Trim Stretch Challenge

I'm still on the challenge, lol, started less than a month ago... let me recount my trims since 2005.

-January 2nd, 2005 - HUGE trim by Dominican hairstylist whose hair does not grow... she tried to get me to cut my almost-BSL hair into a BOB! :eek: that ***** :mad: :lol:
-Feb 13, 2005 - uh yeah, I did it... i was scissor-happy too and my hair was shedding like crazy and the white websites said whenever i start shedding a little too much, trim my hair! They never told me about no protein treatment... this was pre-LHCF of course
-March 17, 2005 - I did that one too... :( same as above... wanted healthy hair... i was stupid
-March 19th, 2005 - Went to beauty salon, and the hair stylist gave me aNOTHER trim! I just wanted healthy hair! :(
-April 24th, 2005 - noticed my ends acting up... so i did a trim, 1/4" to 1/2"... I REGRET IT SO MUCH! I just gave myself a set back. Hoping to get a growth spurt during the summer to make up for it and more!

OBVIOUSLY, I NEED to be on this challenge and stay HELLA CONSISTENT! I will not trim till at least NOvember 25th, which is the last touch up for 2005... I'm going to get some coconut oil or shea butter or something to keep my ends from drying out... they're behaving right now... I'm getting a touch-up tomorrow and I will HIDE the scissors!

I think I need a trim!! It is looking a ittle rough for my taste!! It looks better as it dries though!! I am trying to hold out until December!! But I am scissor happy! I think I will bun, cornrow and twist my hair until August 3 (my next relaxer)! I think i can hold out if I can make until then! But what to do if they sart looking really bad????

I'm definitely in this challenge! I haven't trimmed for the last 2 months because I realize that I do wear my hair in protective hairstyles, and my hair isn't getting any longer!!

Happy Growing Everybody!!!!!!

I'm in. As my sig says, I just went from bra strap length to just below shoulders because my ends were threatening to attack the rest of my hair. Now I am being very careful with my ends, wearing mostly buns and keeping them very moisturized. I'd like to stay away from trims until next year. Hopefully I can do it.

taraglam2 said:
You all know I am in------ Trim Stretch Challenge---no scissors for me till December !!!!! We are all going to have some nice length going on !!!

UPDATE---- I went to the salon on Wednesday June 8th for a very mild 5 minute relaxer and twist out. This was the 1st time I sat in a stylist chair since December---she kept asking, "Do you want me to trim the ends?" She even had the nerve to ask me to give her my philosophy on trimming ends--but I made it through---no trim !!! Yeah--- No trimming till December ! Yeah--I made it this far ! My ends are fine--I baby them all the time !

Please count me in!!!

I got a trim today (1/4"), so I will baby my ends and try not to get another until December (if needed).

I "need" to join this challenge. I trim my hair way too often, it is sort of addicting... Well it stops here, no trims until the end of summer [or maybe beyond that date...].

Back