This section is NOT about race!!!!

It's a board for women of color. Our hair IS tied in with our race. Such threads are usually not off topic.

I agree that they can get pretty annoying. However, if I'm that annoyed I just choose not to go into those threads.

So it's fine if white people make fun of things also.
Is anyone offended by this site
http://blackpeopleloveus.com/
She probably is sensitive to certain race issues and would like some relief somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...

Because of the title, I thought I clicked wrong and I thought I was in off topic by mistake.

Anyhow, kumbayah...can't we all just get along.

Ohh, I will take one of each color M & M. I am very picky so put them on the table so that I can get only the ones I really want.

Really I'm proud of whom I am. Even if I am mixed with Indian and branded with my grandparents slave masters name. I love to laugh DH was shaking his head. Please that dang hair board.

Last edited:
So it's fine if white people make fun of things also.
Is anyone offended by this site
http://blackpeopleloveus.com/

What the hell... I cant stand certain things. Im thru with that...

But about the subject at hand... I dont have long hair and I get the question alot. Its not a outlandish question. So many people are mixed now-a-days it seems like its a question in small talk.I think the thread was a vent to show that they are proud to have their long hair and it not be due to good hair genes from other races... it was hard work and dedication...

The topic was do people think your mixed cause your light... it was about the LENGTH of your hair. It wasnt meant to be offensive. just another topic to keep people entertained.

I guess some people don't appreciate/get satire. Read The Onion much? The point in satire is not that you think X is good, it's that you're making fun of people who think X is good. It's generally a comical way to examine social and political issues. And like someone said, since this is a board marketed for hair care for women of color, seems all appropriate to me.

Last edited:
just because she doesn't think racism or color issues are funny don't all jump on her.
good grief.
everyone is different.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE FACT.

just because she doesn't think racism or color issues are funny don't all jump on her.
good grief.
everyone is different.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE FACT.
I agree. Some people can take things lightly while others can't. When i saw the other thread, i already knew what it was, but it may not be that way for others. The thread is still funny though :giggle:

I agree. Some people can take things lightly
while others can't. When i saw the other thread, i already knew what it was, but it may not be that way for others. The thread is still funny though :giggle:
yeah it is funny, I enjoyed the wit.

What is the reason for this thread?? It is silly to request people of color not to discuss race when it is apparent in our daily lives.

Actually that post was right on target. When I was bsl people either thought I had a weave or that I was mixed with some other race. Because I have a brown skin tone, I got more of the "weave comments". It must be something personal because she put the race part on high beam. This too shall pass. :bighug:

Since I've been a member of this board, over the years I've learned one thing - not to take anything on here seriously..... except for hair. :lol:

lol the problem at hand is that race should not be in the hair forum, but er um, sorry to burst the bubble, it a hair forum for women of color. so umm those two topics are related and intermingle homie. all threads have titles so er um, if you dont wanna read it, don't.

so yeah, i like me some nuts. can i get some m&ms? but i love my blackness so only gimme the brown ones.

Did you ladies see? The OP PrettyEyes said she would take some m&m's! Yea! M&M's for all :grin:

Good for you PrettyEyes, just reach into the candy dish & relieve some stress! :grouphug:

Back