TO PEOPLE THAT CENSOR THEIR FACE PICS

poookie

just a question..

i 100% understand why people block out their faces in pictures. don't want boo to know you're putting yourself out there online; want to maintain privacy, don't want people to know just how into your hair you really are (just kidding! lol) etc.

but to those that only censor PART of their faces...

why do you block out just your eyes, and not the rest of your face?

sure everyone has different eyes, but wouldn't it make more sense to block out your entire face?

i've been wondering this for a while :look:

just for safety's sake, those that censor should consider blotting out your whole face; nose, mouth, and all. many people have distinctive facial features that, even with the eyes in a picture covered, still makes them identifiable.

just wanted to toss this out there so you guys don't get :abducted:

*nod*

Oh yeah! Blanking out just my eyes wouldn't make a danggone bit of difference - if you've seen me smile in a picture, I'm almost instantly identifiable... :lol:

This never made any sense to me either...just like when someone puts on shades in an attempt to hide their identity as well :cool:...I mean really, who do they honestly believe wouldn't recognize them? :ohwell:

Sometimes the hair shot may be a good one, but the eyes could be looking crazy or something.

just a question..

but to those that only censor PART of their faces...

why do you block out just your eyes, and not the rest of your face?

sure everyone has different eyes, but wouldn't it make more sense to block out your entire face?

i've been wondering this for a while :look:

just for safety's sake, those that censor should consider blotting out your whole face; nose, mouth, and all. many people have distinctive facial features that, even with the eyes in a picture covered, still makes them identifiable.

just wanted to toss this out there so you guys don't get :abducted:

I can only speak for myself......but the reason I only show partial of my face is because I'm not hiding my identity from people that know me...You see my friends would know the back of my head if they saw it....They visit my Fotki and my Blog......What I don't want is my face used inappropriately by some pervert......Not to mention my friend is dealing with Cyber Stalking ...and that's scary!!! I just don't trust strangers......

I can only speak for myself......but the reason I only show partial of my face is because I'm not hiding my identity from people that know me...You see my friends would know the back of my head if they saw it....They visit my Fotki and my Blog......What I don't want is my face used inappropriately by some pervert......Not to mention my friend is dealing with Cyber Stalking ...and that's scary!!! I just don't trust strangers......

Ahhh, that's an interesting - and good - point.

:yep: I never thought of the 'crazyeye' thing either - there are a couple of hair pics that I can use now that I've started censoring that I wouldn't even let my momma see before! :lol:

I censor because I don't like the way I look. All my hair photo's are from the eyes up and they are closed. Im not photogenic.

Last edited:
I censor because I don't like the way I look. All my hair photo's are from the eyes up and they are closed. Im not photogenic. Plus, when I smile my eyes look like they are closed. I do have some pics in my fotki (hats section) where I covered my eyes, but you can see the rest of my ugly face.

Girl..... Nothing God makes is ugly..........Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....Love yourself girl........and I looked at your fotki and what I see Is a beautiful young lady!!!!!!!!:yep:

Back