TRANSITIONING SUX!!!! And I am about to cry!!!!!! So y'all better come in here

silvergirl comes to mind as someone who has successfully transitioned without the bc (i think she transitioned for 2 years). i recall another poster who transitioned for about 3 years and southerntease has gone for about 1 year (i think) and is still going strong with her transition, imo.

i know it's hard; i only transitioned for 6 months and that wasn't easy. however, it's not impossible. if you truly want to be natural then persevere. like you say, you think you'll be natural at some point down the line should you relax again. why not continue to transition, hold onto the length you've achieved and get long natural hair that much sooner? if you relax now, you're only going to go through this journey at another point down the line (if you truly think you'll be natural at some point) so you'll be starting all over again.

if you're struggling with the two textures then consider the C&G method of putting your hair in a protective style for a couple of month (with breaks, of course) so that you'll not only get good length retention but you won't have to be continually dealing with your own hair.

for many people, the hardest part of the "going" natural is not always growing your natural hair but mentally transitioning. i can be trying sometimes. keep in mind that this is all a learning process and sometimes the end justifies the means :). i hope you stick it out!

thank you!!! i'ma stick it out for sure :yep:

it is definitely mental. i've been through many mental challenges and have made it through. i know that i can't do it alone, so i will def need the support of all of you beautiful ladies who took the time to come and show me some support!

ot: your hair is AMAZING!!!

60 weeks! Dang! LOL.
I can't even imagine being 60 weeks.
Yeah I'm getting some shrinkage too.
These coilies make my hair look shorter and it sucks.
Because I have almost 2" of NG. Hmph.
I think I'm going to try getting a Dominican blowout.
Something has to give.:wallbash:

Fun times in the city :grin:

thank you!!! i'ma stick it out for sure :yep:

it is definitely mental. i've been through many mental challenges and have made it through. i know that i can't do it alone, so i will def need the support of all of you beautiful ladies who took the time to come and show me some support!

ot: your hair is AMAZING!!!

aww thanks so much :D i'm glad you're going to continue to transition!

I'm glad other ladies mentioned MissMarie! It was almost a year ago when I first saw her fotki. I couldn't believe it. She's a great inspiration to transition.

My big challenge has been detangling, even though I do it in the shower under running water with lots of conditioner in my hair. My hair detangled really easily a few weeks ago, but it was really difficult to detangle at the 2 washes I've done since then. I think it's because I didn't use enough conditioner on my NG when I did my DC. This weekend I'm going to really saturate my NG with conditioner and I'll see what happens.

i thought i'd commented already. oh well.

(((((BIG HUG))))

:needhug:

hang in there. i'm 1/3-1/2 of the way through my transition. i'm not going to BC.

YOU CAN DO EEEETTTT!!!!!!!

i hope that you don't relax and you keep transitioning, but whatever you choose, make sure that you will be happy with that choice.

you will be fine, just keep pressing on.

:bighug:

i thought i'd commented already. oh well.

(((((BIG HUG))))

:needhug:

hang in there. i'm 1/3-1/2 of the way through my transition. i'm not going to BC.

YOU CAN DO EEEETTTT!!!!!!!

i hope that you don't relax and you keep transitioning, but whatever you choose, make sure that you will be happy with that choice.

you will be fine, just keep pressing on.

Thank you jenniferohjenny!!!

Back