This section is NOT about race!!!!

Prettyeyes

I think people are free to talk about race if they choose. I prefer not to very often. I come to this section to discuss Hair Care Tips and Product Reviews ! I don't come here to talk about race! And that's my vent. I think this section is to discuss hair! Race threads should be in the Off topic section IMO. Not trying to offend anyone, just being honest.

What a silly thing to say and you have never even seen me, nor do you know what race I am. See how dumb this is?

I'm kidding just like the thread. Oh snap. You're spazzing for real. I don't care how you look.:look: I will leave you to talk to yourself. Good day!:lol:

I think I know what thread you speak of and if so it's just a joke :)

But to the contrary, I think that race does have a small place (hey I just made a rhyme :giggle:) on this side too.

I don't think race threads are wrong they just aren't in the right section and that's all.

That joke would only be funny if looking mixed was inherently a good thing and I didn't look that way. Since neither of those is the case it was just silly and rude.

I don't think race threads are wrong they just aren't in the right section and that's all.

That joke would only be funny if looking mixed was inherently a good thing and I didn't look that way. Since neither of those is the case it was just silly and rude.

That's exactly what is being made fun of the fact that some people think being considered "mixed" makes you better than others. It's not saying it's inherently a good thing, but how silly it is. Like you have to claim to be black mixed with __insert whatever here__ to be beautiful.

Good point. I actually think the thread was directed at me and a few others (since a comment was made on my thread) but here's the thing...I know you paid 6.50 and all but it's a message board, dude. It's not that serious. Log off and these boards will probaly be buried this time tomorrow. Woo, woo, woo Woo, woo, woo

Don't let this mess offend you. :bighug:Do you want some M&M's?

Then why let it bother you? There are plenty of hair threads you can visit. I pay attention to the threads I wanna read. We all have that choice. I don't think you should allow something on the internet to offend you. We're all grown here, it was clearly a joke...no need to be dramatic.

Good point. I actually think the thread was directed at me and a few others but here's the thing...I know you paid 6.50 and all but it's a message board, dude. It's not that serious. Log off and these boards will probaly be buried this time tomorrow. Woo, woo, woo Woo, woo, woo

Yes, yes I do :yep: I can eat the heck out of some m & m's :drool: You have the one's with peanuts or are they plain?

Good point. I actually think the thread was directed at me and a few others but here's the thing...I know you paid 6.50 and all but it's a message board, dude. It's not that serious. Log off and these boards will probaly be buried this time tomorrow. Woo, woo, woo Woo, woo, woo

Don't let this mess offend you. :bighug:Do you want some M&M's?[/]quote]
Yes, yes I do :yep: I can eat the heck out of some m & m's :drool: You have the one's with peanuts or are they plain?

Peanuts!!! I'm killing my diet but they are so worth it!

I agree. It was not funny it was ignorant. Just as fat jokes would be to fat people or short jokes to short people. We as a people have not learned to love ourselves so to think that being thought of as something other than what you are is a good think AND thinking it funny is just another sign of self hate.

Good point. I actually think the thread was directed at me and a few others (since a comment was made on my thread) but here's the thing...I know you paid 6.50 and all but it's a message board, dude. It's not that serious. Log off and these boards will probaly be buried this time tomorrow. Woo, woo, woo Woo, woo, woo

You dare to mention M&M's in front of a pregnant woman? I want! I want! :D

I agree. It was not funny it was ignorant. Just as fat jokes would be to fat people or short jokes to short people. We as a people have not learned to love ourselves so to think that being thought of as something other than what you are is a good think AND thinking it funny is just another sign of self hate.
I think a lot of people are quite annoyed by being asked if we are mixed so her thread to me was totally tongue in cheek (but what do I know?).

:huh::huh::huh:

Back