Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

So update time. I'll be 7 months post tomorrow! I ended up wearing y hair straight for a month. I did curlformers and blow dryed and flat iron once. When I did flat iron my hair looked great. I went about 16 weeks between my last flat iron and my ends looked great. I'd usually relax at that time and need a trim from thinning in the middle. I'm surprised it looks so good because I have had some breakage but it's not noticeable.
I've also found out I'm pregnant with my first child!! Yay!! Scary!! Exciting!! Lol. I don't know where that leaves me and my hair though. I'm past the tired all the time phase. (That's how my straight hair lasted so long lol) I've thought of relaxing again but after washing that's out of the question! So I may BC after I have my baby. I'll be 13 months post. I seriously doubt I'll want to transition anymore but who knows. I really hope I get 12 inches between now and then (yea right but I can wish right!) I have noticed though I have next to no shedding. We will see how this goes though.

freckledface

Congrats!
When I was pregnant, I got a good little growth spurt, so who knows, you may get those 12 inches!

So update time. I'll be 7 months post tomorrow! I ended up wearing y hair straight for a month. I did curlformers and blow dryed and flat iron once. When I did flat iron my hair looked great. I went about 16 weeks between my last flat iron and my ends looked great. I'd usually relax at that time and need a trim from thinning in the middle. I'm surprised it looks so good because I have had some breakage but it's not noticeable. I've also found out I'm pregnant with my first child!! Yay!! Scary!! Exciting!! Lol. I don't know where that leaves me and my hair though. I'm past the tired all the time phase. (That's how my straight hair lasted so long lol) I've thought of relaxing again but after washing that's out of the question! So I may BC after I have my baby. I'll be 13 months post. I seriously doubt I'll want to transition anymore but who knows. I really hope I get 12 inches between now and then (yea right but I can wish right!) I have noticed though I have next to no shedding. We will see how this goes though.
Congrats on your 1st...this is a wonderful time. Enjoy and let that beautiful hair do what it will.

Even though I'm not far into this, I can already tell that my natural hair responds better to products than my relaxed hair. Let's hope nothing changes! Also, I'm trying to stay away from heat for the next 4 months so I can. I've never done that before but I know that it will pay off.

Took a picture of my hair combed out at almost 9 month post. Looks like I have a long way to go until I reach waist length.:yep:

Attachments

• 79013a32-9583-4f89-a1d8-80a94a548d08_zps17936d01.JPG
    79013a32-9583-4f89-a1d8-80a94a548d08_zps17936d01.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 102
A lot of new growth. I often wonder what will my shrinkage look like. Here's the back of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2042277922.jpg
    image-2042277922.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 107
  • image-428169204.jpg
    image-428169204.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 111
  • image-2737940919.jpg
    image-2737940919.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3058159248.jpg
    image-3058159248.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 85
If someone could help me out with this, that would be great!

I am transitioning from highly textured texlaxed hair and have been wearing my hair pulled back in buns nearly all of my transition. I am 8 months post. I have noticed that my textured hair is getting straighter and straighter. I could once do a wash and go and have my hair look completely natural and now the textured hair in the front of my head is nearly straight (not the ng). What's going on?? The last time I used heat was the beginning of Jan (the front of my hair was straightened to blend a half wig) and the curls came right back after I washed with no heat damage. I have sections in the back of my head which are 100% straight now (again, minus the roots) but no heat has touched that area in well over a year. I just wore my hair out and completely curly (no straight pieces) back in late Jan. I can't explain what's happening. :ohwell::perplexed

pearlific1

The weight of the hair as it gets longer will elongate the curl pattern. Also the age of the hair affects the curl. As the hair is older the strand is more broken down from wear and tear which will make it appear straighter. Lastly the amount of exposure to chemicals is more on the ends, so that makes the hair straighter too.

I had that happen with my hair. The ends looked almost bonelaxed at one point when I was 2 years post

pearlific1

The weight of the hair as it gets longer will elongate the curl pattern. Also the age of the hair affects the curl. As the hair is older the strand is more broken down from wear and tear which will make it appear straighter. Lastly the amount of exposure to chemicals is more on the ends, so that makes the hair straighter too.

I had that happen with my hair. The ends looked almost bonelaxed at one point when I was 2 years post

Wow! That was very helpful! Thank you havilland :yep: :urock:

Been wearing my hair in a low pin up/bun/hair tucked under on and off for the past few months. It's easy breezy to do. I spray with water at night, smooth down, put on scarf -- take it off in the morning and that's it. Quick and easy.

Ohhhh... shout out to Annabelle Naturals leave in crème pudding and hair crème. I read/skimmed the long thread in the vendor review section and reluctantly purchased. I thought the products would have been oily and greasy. Not so. It keeps my hair moisturized without being greasy. I wash my hair, section it in 4, then take the 4 sections and section it in 2 and apply the creamy pudding leave and the hair crème on top and smoosh it into my strands with the praying hands motion and then comb through with a smaller sized comb. Once my entire hair is fully moisturized and smooth it back into a low pony, tie it down... no hair to comb in the morning.

These two products are worth trying out :up:

so yeah...think I just decided come September I won't chop. Think I will keep transitioning out my relaxed ends with keratin treatments...

Curiosity took me last night as I was detangling for bed. I was spraying my hair with water and decided to do a few twists in the back. I did 3. I twisted it and then cut off the ends lol. I had to put the scissors down before I was tempted to do more.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes! I really appreciate it!

I just wanted to say real quick... It is 2014 why is there not a magic pill or whatever we can take to make our hair grow super fast!! All the technology we have somebody should've come up with that already! Lol just saying!!

Curiosity took me last night as I was detangling for bed. I was spraying my hair with water and decided to do a few twists in the back. I did 3. I twisted it and then cut off the ends lol. I had to put the scissors down before I was tempted to do more.

:sekret: I did that last week. I love my texture, can't wait to be fully natural. The only thing that's holding me back is shrinkage. My natural hair (@ approx 11 mo. post) is neck length stretched with my hand. I need at least APL stretched. I will not do short hair again. I refuse. :nono:

Curiosity took me last night as I was detangling for bed. I was spraying my hair with water and decided to do a few twists in the back. I did 3. I twisted it and then cut off the ends lol. I had to put the scissors down before I was tempted to do more. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Britt

Pics... Plz.

Britt We must be drinking from the same cup because I just got my ends trimmed lol.

My stylist was so shocked when she seen my actual length. She kept callin' her associates in to look at it. She kept saying that it was soooooo long. I showed her a couple heads of hair from this forum and she was FLOORED! LHCF will turn you OUT!

She also asked me who relaxed it for me. I told her it had been a year since I had one and her lip was to the floor. She did my first relaxer after going natural for the first time and cursed me from here to Mexico. Needless to say she was pretty happy about my decision to go back.

Anyway, I think I'm right at BSL. She said I was below, but we won't be finding out because i plan on airdrying my life away for the next couple of weeks :love:.

@Britt

Pics... Plz.

That's in the garbage now :lol:. I felt so tempted to cut more off the back, but I want to be able to do my lazy ponytail/bun everyday. I am dc'ing right now. The ends of the hair and a lot of the back still feels like the texture of a ballerina tutu :nono: .... I see why water is a natural's best friend, I use my spray bottle everyday. I use the water bottle when I finger part to spray the new growth, and enough water to be able to comb and smooth back into a low ponytail.

Hi everyone...I think I need to be in this thread more often. I'm transitioning. ... so far. .. but I'm trying to fight the texlax urge. There is this back section of my hair that refuses to cooperate. It hates to do anything but it's own thing. Can't even think about frequent washes (cowash or other wise) or straight styles because it sheds and breaks more. Ugh!:sad: I just want manageable hair and beautiful wash n go's.:ohwell::perplexed

I am officially 14 months/ 61 weeks. I have an appointment to cut off all my relaxed ends this morning. I promised myself I would transition for 1 year then after that when ever I felt like I was fighting my hair I would do the chop. I was good until I reached year 1 then every wash day Since I've been itching to chop. So Im doing it. Just wish there was more advise about how to shape the hair.

I am officially 14 months/ 61 weeks. I have an appointment to cut off all my relaxed ends this morning. I promised myself I would transition for 1 year then after that when ever I felt like I was fighting my hair I would do the chop. I was good until I reached year 1 then every wash day Since I've been itching to chop. So Im doing it. Just wish there was more advise about how to shape the hair.

well u post pics?

Back