Transitioners Club

Re:Congrats All Transitioners

Hey Adrian,
Girl, I have these "curly curls" going on also. I'm thinking once the front (new growth) reaches mid forehead, I may cut off the relaxed ends to create bangs. Yeah, I know it'll look weird having "natural" bangs with mixed strands, but i don't care.

I'm sooooo in love with my natural hair
love.gif
trampoline.gif

Re:

Hi everybody!!
wave.gif
It's my first post here
blush.gif
. Ok, to make a story long short, I'm transitioning since November 2002. My first perm was when I was something like 3 years old and I'll turn on 16 on Semptember. Actually, I never enjoyed my real hair
frown.gif
. I wear either braids extension or conrows and I plan to chop on December. Hey! I want to be a member too of the transioner club!
Bye
-xox-
rosebud.gif

Re:

I salute all you ladies that transitioned
notworthy.gif
I tried to go that route 2 years ago and failed miserably. I also did not know much about my hair 2 years ago. In general, in my culture, the minute they see curly or wavy new growth they act like it is a sin so my hair dresser always convinced me to relax. But I luved my own natural texture. I wish I could go natural 100%. I started texturizing in the last couple of months to try to keep some of my own natural texture.

Peachtree, you go girl! That's is a big step with all that beautiful hair you have but I am sure it will be worth it
smile.gif

Re:

I'm joining the club, I decided to go natural because I'm experiencing more breakage then I should and also my temple areas are thinning and I beleive it is the chemicals. It's going to be a hard road I know this but I'm willing to do anything to save my hair. Also, what do you guys use to keep your edges smooth. All suggestions will be appreciated.

Re:

Welcome!
wave.gif

Fantasia IC gel is nice for control. If you want tame, shine, slick type of control, I suggest Let's Jam or Fantasia Ice Pomade.

Re:

welcome to the club, Lee.
I keep my edges smooth by applying a little gel and pomade and putting on a scarf....i.e. the gel and scarf trick. Also, if you keep your hair moisturized, you will notice that your new growth will get easier and easier to manage. As it grows out and the edges aren't so close to relaxed hair, it lays down a lot easier. Hard to explain, but you'll see what I mean!

Re:

Ign me up for the transitioners club because I have been going natural since April 2003. I haver lot's of new growth and plan to have at least one inch above my bra or bra strap lenght by Feb. of 2004.

Re:

[ QUOTE ]
I haver lot's of new growth and plan to have at least one inch above my bra or bra strap lenght by Feb. of 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
woaah.. that's some goal. do you plan on keeping the relaxed endz?

Joining in

I'm new.
newbie.gif

My last relaxer was 6/20/03 and this is a long time without a touch up for me. Ususally I only can go 4-5 weeks. I have 4b wiry hair that hasn't been natural since I was 8 [and I'm 27 now]. I was going to see if I can recapture my fro
smile.gif

I hate wearing braids and cornrows so I don't think I will transition long. I had my husband do a 'mini-chop' last night and buzzed my tangly stringy kitchen area to 1/4" and I like it! It was already so broken off and nasty this looks way better. The rest of by hair is just above the shoulder after a haircut in June, prior to that it was at my shoulder blades.
I plan to sport a TWA by the middle to end of September. I'll need some suppport though so count me in.

wave.gif

Re: Joining in

Hey Trinette! I'm sure you can transition effectively w/ out braids/cornrows...or even wigs. Best of luck w/ getting that TWA by next month.. that's a good goal and I wish you the best. Don't Speak Defeat....

Welcome Trinette. I wish you all the luck on your transitioning. Glad you have a husband that is supportive in your transitioning journey! You will do just fine!

Help. I'm about to backslide.
frown.gif

Are any of you getting tangles? Even the Infusium couldn't help me out. After I washed my hair last night, I had so many tangles I ended up ripping them out because of my lack of patience. Even my mother was surprised at how much hair I lost.
nono.gif

That's it...I'm in the transitioning club
clap.gif
My last relaxed was in June. I have about 2in of new growth and I'm comtemplating on getting braids. I love my how my hair looks when it's natural. Plus I love big hair period and that's not something that can be accomplished w/ a perm. So right now I have what you would call a curly afro. But the thing is I know that once my hair hits my shoulders I am going to be so tempted
confused.gif
to get a perm.

Hey Karonica
I'm not sure how long you've been using Infusim but it always tangles my hair. I just wanted to say keep up the good work and don't give up. I forgot who posted it but I added evoo to my conditioner and it helped alot.
grin.gif

The first 3-4 months were the hardest for me. I thought I was growing shag carpet instead of hair! Daily cond washes have made tangles almost a thing of the past for me. Before that, pre shampoo oil treatments helped a lot.

Hello ladies

i was transistioning for about a year and I just cut off all my permed hair last week Im still wearing braids cause I want more length but Im soooo glad I did it

My hair is soo much thicker and healthier now..

Ladies stick to it!

Karonica, have you tried Biolage Leave-In Tonic? And do you comb your conditioner through in the shower? A big difference for me was parting my hair down the middle and washing/conditioning both sides separately. That cut down the tangles a lot. I comb through my conditioner and also comb it as I'm rinsing. Now when I get out of the shower, it's mostly detangled. FYI - I have about 4 inches of new growth.

Hi Karonica
wave.gif
, I am not in transition anymore but I know what you went through. It was hard work detangling the hair but you have to expect that when you are transitioning. At this point it will either be a make or break descisiion for most ladies transitioning to see if they will carry on.

But if you notice, it's not the natural hair thats tangling, it the relaxed hair that doing it. As sassygirl suggested, pre shampoo treatments are great and CON washes should help also.

I also think you should do a brush out in the shower. Use a denman brush (the one's witht the little balls on the end) they are really good for detangling. I use a brush like that and it really helps in taking out tangles.

Don't give up girl. It is hard in the begining but it does get easier. Trust me
wink.gif

Good luck to all transitioners
bouncy.gif

Back