THIS SITE IS RUINING MY LIFE....

mahogany_horizons

Sike, this site is so addictive. I signed up almost a year ago, but I never REALLY REALIZED how addictive it was until today. I wasted 3 hours on here LOL. HELP!! I gotta go ya'll LOL.

LOL, I've been on here for a month and I'm starting to notice I spend wayyyy to much time on here. Oh well, Admitting you have a problem is the first step....... Just Playin!!!

:lol: That's too funny, because I was just sitting here thinking that I need to get off this computer and go do some laundry. I can't tear myself away for some reason this evening.

I know what you mean. This is my first week on. I don't want to go to bed. I'm on all night. I'm sleepy at work and can't wait to get home to sign back on. I don't even want my husband talking to me. But I've learned so much. I hope my hair can go the distance this time. Anyway, I love the site. I just need to figure out how to upload my pictures!

LOL! Don't think of it as ALL of your time wasted :nono: Especially if you take advantage of some of the very helpful information on some of the other forums (Health/Fitness, Career Development) for example :yep: ...or am I just making excuses??

Im cosigning. Im addicted but today i purchased my LAST product. I've been on here for a little less than a month and I have to tear myself away to study.

I just said this outloud about 2 hours ago while on the site. I looked at the clock and said.... "It's official... I'm addicted." I shook my head, looked at the clock again, and continued to the next post.

LOL! Don't think of it as ALL of your time wasted :nono: Especially if you take advantage of some of the very helpful information on some of the other forums (Health/Fitness, Career Development) for example :yep: ...or am I just making excuses??

thanks for making me feel better about my addiction lady :) I do occasionally hop over to the health and fitness board!

I took 2 breaks myself (first one i did for myself, and the other I did involuntarily-my folks didn't have internet), and it killed me. I am addicted and it is sad. But i try to set limits for myself. I feel like i need to be studying the word of God the same as the way i be on LHCF. That's where my problem comes in at. I should be putting Him first.

Ladies, I feel you, I'm on here a lot, but I either print or write down the information I need, I somewhat I already know what works for me, but I like to give the new ladies some advice.....but when I start my ayurvedic regimen I'm going to take a long break.......but better to be addictive to this than anything else!

PASSION not addiction....so have fun!

This is a very fast paced forum and I love it! Almost seems like realtime chat. Since I can't find "offline" people to talk hair with or get support from, this is a Godsend!!! It is community, friendship, and education rolled into one. I love to hear all the stories and share stories and meeting new people. So this is right up my alley. I don't see it as an addiction or a bad thing. :rolleyes:

But actually ahem...we are passionate. Addiction is to be dependent on a drug, etc. Obsession is to become preoccupied constantly by a person or thing. The first person is addicted to drugs and the other is obsessed with a rock star.

Or
Obsession: an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone
Quirk: Peculiar habit, mannerism or aspect of character.
Habit: Behavior pattern acquired by frequent repetition.
Passion: Strong desire or devotion to something.
Addiction: being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming (especially alcohol or narcotic drugs)

Now if you are not eating, spending time with offline family or friends, not sleeping for days. Now that might be an issue. :grin::nono: Especially if your sig other/partner is wanting sex and you are like "Later honey I got to finish this post on LHCF" HA! Now I know that would NEVER happen with me. :lachen: I mean really that would never happen with me. :lick:

Shoot if you are having fun like I am...I am going to enjoy while I can. So you have permission to stay up late, be here for hours... lol

TQ

I called myself taking a little break from the forum and it actually worked. Then I came back and am on here more than I ever was before.:wallbash: I find myself reading posts well into the night when I should be sleeping. One time I said I would go to sleep once I read this last thread in the hair forum then I just wandered over to the relationship forum. Needless to say I didn't get offline for another couple of hours.:grin:

I called myself taking a little break from the forum and it actually worked. Then I came back and am on here more than I ever was before.:wallbash: I find myself reading posts well into the night when I should be sleeping. One time I said I would go to sleep once I read this last thread in the hair forum then I just wandered over to the relationship forum. Needless to say I didn't get offline for another couple of hours.:grin:

(Bolded) - me too!!! I am so glad this is not a drug!!!!

Sike, this site is so addictive. I signed up almost a year ago, but I never REALLY REALIZED how addictive it was until today. I wasted 3 hours on here LOL. HELP!! I gotta go ya'll LOL.

Me too! I'm supposed to be cleaning my house, but I've been on here (and others) for the past several hours.

Can't put it off any longer, I NEED to clean my bathroom. Besides the usual touchups during the week, I don't feel it's "clean" until I mop. It's been a week, so.... off I go.

My nephew lives w/me and I get mad when I come home from work.... and he's on the computer doing his homework :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: That means I can't get on... until he's done... doing whatever he needs to on the computer... I can't get mad at him.. b/c it's for school.. :nono: But Lord knows I want to kick him off!!!!

Now that's bad!

I think it gets better with time though. The desire to comb for two hours wanes to just checking in for ten minutes here and there.

I think the two hour bug hit me in the beginning. Where I was so fascinated with all the info I was getting.

Now it's a little better where I'll check in to see what's up with y'all, check a few pms and post if I have a question and leave. Only when I'm researching a particular item, or when something new and interesting pops up will I do a million searches!

I am SOOO with you ladies! I spent a LOT of time on here! A LOT! I dont have to work tomorrow for MLK day and aside from the gym at 5am.....I can't wait to come home, DC my hair under the dryer (so I can be online) and then......well...spend the day on here. DH will be at work, I did all my shopping and errands today.....so I can play on LHCF all day! Goodness. I have even accessed it on my blackberry!

Hilarious! :lachen:

I was wondering the same thing earlier! I am SO ADDICTED to this site! I spend more time browsing the threads than I do actually looking for a job. At least I'm not the only one!! :drunk:

Maybe we should do a poll to see how much time everyone spends on this site everyday! I would definitely be in the 3 hour range! :nono: I know I know... I should get a LIFE!

I so know what you mean. I spent about 8 or so hours reading up on so many threads as I prepared for the new year. I got no other work done, but I did learn so much and I am ready to get long healthy hair and be healthy and sexy in '09

:lol: That's too funny, because I was just sitting here thinking that I need to get off this computer and go do some laundry. I can't tear myself away for some reason this evening.

Well, if you do manage to get off the comp, come do my laundry b/c i too can not tear myself off this laptop!!!!!!!!!! :lachen:

And laundry NEEDS to be done by tuesday night

...i still have time :rolleyes:

While viewing at home, I always make a note of what time I start. I limit myself to one or two threads. If there's a long one, then I don't read it all in one setting. I just read so many pages, then I stop. I try to limit myself to one hour at the most, and I don't even turn on my home computer every day.

I have a lot of threads that are bookmark. I read them, especially the long ones, at work when it's slow--just to kill time.

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel :yep: It's similar to my past addiction with The Sims :spinning: I would be on it for hours and not even know that I was until I saw that the sun had set, and squirrels and birds were packing it in for the night...

Back