Another Observation About Natural Hair...thinking about wearing it straight....

Hey shortdub... wash n gos were fine for my hair when my hair was like 1 to 6 inches. Now that my hair is 9-10 inches, it's not working for me anymore because of the clumping and coiling action going on with my hair. As my hair has gotten longer, it hasn't loosen in texture nor has it gotten heavier like some naturals. My hair is still light and feathery and still very tightly coiled. When I wear a shrunken fro, it still shrinks to 2-3 inches in length!!! :blush: It doesn't hang at all.

PooH bear have you try henna or cassia to stretch your coils a little bit?

Hey shortdub... wash n gos were fine for my hair when my hair was like 1 to 6 inches. Now that my hair is 9-10 inches, it's not working for me anymore because of the clumping and coiling action going on with my hair. As my hair has gotten longer, it hasn't loosen in texture nor has it gotten heavier like some naturals. My hair is still light and feathery and still very tightly coiled. When I wear a shrunken fro, it still shrinks to 2-3 inches in length!!! :blush: It doesn't hang at all.

My hair is the same way. I always thought maybe if I let it get longer it'll weigh itself down. Instead it just kind of got denser...and it goes out in all directions...except maybe DOWN.

PooH bear have you try henna or cassia to stretch your coils a little bit?
No I haven't. I have read so much information on LHCF about henna, and I'm afraid to try it because of the horror stories of ladies ending up with dry stiff hair or green colored hair from henna. :ohwell:

"Guess what ladies! My ends were fixed from wearing rollers on my ends after oiling them with Hot 6 Oil. I rolled the rollers in a way so my ends would flip up."

I'm glad this worked for you. Sometimes, we just gotta go oldskool...

Back