TWA Support Thread

Washing a fade is such an interesting experience!!! So that's what water feels like when it directly touches you scalp :lachen:

You know what I just realized ladies? This is the first year I've ever been able to shampoo my own natural hair. Ain't that a shame? And my natural hair sops up conditioner like nothing. Bam.

Thanks ladies :) Best of all, my husband thinks it's sexy! Either way, he would've had to get used to it, because I love it! No longer length-obsessed, I'm planning to keep it short for a while. It's just so different because now I WANT to co-wash & style EVERYDAY. When my hair was long I could barely stand dealing with it once a week. Anyone else have a severe case of HIH since chopping??

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks ladies :) Best of all, my husband thinks it's sexy! Either way, he would've had to get used to it, because I love it! No longer length-obsessed, I'm planning to keep it short for a while. It's just so different because now I WANT to co-wash & style EVERYDAY. When my hair was long I could barely stand dealing with it once a week. Anyone else have a severe case of HIH since chopping??

I have severe HIH disease!:lachen: I wore a puff yesterday couldn't resist touch my soft lil fro.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of my TWA after having one for 9 months :lol: I found products that work consistently now. Today I used all Paul Mitchell products: The Conditioner for leave in, Twirl Around and Ultimate Wave mixed together for styler

Attachments

• image-270060197.jpg
    image-270060197.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 90
  • image-740691313.jpg
    image-740691313.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 95
I think I'm finally getting the hang of my TWA after having one for 9 months :lol: I found products that work consistently now. Today I used all Paul Mitchell products: The Conditioner for leave in, Twirl Around and Ultimate Wave mixed together for styler

Love the cut/style! It looks very nice on you!

Love it!!!!

I am so happy I found this thread. I BC on New Years because of a case of extreme postpartum shedding which left me with alot of uneven and thin hair, I was completely over it so I just got rid of it.

I didn't feel bad either cause I was sick of dealing with hair so it is very refreshing. :lol: I started out with a close shave. I have a little over an inch of growth so far. I did a black rinse and I love it. I can't wait to get a little more length however cause I would love to experiment with tapered styles.

Y'all heard of kingme hair? New weave for naturals.
Anyways I ordered so hopefully it'll be in my head in a few weeks and I'll do a full review for you ladies.
Here's a pic from their Instagram:

image-397557243.jpg

I am seeking a much more subdued look for work lol but it is pretty!

*internal screaming*. So I needed to wash my hair but its like 2am and Im not feel in too hot so I decided to just stand in the water and let it hit my scalp and rejuvenate myself....long story short I ended up doing a quick length check and my longest layers (are about...and I'm guesstimating here) about an inch/ inch and a half away from CBL! and the layers from more towards the middle of my head I would say are about the same distance from my shoulder!! (my crown is super short and only about EL at the moment I think it grows the slowest but) Progress!!! I feel like I will def get at least partial SL by June, I don't think my hair will ever really be one length unless I grow it to like...MBL and then cut it all back down...but I don't mind layered hair.
AH so exciting. I was wondering why my fros/puffs were looking so big lately. EEE.

I got the hair I posted about above today. My appt is next Saturday, I'll post pics.

Sooo ecstatic when I had decent definition after conditioning in the shower... Styling my twa every day is addicting but not when I'm pressed for time!

Omg y'all I started taking magical hair growth pills and in a week I no longer had a TWA and now I can do a bun!!

image-2861892913.jpg

Lol just kidding. I slicked my hair back and attached some marley braid hair. This will be my style until I get my weave done again in a week. I mayyyy try a twistout tonight. Haven't played in my hair in a long time.

I'm 3 weeks post BC, and my hair has grown in enough that I'm able to feel the beginnings of curlies!!! I'm excited about that! No regimen or washing schedule so far, but I'll aim for twice a week. Okay, I guess I will have a regimen LOL!! Shampoo 1x a week, do a water rinse 1x a week, and seal with my butter blend.

Having a TWA (once I get there) will be so easy this time around. I know what products my hair likes (AVJ, CO, and protein), and I know that twists, bantu knots, and blowdryers are the enemy. I need to stick with wash n'gos 99% of the time with braidouts thrown in here and there. God, I can't wait to have enough hair to do a wash and go!!

I'm 3 weeks post BC, and my hair has grown in enough that I'm able to feel the beginnings of curlies!!! I'm excited about that! No regimen or washing schedule so far, but I'll aim for twice a week. Okay, I guess I will have a regimen LOL!! Shampoo 1x a week, do a water rinse 1x a week, and seal with my butter blend. Having a TWA (once I get there) will be so easy this time around. I know what products my hair likes (AVJ, CO, and protein), and I know that twists, bantu knots, and blowdryers are the enemy. I need to stick with wash n'gos 99% of the time with braidouts thrown in here and there. God, I can't wait to have enough hair to do a wash and go!!
ckisland what has been your experience with twists vs braids. I am suspicious about twists giving me splits, and therefore causing breakage. I find that when I don't wear them as much, my progress is a bit better. I have not been on my natural journey long enough to know for sure, but I ve been thinking about it. It s interesting that you call them the enemy. I going to keep my eyes on them from now on.

@ckisland what has been your experience with twists vs braids. I am suspicious about twists giving me splits, and therefore causing breakage. I find that when I don't wear them as much, my progress is a bit better. I have not been on my natural journey long enough to know for sure, but I ve been thinking about it. It s interesting that you call them the enemy. I going to keep my eyes on them from now on.
Twists are evil for my hair :nono:. I found out that doing them on wet/damp hair means I can keep them overnight, but have to undo them in the morning. Twisting on dry hair was one of the worse mistakes I kept trying to make work because so many naturals on youtube did this nightly for twistouts. In a twist, my ends will literally knot together. Sometimes it'll be one big not, other times it's the sudden appearance of ssks, mostly I get both.
I've had a much better experience with braids (no extensions). When I started using braidouts to help retain length, I would set my wet hair with 16 twists and let them dry that night or overnight. Once they dried, I took them down and would do 3 big braids. I got this technique from 1ballerina on youtube, and it allowed me to finally be able to wear my hair stretched consistently. I turned my hair around at one point following her regimen :yep:.

You look gorgeous!

Awh thanks momi!

I thought I was growing my hair out but I cut it again :look: I can't stay away from the tapered TWA!

Well it definitely suits you!

I am in the process of growing mine out - for real this time. :lachen: At least I was before seeing your photo. :blush:

Well it definitely suits you!

I am in the process of growing mine out - for real this time. :lachen: At least I was before seeing your photo. :blush:

Don't be like me! A year is gonna pass and I'll still have a TWA :lol: Once I get my hair vitamins I'm gonna let it grow. But until then I'm embracing it :drunk:

Back