When my hair is taken out I will
Wash with con
dc with elasta qp dpr11 or ao honeysuckle rose
leave in KBB hair milk

eta: and I'm working on my temples (right to be exact) hair loss from tight braids in the past and I'm trying to fix it

Attachments

• DSC00401.JPG
    DSC00401.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00405.jpg
    DSC00405.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00411.JPG
    DSC00411.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Thanks Oooop2 for adding me! I LOOOOOOVE your hair btw, sooo full and healthy looking!

Okay, challenge has officially started, and I'm so excited about this!

Currently wearing 3 day old twists, mostly under scarves and wraps when out and about as it's too cold.

HHG ladies!

okay I took pics of my real hair in twists so I'll be able to compare at the end.

I don't like wearing my real hair twisted in public because it's short and my mom said I looked like a member of Kriss Kross.

Hopefully at the end of the challenge they'll be a little longer.
I'm going to be putting kinky twist extensions in my hair tomorrow and wear those as long as possible

I twist with eco styler gel and avocado butter and karen's hair milk as a leave in
I usually spray a mixture of braid spray, infusium and water while in extensions to moisturize every few days
I'll wash every 2 weeks with diluted castile soap

When my hair is taken out I will
Wash with con
dc with elasta qp dpr11 or ao honeysuckle rose
leave in KBB hair milk

eta: and I'm working on my temples (right to be exact) hair loss from tight braids in the past and I'm trying to fix it

Thanks for posting your regime. Definitely post pics of you in your kinky twist for us to see. I've never worn extensions, so my twist have been through all the various stages. So if you want a good laugh/comparison, check out my fotki...LOL

Thanks Oooop2 for adding me! I LOOOOOOVE your hair btw, sooo full and healthy looking!

Okay, challenge has officially started, and I'm so excited about this!

Currently wearing 3 day old twists, mostly under scarves and wraps when out and about as it's too cold.

HHG ladies!

No prob and thanks for the compliment :)

I'm in! Comb twist are easy for me to maintain right now since my length is still short!!!

Current Hair length :1.2 inches
Hair type: I don't know yet..
Hair care regimen: -Wipe scalp clean daily with Taliah Wajid's
Stimiulating Herbal Cleanser
-Add my fav. oils (EO, jojoba, coconut oil)
-Co wash/DC weekly
-Comb twist using rat tailed comb ( weekly)
-To set twist I will use TH's...Crinkles and Curls lotion
-Finished with oils for shine.

Attachments

• P021409091025.jpg
    P021409091025.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Oooop yours are cute. Mine are not, at least not on me!
My kinky twists are not working out so well, I may run to the bss and just get some kanekalon and do senegalese twist because the hair is easier for me to deal with and doesn't frizz like this stuff.

OK, I finally got my things together.

Regimen:

To deep condition at least once a week;
Oil scalp every other day;
Protein treatments once a month;
Spritz twice a day;
Shampoo as needed;
Cover hair at night;

Picture:

I'm in! Comb twist are easy for me to maintain right now since my length is still short!!!

Current Hair length :1.2 inches
Hair type: I don't know yet..
Hair care regimen: -Wipe scalp clean daily with Taliah Wajid's
Stimiulating Herbal Cleanser
-Add my fav. oils (EO, jojoba, coconut oil)
-Co wash/DC weekly
-Comb twist using rat tailed comb ( weekly)
-To set twist I will use TH's...Crinkles and Curls lotion
-Finished with oils for shine.

Thanks for joining..I'll add you to the list. I remember when my hair was your length...Definitely enjoy the journey :)

I recently started wearing twists. I am going to join...but I dont think I will be going the entire six months. LOL I have hair ADD

Thanks for joining..And hopefully we can pursuade you to stay with us the entire 6m :grin:

Oooop yours are cute. Mine are not, at least not on me!
My kinky twists are not working out so well, I may run to the bss and just get some kanekalon and do senegalese twist because the hair is easier for me to deal with and doesn't frizz like this stuff.

Thanks for the compliment. I also didn't think my twist were cute at your length until I started to accessorize with headbands and clips. GL w/ your senegalese twist. Remember we want to see pics ;)

OK, I finally got my things together.

Regimen:

To deep condition at least once a week;
Oil scalp every other day;
Protein treatments once a month;
Spritz twice a day;
Shampoo as needed;
Cover hair at night;

Picture:

Nice twist..What are you oiling your scalp with?

I henna'd my hair last night. Hair currently in large twist. Found that curl activator spray leaves my hair super soft t/o the day......

This morning I did a light co-wash on my hair while in their twists with Aussie Moist conditioner. I didn't manipulate it too much, rinsed, sealed with shea butter and put it in a ponytail to keep them stretched. Today is Tuesday and I have a Ne-yo concert on Sunday, that I want to wear my hair out. I probably won't deep condition until Sunday night when I get home and re-twist if I'm not too tired.

So, this week no combing or manipulating until Sunday night. We will see how that goes.

HHG

Here are some recent hair pics!!
FebActivities001.jpg

Applied Bentonite Clay to my hair and left it on for 1 hr.
FebActivities004.jpg

Here is my hair after 1 hr.
FebActivities008.jpg

My hair after rinsing the clay out and conditioning.
FebActivities009.jpg

Wearing chunky twist right now.
FebActivities010.jpg

Starting to see my henna highlights more.
How is everyone doing???

I love essential oils. I didn't know whole foods sold them. I wonder if they are cheaper???

Oooop, I see you bentonite clayed your face too :yep:..... I love clays as well!

My twists are still holding their own, I really don't want to re-do them till the weekend at the very earliest. Having a hard time keeping my hands off my hair though.

co-washed this morning, so all good.

Keep up the good work ladies, HHG!

Oooop, I see you bentonite clayed your face too :yep:..... I love clays as well!

My twists are still holding their own, I really don't want to re-do them till the weekend at the very earliest. Having a hard time keeping my hands off my hair though.

co-washed this morning, so all good.

Keep up the good work ladies, HHG!

LOL...Good eyes. I actually liked the results better on my face than I did my hair. Really didn't notice much difference on my hair. But I'll try it again before I consider it a hair flop..LOL

LOL...Good eyes. I actually liked the results better on my face than I did my hair. Really didn't notice much difference on my hair. But I'll try it again before I consider it a hair flop..LOL

Never used bentonite on my hair. Rhassoul is fab for my hair though - leaves it feeling so clean and moisturised and soft. Too bad it's too expensive to use 3x/wk!

This makes me wanna clay mask lol. Will do with my next wash!

Back