Trim Stretchers...how's it going?

Well ladies it's been over a month since we first began this challenge and I'd like to know how everyone is doing and what is helping you to keep your ends together

For me personally my ends are still holding strong, I've been deep conditioning 2x per week rotating between moisture and protein, I've also been doing the baggie method with vaseline, s-curl, and oils in the baggie. Right now I'm giving my hair a rest, so I'm sporting a sew-in. I aim to "trim stretch" until at least September. So how are your ends doing?

Well I am trying!! My ends look good when dry but when I rolled my hair last night they were looking a little raged for my standards (that comes from being an avid trimmer)!! So my plans are to start the baggie method, cornrowing and twisting for my ends!!! I hope this helps and helps me to retain length!! What are you doing if you have a little ragedness?

I gave myself a light dusting in February. My ends look great because I do the baggie method 5 days out of 7. I take a break from it on the weekends.

I've been using carrot oil & jojoba oil 2x a day & bunning for at least 5 days of the week. This is about 3 months after my last "trim" and the ends are holding up. The good thing is that my stylist hasn't said you need a trim, which used to come up very frequently.

Another thing I've added is hot oil treatments on wash days, with jojoba, olive oil, and honey.

IntelligenceisBeautiful said:
Well ladies it's been over a month since we first began this challenge and I'd like to know how everyone is doing and what is helping you to keep your ends together

For me personally my ends are still holding strong, I've been deep conditioning 2x per week rotating between moisture and protein, I've also been doing the baggie method with vaseline, s-curl, and oils in the baggie. Right now I'm giving my hair a rest, so I'm sporting a sew-in. I aim to "trim stretch" until at least September. So how are your ends doing?

My ends are doing fine---I use ARTEC KIWI BLOW SILK as a serum on the ends of my hair when wet styling/ rollersetting or blowdrying and when I flat iron I use AVEDA anti-humectant pomade.

I use jojoba oil--I started wearing a ponytail / bun--my own--two weeks ago--so I use Jojoba Oil or LANZA Urban Elements Hair Polish. I put tons of extra conditioner on my ends when I wash my hair.

My ends are fine. I've been doing the baggie method and plan on staying with the baggie method until my next relaxer.

AH! wow the Trim Stretch challenge, hmm almost forgot about it, although it's in my siggy :look:
The other day, I decided to use a bit of heat, to blowdry my hair. I think since I joined LHCF, my hair HATES heat, can't stand it, and so yeah, i had a good amount of shedding that day, made me think '... is it time for a trim?' but i fought the urge, moisturized the heck out of my hair this week that it's oily/greasy right now, not the scalp though. I did a light dusting 2 days ago, I think.
You ladies are doing so much, and all i've been doing is washing 2x/week, condition and use my Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor w/heat once a week. I moisturize hair and ends with ORS olive oil. I've been keeping my ends out of sight though. Was in the sun for a long time and i had so much sunscreen on that hair, i was terrified of the sun, afraid for my hair, man :lol: I think I will pick up some coconut oil when I get the chance, and some jherry curl juice, lol when my naps start showing up. I think i'll deep condition tomorrow.

Its going REALLY good for me. I have been using shea butter on my ends for the past couple of months, and I seal with BB Super Gro Extra Lite, which has coconut oil in it. I have been doing Wild Growth Hair Oil (main ingredient: olive oil) on my scalp and lightly on my hair, along with Dabur Vatika Oil (main ingredient: coconut oil). :grin: I won't trim my hair again until June of 06. I also wear protective styles so that my ends stay moisturized.

Jewell, did you decided not to go natural anymore? I see your counting thingie, and the statement isn't there... If you decided not to do it, i'm actually kinda happy :look: it pained me to have to watch all that hair go, :lol:

taraglam2 said:
My ends are doing fine---I use ARTEC KIWI BLOW SILK as a serum on the ends of my hair when wet styling/ rollersetting or blowdrying and when I flat iron I use AVEDA anti-humectant pomade.

I use jojoba oil--I started wearing a ponytail / bun--my own--two weeks ago--so I use Jojoba Oil or LANZA Urban Elements Hair Polish. I put tons of extra conditioner on my ends when I wash my hair.

UPDATE

For some reason I kept having bad hair days--The only days my hair would look "head turning beautiful" were wash day and the day after wash day. From then on---a "hot" mess. Unfortunately, my ends were just too through and my hair was "too" uneven. Soooo today I had my hair trimmed by

Rudy Solorzano
CIBU Artistic Team Senior Designer
BUBBLES SALONS

Rudy is great--he know his stuff ! Always booked--lucky to get appt.
My hair is even and there were some really raggedy ends that he got rid of. My hair has lots of thickness and is "head turning pretty" again. So now I am at a good continuation / growing starting point. So I failed this challenge, however I still have shoulder length hair but volumes of thickness and my hair is totally even--he did a Blow Out and used AVEDA anti-humectant pomade prior to flat ironing---sorry no pictures---album coming soon!

Well, it's going well for me! I do protective hairstyles almost everyday, so my ends are really looking good! However, now my hair looks like an uneven fish tale, which I don't really like, but besides that no split ends!

sweetpeadst said:
I need a trim maybe a dusting!!!!

Sorry to hear that SP. We'll have to look on the bright side and say that atleast your hair will be even and healthy. I hope everything works out ok.

As for me, I think I'm doing so well on my challenge that I think I may have to go out for ice cream once the challenge is over. Funny thing is, of course the 4th of July is like party weekend so all my girls had their short hair cuts looking so fly. YA'LL KNOW I WANTED TO CUT MINE SO BAD!!!! But I stuck it out, I wore a weave that I had sewn in myself and by Sunday (due to the heat) I was back to my baggie/phony pony that I jazzed up a bit.

Last edited:
sweetpeadst said:
I got about an inch cut off all around so I guess I failed this challenge!

Don't go :spank: . Just start w/ a clean slate. You have 6 more months to get where you trying to go.

I haven't trimmed my hair since January. It's going well :) . I alternate between the sheabutter/S-curl overnight leave in and the vaseline/S-curl leave in, but I don't use the baggie method. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try.
My ends are a little ragged from previous damage, but I have stopped the splitting. I will be trimming once my growth challenge is over in March of next year....maybe I should put that in siggy too :cool:

sweetpeadst said:
I got about an inch cut off all around so I guess I failed this challenge!

Sweetpeadst--just think of it as all healthy--all even--a great point to be at !! ---I was so sad when I walked in the salon--but when I got in the chair and looked in the mirror under all that track lighting--I knew they had to come off!

I didnt even know about this challenge. But I havent trimmed since December. I have to say, I have seen some growth by not trimming all this time. I just really wonder what my ends will look like when I press this mess. It would be so wonderfull if they are all ok and I can keep the length Ive gained. I can only hope I'm that fortunate....but if not they gotta go. If they are cool, I'm seriously thinking about staying on a no trim challenge from here on, Untill I need to do otherwise.

I am sorry to report that I've failed this challenge. Over the weekend I had to get my hair done and since I was wearing it down I had to trim my ends to even up my hair quite a bit. I have decided that I will continue to avoid trimming my hair until Febuary instead of November to give my hair a chance to grow out from this trim. I've retained some length but it is definitely much shorter than I anticipated.

This is one of the few challenges that I've been consistent with. I haven't had a trim since March, and I don't have any splits. My ends look exactly the same, and all I've been doing is making sure they are moisturized when I wear protective styles, which is 3-4 days out of the week. When I texturize at the end of the year, I want to trim to get rid of an inch or so of overprocessed ends. Hopefully I can make it to armpit length with a healthy trim by December!

Before this board, I used to trim religiously every 8-10 weeks. I have to admit my hair's health had a lot to do with that, (along with staying away from heat and salons) but I wasn't retaining any length. Needless to say I fell off the trim stretch a while ago:

Trims:

Jan 05= 1/4"
May 05=3/4-1"
July 05=1"
Sept 05=2"

I am transitioning so the relaxed hair has to go anyway...I just want it to look neat in the meantime. My hair grows in a "W" so most trims are for evening it up, not due to split ends or damage. I am maintaining blunt cut BSL or just past BSL for my length until I either a)get aggravated and chop or b)am completely natural. Very slim chance I will chop all my hair off. :look:

I have not trimmed sense may 2005, I am currently wearing a sew in weave. Will not trim until next month, will only dust my ends. I will redo my weave at the end of october and trim again by june 2006.

Update: I trimmed on 10.10 after 7 months of stretching. Honestly, I just waited until my ends looked like they needed to be clipped. Carrot oil & protective styles really helped me to go so long, and this is one of the first times that I didn't shed a tear after a trim :lol: . I let go of about an inch to 1.5 inches of those overprocessed ends and my hair looks much healthier. I'll post some updated pics by the end of the week.

Back