Transitioners support thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
15 weeks post.
Lord have mercy.
My hair's better than I thought it'd be.
I've got coils and corkscrews going on.
It's crazy. I never knew my hair could do that.
I'm trying to resist the creamy crack.
It's hard...so very hard. :spinning:
But I look at these curls and I hold my ground.
I think I'm going to start doing rollersets and curlformers.
I may ultimately get a sew in or something to hide this hair.

also remember though that you still have the relaxed hair weighing your ng down :yep: my ng is a lot of corkscrews as well but i know my natural texture, and as soon as the relaxed hair is gone, its shrinking right back up into an unidentifiable pattern:lachen:

15 weeks post.
Lord have mercy.
My hair's better than I thought it'd be.
I've got coils and corkscrews going on.
It's crazy. I never knew my hair could do that.
I'm trying to resist the creamy crack.
It's hard...so very hard. :spinning:
But I look at these curls and I hold my ground.
I think I'm going to start doing rollersets and curlformers.
I may ultimately get a sew in or something to hide this hair.

I'm 15 wks post too and my hair is doing alot better than I thought it would. Its crazy b/c when I was like 8 wks post, my hair started and breaking every time I put a comb to it, but as the new growth gets longer and thicker, the breaking has stopped. I hide my hair as well. I keep it braided and wear half wigs. Its definately helping me get through the process. I'm loving my new growth so far and have no plans on relaxing. I'm focusing on hitting the one year mark.

Last edited:
I'm 15 wks post too and my hair is doing alot better than I thought it would. Its crazy b/c when I was like 8 wks post, my hair started and breaking every time I put a comb to it, but as the new growth gets longer and thicker, the breaking has stopped. I hide my hair as well. I keep it braided and wear half wigs. Its definately helping me get through the process. I'm loving my new growth so far and have no plans on relaxing. I'm focusing on hitting the one year mark.

I'm focused on a year too. I noticed I have a lot less breakage.
Also, I noticed I my scalp isn't as dry. Which is very interesting.
I guess because I'm actually moisturizing and sealing with oil. LOL.
Hopefully, we will make it through and have beautiful healthy hair.
:yep:

For some reason when I decided to transition my NG was taking forever to appear. Normally 6 weeks post would look like 6 months. But I have been using Sulu Maxgro for about 2 weeks now, and the NG is starting to roll in. This product better work wonders .. cuz the smell is :nono:

For some reason when I decided to transition my NG was taking forever to appear. Normally 6 weeks post would look like 6 months. But I have been using Sulu Maxgro for about 2 weeks now, and the NG is starting to roll in. This product better work wonders .. cuz the smell is :nono:

Let me know how that works out for you. I bought that stuff and I didn't last a week. My hubby wouldn't come near me with that smell in my head. :nono: It's a shame too because I've heard such great things about how much growth you can get.

Let me know how that works out for you. I bought that stuff and I didn't last a week. My hubby wouldn't come near me with that smell in my head. :nono: It's a shame too because I've heard such great things about how much growth you can get.

Looks like I have to stop using it ... I've been using it for about 2 weeks and now I'm having a terrible outbreak on my forehead :wallbash: ... not sure if it's truly from Sulu but that's the only thing new I've added :nono:

Looks like I have to stop using it ... I've been using it for about 2 weeks and now I'm having a terrible outbreak on my forehead :wallbash: ... not sure if it's truly from Sulu but that's the only thing new I've added :nono:
Sorry to hear that. I did have trouble with it seeping onto my forehead but I never brokeout from it.

OK ladies I am officially in!! AGHHHHH!!! I haven't relaxed since September and I gettin a pretty big chop on Friday (it will be bittersweet). I have seborrheic dermititis so letting go of the chemicals is going to help out a great deal. Talk to you ladies soon!:drunk:

I have a question about transitioning in braids:
I realize you shouldn't put a lot of products in your hair because it can cause buildup at the base of your braid. But I have a scalp that can eat oil in less than a day.

Any recommendations of something I can use to keep my scalp moisturized during this transition?

I currently spray motions leave in conditioner mixed with palmer's evoo every night and every morning my scalp is dry again :wallbash:

Hello There! Ive been transition for about 15 weeks and my protective style has been micros braids.

In i use African Royale braid spray and this keep my hair moisture also i use some QP mango

wash every 2 week with an net over the braids
then apply an conditioner

Well, since someone bumped this thread, I'll use this as an excuse to gloat about my one year transitioning anniversary. Woot! For whatever bizarre reason my hair is 8 million times easier to handle now than it was 6 months ago.

Well, since someone bumped this thread, I'll use this as an excuse to gloat about my one year transitioning anniversary. Woot! For whatever bizarre reason my hair is 8 million times easier to handle now than it was 6 months ago.

Congrats on making it a year!

Hey ladies :wave:

I've been relaxing my hair for over 10 years, and I've transitioned once before but caved in to the creamy crack :spinning: This time, I'm going to transition and for real this time!

Right now I'm 4 weeks post-relaxer. My question is, do you ladies have any ideas of good shampoos and deep conditioners that are sulfate-free, alcohol-free and cones-free as well as REALLY moisturizing?

Congrats!!!

That's great to hear because it was at 6 months that I went back to texturizing/texlaxing. I plan to stay on board this time though!

Congratulations on making it a year!! :yep:

I am trying for the second time to transition. I hope I can do it this time. The detangling got the best of me last time. This time I am trying some new products, so wish me the best.

I'm 19 weeks post ladies.
I still haven't given in. LOL.
I'm beginning to like not having to worry about a relaxer.
I mentioned to a co-worker I had to wash my hair.
She said, "No, you need a perm."
I said, No, I'm growing my hair naturally and getting rid of the relaxed hair.
She said, "Oh..."
I said, My hair comes in as spiral curls.
She said, "Ohhh! That's going to be pretty."
But that kind of led me to think, why does my hair have to come in spirals to be pretty? What if it didnt? Would I be considered any less beautiful?
Then again, I can't listen to her anyway. She's Ear Length and has been since I met her almost a year ago.
Meanwhile I've gone from EL, NL, now to semi-SL (I've got maybe an inch to go) in a year.
Oh well, I tell you about those haters.

just wanted to let you all know that I havent posted in here for a while....because i BC'ed! lol

I made a thread about it but i wanted to come in here and tell u all it was about a month ago. Pics are in my fotki.

just wanted to let you all know that I havent posted in here for a while....because i BC'ed! lol

I made a thread about it but i wanted to come in here and tell u all it was about a month ago. Pics are in my fotki.

Congratulations on the BC! I visted your fotki-- your hair is so beautiful! :yep:

I'm really upset girls. I need help! I'm 8 months post (and was trying for a 16 month transition)
my hair looks retarded out curly, and I can't braid it up (due to work), for some reason it's not holding the pattern when i braidout/twistout, and flatironing all summer long will do major damage....
Any suggestions on how I can cope w/o having to BC?!

CONGRATS!!!!
Your hair looks awesome!!

Just checking back in...
I did a semi bc so im more natural than relaxed. The only part of my hair that is relaxed is my bang. I'm holding out until May then i'm going to cut it off and stick to my daily wash and go.

This is week 68...

After a year and a half on LHCF, I finally have staples and a regimen, and I see some progress (minus one setback)

I've also now KNOW that I won't be relaxing ever again.
Throughout this whole process, I didn't know if I was doing a reallly long stretch :grin: or if I was transitioning..but I know now that I am transitioning until I reach my hair length goal. What that length is, I don't know yet :lachen:but I'll know when I get there, and as long as my hair is healthy in the process, then it will be alright by me.

I'll come back w/ pics, but I rollerset and flatironed my hair this weekend, and you can't tell me my hair doesn't look good today :grin: my ends aren't chewed up like I thought, and I only needed a minor trim, and I won't be trimming again until the summer.

oh...

acv rinses, dr. bronners castile peppermint soap, ms keys 10 en 1, giovanni direct leave in, and ors olive oil hair serum get a huuuge thumbs up from me

I just need to find an every day moisturiizng leave in that won't make my hair revert and I'm set!!

oh, I almost BC'ed this weekend, b/c after my acv rinse, my hair was sooo ready for a great dc...and after I rinsed ms keys 10 en 1 out, my ringlets were gleaming, and seperated and light...that I almost took scissors to it, but I am not yet willing to sacrifice length

Last edited:
I hope it is not to late to join but I am into my second month of transitioning and I am seriously thinking about relaxing. The problem is I had tight cornrows a while back that removed some of my hair on the side. My hair was already fine, and now that I am transitioning I have new growth all over except in that spot. If that hair grows back then that will be fine but it is just fine baby hairs.

My hairdresser advised that if i go natural then the hair in that spot might grow back. Has anyone that has transitioned or is transitioned had this kind of dilemma. Please help, I want my hair to be healthy and if i go natural then I know it will be healthy. What can I do or what should I do?

I am 16 weeks post today, and it has started getting hard for me these past 2 weeks. The NG is really showing out on me right now. I don't have too much of an issue with tangles - it's just BIG. I've been keeping it curly or in braid outs. I admit, I have been sooooo tempted to relax. DH won't let me, and I know if I did that I would regret it. So, I'm trying to hold out. I think I'm going to finally give that coconut milk treatment a try.

Whimsy, what products are you using for your braid-outs? I definitely agree that perm rods on the ends help, or even flexirods.

Back