Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

I know. The hairstyle thing is a big obstacle. At least it was for me. All I did was buns and ponytails.

I know other women do curl formers and braidouts and twist outs and get really creative. None of that worked for me.

When I got bored I wore half wigs. That was my way out of being bored.

I just decided that I cared more about keeping my hair and transitioning than I did about being creative with styles. (Which wasn't always fun but it paid off in the end.)

To me transitioning and trying to have alot of style variation is like being on a diet. You have to choose, do I want to eat this cake? Or fit in my jeans? Can't have both..... At least I couldn't. My hair wouldn't let me.

That's a good way to describe it! I have rollers but not curl formers. I tried Bantu knots but they just made detangling harder and I didn't like the way it looked. I guess I'll be sticking with my faux side bang and buns for now...

So I've been in my hometown with my parents for 2 months (planning my wedding) and I think my mom has this idea that I have 3a curls or something. It's like she doesn't understand that a braidout is not my actual pattern no matter how I explain it. When we're out she'll point to all these really loosey curlies and uh...I don't think that's going to be me, ma.

I really just can't wait to get this wedding started and finished so I can go back to living far as hell away. My entire family depresses me with their thoughts on natural hair. Eugh.

So I've been in my hometown with my parents for 2 months (planning my wedding) and I think my mom has this idea that I have 3a curls or something. It's like she doesn't understand that a braidout is not my actual pattern no matter how I explain it. When we're out she'll point to all these really loosey curlies and uh...I don't think that's going to be me, ma.

I really just can't wait to get this wedding started and finished so I can go back to living far as hell away. My entire family depresses me with their thoughts on natural hair. Eugh.

Sorry about the family drama but congrats on the wedding ;)

I feel homeless.

I'm not a straight haired natural. I don't have a twa. I'm not struggling with my natural hair. I'm no longer transitioning.

......those are all the active threads for naturals.

I'm feel like I'm on the side of the road with my sign and my bag of hair oil. ;) lol

I feel homeless.

I'm not a straight haired natural. I don't have a twa. I'm not struggling with my natural hair. I'm no longer transitioning.

......those are all the active threads for naturals.

I'm feel like I'm on the side of the road with my sign and my bag of hair oil. ;) lol

I feel the same way so your not alone on that road

Sooooo glad u said that!!!!

Not glad u feel alone, but dang. I feel like I have nowhere to go.

I love hair. I don't care if it's relaxed or natural.

The relaxed threads are all mad at naturals because they have been "shunned". And i dont blame them because some natural purists are just off the chain in my opinion. anyways.....So I can't go to those threads.

I'm not a natural "purist" so I don't like the natural hair care boards. They have too much hatred for chemically relaxed sisters for my personal taste.

My natural friends are all in the 4b/4c category so they call me "white girl".

The length challenges are all underway for the rest of the year. So I can't start up there yet either.

I just feel like I have nowhere to go anymore to just talk about hair.

I'm whining. Forgive me.

^^sounds like you need to start a new thread for us. Hint hint

ETA: For flexible naturals

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Last edited:
Sooooo glad u said that!!!!

Not glad u feel alone, but dang. I feel like I have nowhere to go.

I love hair. I don't care if it's relaxed or natural.

The relaxed threads are all mad at naturals because they have been "shunned". And i dont blame them because some natural purists are just off the chain in my opinion. anyways.....So I can't go to those threads.

I'm not a natural "purist" so I don't like the natural hair care boards. They have too much hatred for chemically relaxed sisters for my personal taste.

My natural friends are all in the 4b/4c category so they call me "white girl".

The length challenges are all underway for the rest of the year. So I can't start up there yet either.

I just feel like I have nowhere to go anymore to just talk about hair.

I'm whining. Forgive me.

Just the other day I was looking through the threads and thought there is nowhere for me to post. Im not struggling with my natural hair so can't go in that thread, I don't have a twa do I can't go there either smh

Hey all, I typed up a post yesterday and it didn't go through so here goes. I finally took my twists out and washed my hair. I am just over 13 weeks post and loving the feel of my newgrowth. I have about 2 inches so far. I did the Aphogee 2 step then a DC with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm mixed with honey and Giovanni Smooth as Silk. My hair feels so strong and moisturized. I might cowash tonight with SAS tonight after my workout.

(((HUGS)))) to all the flexible naturals. I'll be joining you when this transition is over as I love all hair.

Hey all, I typed up a post yesterday and it didn't go through so here goes. I finally took my twists out and washed my hair. I am just over 13 weeks post and loving the feel of my newgrowth. I have about 2 inches so far. I did the Aphogee 2 step then a DC with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm mixed with honey and Giovanni Smooth as Silk. My hair feels so strong and moisturized. I might cowash tonight with SAS tonight after my workout.

(((HUGS)))) to all the flexible naturals. I'll be joining you when this transition is over as I love all hair.

You are soooooo welcome! Your regimen sounds yummy! Any pics?

Hello everyone,

Not new to hair care or the forum but new to posting :) I am feeling the same way as havilland. I haven't relaxed my hair in almost 2 years and I have no issues, still love admiring relaxed hair, not quite transitioning as I can't imagine cutting all my hair for the sake of calling myself "natural". I feel like I don't fit in :(

^^sounds like you need to start a new thread for us. Hint hint

ETA: For flexible naturals

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Hello everyone,

Not new to hair care or the forum but new to posting :) I am feeling the same way as havilland. I haven't relaxed my hair in almost 2 years and I have no issues, still love admiring relaxed hair, not quite transitioning as I can't imagine cutting all my hair for the sake of calling myself "natural". I feel like I don't fit in :(

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=699355

i done did it......:drunk:

i started a thread for flexible naturals to chat.....

Hi everyone,

I have been transitioning for almost 15 months and no problems so far. PS 90% of the time just works for me.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm deciding to go natural, I'm almost 5 months post-relaxer, never to go back..yayyy...! I was getting tired of the burning and the chemicals...

Back