Turtleneck season- will my nape hairs survive?

MissLawyerLady

I need tips on how to keep my nape hairs healthy during the winter. I can protect my ends but my nape hairs are exposed to my turtlenecks, cowl necks, and scarves. I live in the midwest and heavy winter gear is not optional! Any suggestions, please? :perplexed

I would recommend heavily moisturizing or oiling your nape on days when you will be wearing moisture-zapping garments. It's inevitable that your scarves or turtlenecks will rub up against your nape hair, so the best thing is the prep the hair with extra moisture so that it won't dry out and break as much. I HTH!

I would recommend heavily moisturizing or oiling your nape on days when you will be wearing moisture-zapping garments. It's inevitable that your scarves or turtlenecks will rub up against your nape hair, so the best thing is the prep the hair with extra moisture so that it won't dry out and break as much. I HTH!

I agree. I also pin a satin scarf to the collar of my winter coat.

I live in the Midwest as well so I understand completely. The other day when I pulled out the pea coat, I pulled my hair up in a clip but I will also be wearing silk & satin scarves and headbands to cover and protect my nape area. Hope this helps and try to stay warm!

Triple 5 Soul makes hoodies that are lined with satin. Maybe you could wear that as a layer under your real coat? Then you could protect your hair while keeping your head warm.

Back