TRANSITIONING SUX!!!! And I am about to cry!!!!!! So y'all better come in here

audacity.

and give me some encouragement and advice!

I CANNOT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!! I have been trying to remain positive and spiritual about this process, but I think I am at my breaking point!

I don't know how those of you who did the transition without the BC did it, but I am at the point now that I want to relax. I am not going to BC because I refuse to sacrifce my progress and my length to be natural.

But at the same time, I know at some point in my life I will stop relaxing and I figrued 'why not now?'

Now really doesn't seem like the time for me. I just don't think it is my season to transition.

I suppose when I am less vain about my hair and care less about my length, I will transition and BC and be natural then.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW I AM ABOUT TO CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

ETA: For real, has ANYONE successfully transitioned without the BC?????????

Last edited:
Hang in their lady.

We truly understand your plight and most if not all of us who transitioned have gone through and have now seen the light of day.

It is certainly your choice to do whatever you feel necessary for your hair so I won't judge you either way you choose.

May I give a suggestion, such as hide your hair? Not sure how you feel about braids, twists, half wigs, whole wigs weaves or just placing it in a bun until the emotions pass.

Ask those ladies who have transitioned and have a fotki if they would let you know so that you can see what type of hair styles they created while in transition mode.

You can take a look at my fotki to see some of my styles which can be used for transitioning.

I promise it does get better, it just takes a minute. Remember you can't get the hair you want overnight.

Whatever you decide it is all good.

Don't give up!

In the transitioning thread, I have seen several responses where people have transitioned for 2 years. The key is low manipulaion. Buns, Braidouts, Twistouts. Also, think about why you want to go natural. And we have all had those days when transitioning. It gets better. How far along are you?

Maybe I'm the wrong one to come in here and say something, because I just cut all of my hair off again in to a fade. I had some heat damage from earlier this month and just couldn't take it anymore. I grew my hair out natural from last year and now I'm back to square one, but hey, I'm an extremist. I say go head and cut it and start getting to know your natural texture now since it is about to get hot outside! Go for it!

Slap that relaxer in there girl!!! :lachen:

I mistakenly transitioned by crown area for over 3 years by washing and conditioning every day. Doing this, loosened up my hair so much and made it easier to comb. Plus I combed in very small sections.

Well i think mane and chic? is transitioning successfully without BCing there are some threads on it if you do a search. Personally I decided to transition now and I love it...except for when I have to detangle my hair but admittedly I never liked doing it when I was relaxed either it's so much work! But then I think of all the ways I can wear my hair natural and it makes sense for me. If this isn't your time then it isn't your time, but just think of all the hard work you've put in thus far. I've been unintentionally (up to this point) transitioning since last november w/o the BC. Dealing with the two textures is never easy but most of the time my hair is conrowed and I wear a wig until i reach a length I'm comfy with. HTH and hang in there :yep:

I feel your pain. I am BSL and I stretched for 8 months and relaxed. It was too hard and now I regret it so I am trying again. I am no way doing a BC, so I plan to take a couple years to do it. I hope we both make it. It is hard.

Hang in their lady.

We truly understand your plight and most if not all of us who transitioned have gone through and have now seen the light of day.

It is certainly your choice to do whatever you feel necessary for your hair so I won't judge you either way you choose.

May I give a suggestion, such as hide your hair? Not sure how you feel about braids, twists, half wigs, whole wigs weaves or just placing it in a bun until the emotions pass.

Ask those ladies who have transitioned and have a fotki if they would let you know so that you can see what type of hair styles they created while in transition mode.

You can take a look at my fotki to see some of my styles which can be used for transitioning.

I promise it does get better, it just takes a minute. Remember you can't get the hair you want overnight.

Whatever you decide it is all good.

Thank you MsCoCo...I hadn't thought about the braids and such. UGH! So frustrating. I am happy to know that I am not alone.

I will def check out your fotki.

Thank you again!!! ((HUGS))

I'm a 3C & transitioning. I refuse to BC. I'm just over 12 weeks in and have gone without a relaxer for just over 18 weeks prior to this. However, I knew I'd texlax at the end of that 18+ week stretch.

I have not yet come up with many styles for the transition (other than buns & braid outs) but I do plan to do more wash & go styles once I get the hang of it.

I feel your pain. I am BSL and I stretched for 8 months and relaxed. It was too hard and now I regret it so I am trying again. I am no way doing a BC, so I plan to take a couple years to do it. I hope we both make it. It is hard.

Yes PrettyEyes. I hope this is just a passing phase...

Thanks!

Don't give up!

In the transitioning thread, I have seen several responses where people have transitioned for 2 years. The key is low manipulaion. Buns, Braidouts, Twistouts. Also, think about why you want to go natural. And we have all had those days when transitioning. It gets better. How far along are you?

I am doing buns. I am about 13-14 months post.

I am happy to know I am not the only one. I keep telling myself, one more year and it will be all good...

Thank you!

Slap that relaxer in there girl!!! :lachen:

I mistakenly transitioned by crown area for over 3 years by washing and conditioning every day. Doing this, loosened up my hair so much and made it easier to comb. Plus I combed in very small sections.

I CW daily and comb only once per week. I couldn't imagine combing this every day. :nono:

OT: Sorry I don't know how to multi quote...

Well i think mane and chic? is transitioning successfully without BCing there are some threads on it if you do a search. Personally I decided to transition now and I love it...except for when I have to detangle my hair but admittedly I never liked doing it when I was relaxed either it's so much work! But then I think of all the ways I can wear my hair natural and it makes sense for me. If this isn't your time then it isn't your time, but just think of all the hard work you've put in thus far. I've been unintentionally (up to this point) transitioning since last november w/o the BC. Dealing with the two textures is never easy but most of the time my hair is conrowed and I wear a wig until i reach a length I'm comfy with. HTH and hang in there :yep:

Thanks! I loved it too when I first started and was only 4 or 6 or 8 months into it. It wasn't that bad. Here is my NG and this was almost 2 months ago!!!

Texture_2_3_08-vi.jpg

Sorry for the huge pic. I needed yall to see a visual!

Gurl I understand where ur coming from cuz im in that boat right now! I havent relaxed since August 07 and when I took my hair out yesterday from a weave, I was ready to get the relaxer box out! How about you be my support and I'll be yours since I know I need someone to vent to that understands!!! I keep telling myself that in the end, my hair will be healthier!! PM me!!!

I'm a 3C & transitioning. I refuse to BC. I'm just over 12 weeks in and have gone without a relaxer for just over 18 weeks prior to this. However, I knew I'd texlax at the end of that 18+ week stretch.

I have not yet come up with many styles for the transition (other than buns & braid outs) but I do plan to do more wash & go styles once I get the hang of it.

12 weeks was easy peasy for me. I was hoping that it was going to be that easy the whole time, but it is not. :nono:

The worst part is, I've been encouraging others to continue on and now I feel like I cant. I am such a hypocrite!!! :cry2:

Gurl I understand where ur coming from cuz im in that boat right now! I havent relaxed since August 07 and when I took my hair out yesterday from a weave, I was ready to get the relaxer box out! How about you be my support and I'll be yours since I know I need someone to vent to that understands!!! I keep telling myself that in the end, my hair will be healthier!! PM me!!!

Thank you, Dani! A Transitioning buddy...i like that...

You are right--transitioning can really suck. That's what made me stick with it-- I knew I would never do it again! :grin: Actually once I got a routine down (it took about six months) transitioning wasn't hard, and I could have done it for another year. But boy, was I tired of looking busted about the head, so I couldn't wait to finally BC.

I transitioning for a year and a few weeks. I used mostly braidouts (twistouts never worked for me) and buns.

Usually I would braid my hair in sections, use flexirods at the ends, and take down in the morning. I deep conditioned and detangled my hair (in sections) twice weekly.

I do have transitioning photos in a private album--just PM me if you want to see them.

For the record--I didn't hate having short hair as much as I thought I would. I like the styling versatility of longer hair, but detangling and styling was a breeze (and I think I looked cute anyway).

You are right--transitioning can really suck. That's what made me stick with it-- I knew I would never do it again! :grin: Actually once I got a routine down (it took about six months) transitioning wasn't hard, and I could have done it for another year. But boy, was I tired of looking busted about the head, so I couldn't wait to finally BC.

I transitioning for a year and a few weeks. I used mostly braidouts (twistouts never worked for me) and buns.

Usually I would braid my hair in sections, use flexirods at the ends, and take down in the morning. I deep conditioned and detangled my hair (in sections) twice weekly.

I do have transitioning photos in a private album--just PM me if you want to see them.

For the record--I didn't hate having short hair as much as I thought I would. I like the styling versatility of longer hair, but detangling and styling was a breeze (and I think I looked cute anyway).

YES, that is another thing! I am tired of walking around in a nappy bun!!!! Maybe I can do the braidout/flexirod thing. I haven't tried that. I want to get the benefits of the CW (scalp stimulation and added moisture). *sigh*

I will send you a PM.

Thanks!

DenverGirl ... I totally feel your pain. I'm over one year post myself and it definitely gets challenging. I've been dealing with it by hiding my hair in updos (buns, french rolls, clips, claws and the like). Now for me, when my new growth wanna get all sassy on me, I just do an oil rinse on dry hair before my deep conditioner and that really seems to tame the beast.

I'm here for ya girl if you wanna PM me. We transitioners need to stick together.

:yep:

I had to keep my hair in braids and cornrows and stuff...ANYTHING where I couldn't see my hair. I had to BC...because if I didn't, I would have thrown a relaxer in there! But I promise, it's worth it in the end!!!

DenverGirl ... I totally feel your pain. I'm over one year post myself and it definitely gets challenging. I've been dealing with it by hiding my hair in updos (buns, french rolls, clips, claws and the like). Now for me, when my new growth wanna get all sassy on me, I just do an oil rinse on dry hair before my deep conditioner and that really seems to tame the beast.

I'm here for ya girl if you wanna PM me. We transitioners need to stick together.

:yep:

TARA! Thank you for coming in!!! Girl that oil on dry hair overnight IS the bomb!!! that is the most manageable my hair is. I only do that once a week. perhaps i could do that more frequently...

thanks again!!!

I had to keep my hair in braids and cornrows and stuff...ANYTHING where I couldn't see my hair. I had to BC...because if I didn't, I would have thrown a relaxer in there! But I promise, it's worth it in the end!!!

I sure hope so...I love natural hair, and I love my texture, too. I just need one or the other...nappy or straight...

thanks!

I really am going to try.

I had my mind all made up to relax on Friday. I told my mom all about my plan...

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Don't take this the wrong way - LOOK at my HAIR! It would not look this way in a relaxer. Trust me......I am so happy I hung in there........

hang in babe.............

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Don't take this the wrong way - LOOK at my HAIR! It would not look this way in a relaxer. Trust me......I am so happy I hung in there........

hang in babe.............

:) For real, does it get any EASIER??? it is rough up in there.

btw: you hair is swaging, girl!!

TARA! Thank you for coming in!!! Girl that oil on dry hair overnight IS the bomb!!! that is the most manageable my hair is. I only do that once a week. perhaps i could do that more frequently...

thanks again!!!

How do you do that and how much does it help?? I wanna get on board!!!:grin:

Back