Too many men!!!!!!!

blessed

I just wanted to know I am the only one who has more male friends then female friends. I wish I could find someone female friends but things always come up that break us up:sad:. I have always been the girl that was close to her brother and male cousins but lately it has begun to bother me. I have tons of male friends that I treat like brothers we have been friends for years and most of them have never seemed interested in me. So we've been able to chill and go out with no romantic feelings but sometimes I want to go out with a female ( you know that sister moment thing) I feel like I will never meet a guy/ boyfriend because most people think I am already dating because I have so many guys around me. I guess I am just venting a little and want to know does anyone feel this way sometimes.

Sweetie, I have the exact opposite...Im ok with the girls ( although you cant trust so many of them ) but I could never land too many male platonic friends. I always envyed the girl who had a click of her homeboys that watched out for her, could tell her if a dude was for real or if he was just spitting game. Now that I have a boyfriend who is my friend and so much more, I realize just how cool it is to have a man in your life with out sime of the drama that women can create. They're protective, complicated teddy bears! But I digress, seriously count it as a blessing that you are able to have such great relationships with these men, I can almost guarentee you that they are more likely to be sincere. Dont get me wrong, Women can give you great a fullfilling relationships, but I have found that you really have to have a personality click in addition to characteristics that you value the most....loyalty, honesty, etc. because it hurts like heck to feel you have a friend to the end and then they pull the rug from out under you by backstabbing or lying....there are soooo many painstaking ways that people can do that. Pray for God to bring high quality women into your lives that you can share an awesome relationship with! This way, the relationships can foster so much more than just companionship in your life, but a useful network, divine favor, wisdom, an extended family, etc. I'll pray for you before I go to bed!!! You will be fine Blessed, just watch out for rotten apples and expose yourself to more women in your community. Work, church, or maybe through a hobby that you can take the time out to do. Have faith!

I was like that when I was single. I had mostly male friends. Just couldn't make a girlfriend relationship work.

Maybe you could start going out more alone.

I realize just how cool it is to have a man in your life with out sime of the drama that women can create. They're protective, complicated teddy bears!

I am really grateful :yep:to have so many protective and trustworthy men around. Your right I really don't miss the cattiness :catfight:that I have always felt in my relationships with females. There is always some type of drama and I hate drama so I kind of get turn off by it.

I just think sometimes being around guys all the time; potential dates don’t know whether or not to approach me because they don’t know if that’s my brother cousin or boyfriend. I do now find myself talking loudly:look: so people know the relationship between me and the guy I am with .

I was like that when I was single. I had mostly male friends. Just couldn't make a girlfriend relationship work.

Maybe you could start going out more alone.

I do go out a lot by myself but you know sometimes you just want to hang with someone( well that’s the problem because I only have a group of guys to hang out with -besides hanging with my mom[ which I have to do in moderation]).

But thanks ladies for your responses because I was beginning to think something was wrong with me or that people judged me because of this

Sweetie, I have the exact opposite...Im ok with the girls ( although you cant trust so many of them ) but I could never land too many male platonic friends. I always envyed the girl who had a click of her homeboys that watched out for her, could tell her if a dude was for real or if he was just spitting game.

I am the same way. I feel your pain, though.

haha...

I'm laughing that you don't miss the cattiness. I hang around a slew of guys. I really don't know what it's like to be around a whole bunch of women. Honestly, I've always been jealous of women who have lots of girlfriends. :perplexed

This is an email exchange between my fiance and his best friend (also one of my best friends) when they planned a boating trip and my fiance backed out:

start at bottom...bottom one is from my fiance's best friend and top one is his response. and believe me they are BEST friends.

So do they get all catty and bicker...heck yeah. I about died when my fiance forwarded this email to me.

RE: YEAH THANKS
Sent:
Wed 7/18/07 9:27 PM

To:

almost felt bad but for all the many and i mean many times you've made plans and backed out over and over again on me..on me and buds and u..on me and alicia and u...on me on me on me...on wade. on girl friends..on me...on buc on me...so my very few back outs dont' even come close to scratch your surface of backing out...so now u know a small tiny little spec of the taste u do over and over to everyone...xoxoxoox u suck p.s yah u suck

To:​
Subject: YEAH THANKS​
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:38:57 -0400​
JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU FOR BAILING ON THE BOAT TRIP...BUT HEY THANKS FOR TELLING ME ****ER,YOUR GURL HAD TO TO TELL ME OH MY LOSER BOYFRIEND DOESN'T WANT TO GO SO I GUESS WE'RE NOT GOING...SO NOW IT'S NOT HAPPENING...$50 A PERSON AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE FUN THEN ANY OF US HAVE HAD ALL SUMMER.....BETTER THEN STUPID ****ING GOLF IN WHICH I FOUND OUT YOU REALLY SUC AT!.....BUT THANKS FOR RUINING SOMETHING THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BLAST!!!!
SO NOW THAT THERE ISN'T ENOUGH PEOPLE TO GO I GUESS I'LL BE GETTING A ROOM UPTOWN AND GETTING SMASHED...HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND FOCKER

But I get what you're sayin.

Last edited:
Blessed,

I hear u, I hear u, I hear u. I have tons of male frineds and just wish I had one real close female friend in the same locale as me. Someone to hang out with and do girlie things with. Would be great. My closest female friend is in Atlanta and I'm in the UK.

I get so jealous when I see those adverts on TV when you see the girls hanging out and giggling on the sofa.

Oh well. One day I guess.

I have always had more guy friends than girl friends. With my girl friends I find the relationship harder to maintain, except the ones that are very similar to me in nature...

O well

Blessed,

I hear u, I hear u, I hear u. I have tons of male frineds and just wish I had one real close female friend in the same locale as me. Someone to hang out with and do girlie things with. Would be great. My closest female friend is in Atlanta and I'm in the UK.

I get so jealous when I see those adverts on TV when you see the girls hanging out and giggling on the sofa.

Oh well. One day I guess.
I guess that why I like watching "sex and the city and girlfriends" so much huh???

i've had majority male friends all my life. any females i know are flaky and their only in my face when they don't have a man. and dudes are cool but sometimes SO do get jelious(sp). And yeah its sucks if you wanna go out and do simple things like shop cause ole dude aint gonna be up in vicky secret helping you pick out bras So i defently feel your fustration on the matter

Last edited:
Back