Thinking about relaxing....I want style!

Nola Darling

I never considered relaxing until LHCF. But I'm really thinking about it. I want a really tight hair cut but I don't feel like it can be done being natural.

I've been natural since 99. Never thought I'd go back but I dunno....

Any naturals here wear presses with nice hair cuts?? This summer humidity is really getting me down. My styles will not last out the door to save my life:nono: And I'm not ballin' like that to go pro on a regular basis.

HELP!

I just wanna say that I think it's awesome that you've been natural since '99!

The heat makes us all wanna do crazy things to our hair. I always ask myself, "Will I feel like this in the fall?"

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be beautiful. You have to make sure to post pics.

My only advice (I know I'm not a natural, I'm sorry) is that if you go short, relaxed, get some layers! About 1.5 years ago my hair was between ear and chin length and I had fierce, full layers! It looked a little different every time I styled it (kind of like it had it's own personality). I loved that cut and sometimes miss it...

i would try getting a full weave and a style with the cut you want
if you love it then go ahead and relax but if u dont then u can always stay natural

ive sweat out relaxers too:yep:

i would try getting a full weave and a style with the cut you want
if you love it then go ahead and relax but if u dont then u can always stay natural

ive sweat out relaxers too:yep:

yup, after 10 weeks my relaxed hair has to be bunned b/c the roots take ova!

They are little spirals and they won't be made to lay down.

If you want to relax your hair, I think you should do it!
Side note, is it just me, or do we look alike? :spinning:

Yes, we do look similar! Haha!

I changed my mind, lol. I figured out how to keep it straight. I just wrap it really tight at night and use sweet almond oil in the morning to keep the fluff down. Also, I don't take my hair down WAY after I have gotten out of the shower and not right after. That helps ALOT!

I will be also relaxing. My first intent was to stretch, then I thought about transitioning. Well, I am going back to my original plan, to strech. DH won't be happy, but OH WELL!:perplexed I love my short cut. I'm still gonna grow it out, but I like my own hair better!:yep:

In regards to you, don't let the summer heat sidetrack you. Also, do what you feel. It's hair!:look:

Back