Thinking about blowdrying my hair for a huge twisout or braidout....

Is IC Hair Polisher Heat Protecting Serum ok?

• Yes

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • No, I don't like it (Please suggest something else).

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I don't know... never tried it (Please suggest something else)

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Don't blow dry your hair!!!! (hahaha!!!)

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

MummysGirl

... what are your thoughts on IC Hair Polisher Heat Protecting Serum?

:hiya:

I was really inspired by CurlyChronicles' (youtube) twistout on blowdried hair results and I want to try it out too...

I have almost a year's worth of new growth and I :love: my braidouts/twistouts on airdried hair but I've noticed they're starting to look 'less big' (probably because of more shrinkage with more new growth?) and I love big hair.
I don't use direct heat on my hair cos I'm scared :perplexed and I haven't really felt the need to.... but now I'm tempted to try this new method.

What do you think of this product just for blowdrying? I don't plan to flat iron so I'm thinking I might not need anything more as a heat protectant but I have no experience with heat protectants...

Thanks in Advance :)

Attachments

• Fantasia%20IC%20Hair%20Polisher%20Heat%20Protector%20Straightening%20Serum.png
    Fantasia%20IC%20Hair%20Polisher%20Heat%20Protector%20Straightening%20Serum.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 4
I use it and I think it's fine for you to use just blow drying your hair.
In BlackMasterPiece's Maxiglide thread, she alternates the serum and the spray to flat iron.

I tried it once and it was a little too heavy for me. I guess it worked well as heat protectant though.

I know you said you've tried twist outs on dry hair, but have you banded it first? I like to do this before I put twists in. No heat required. If you do decide to blow dry first I'm sure it will turn out nicely.

Hi Mummy!

I use this serum every time I blowdry or flatiron and I love it!

I don't use heat often because I feel my hair can't take it very well. The last time I did flatiron I was rather heavy handed with this product and this resulted in no breakage or splits at all, which is so rare for me.

By the way, I use a ceramic tourmaline hairdryer, and I believe this also makes a difference..

Thanks :grin: I don't have that much new growth to band... yet. I wish :)

I airdry my hair in 3-4 ponytails which stretches out my new growth. I have a lot of shrinkage.

I think banding will be the best thing for me when I'm all natural cos I can't deal with worrying about damaging my fine strands every time I blow dry. Blowdrying will be a treat :yep:

I tried it once and it was a little too heavy for me. I guess it worked well as heat protectant though.

I know you said you've tried twist outs on dry hair, but have you banded it first? I like to do this before I put twists in. No heat required. If you do decide to blow dry first I'm sure it will turn out nicely.

Thank you :grin:
I use it and I think it's fine for you to use just blow drying your hair.
In BlackMasterPiece's Maxiglide thread, she alternates the serum and the spray to flat iron.

:hiya:
I don't use heat at all cos I feel my fine strands can't deal with it very well :nono:
I just bought a ceramic hairdryer, not sure if it's tourmaline (I'll check when I'm home).
Thank you!
Hi Mummy!

I use this serum every time I blowdry or flatiron and I love it!

I don't use heat often because I feel my hair can't take it very well. The last time I did flatiron I was rather heavy handed with this product and this resulted in no breakage or splits at all, which is so rare for me.

By the way, I use a ceramic tourmaline hairdryer, and I believe this also makes a difference..

I think I will :grin:
i've heard great things about that product,
Go for it

Thanks so much ladies :grin:

I had my friend buy me a bottle yesterday (after doing some searches here) but I wanted to ask again :)lachen:) so I'd know if I should return it.

When I blowdry (and twistout or braidout), get ready for a pic heavy thread :lachen:

Thanks so much ladies :grin:

I had my friend buy me a bottle yesterday (after doing some searches here) but I wanted to ask again :)lachen:) so I'd know if I should return it.

When I blowdry (and twistout or braidout), get ready for a pic heavy thread :lachen:
I am so glad that you created this post, MummysGirl. I have been staring at your twist out and love it. Everytime that I attempt a twist out, my hair comes out frizzy. What am I doing wrong???????? I thought about blowdrying my hair first and then attempting a twist out. I am 34 weeks post and the shrinkage is one thing but the frizz is always there. Any suggestions ladies?? Thanks.

Thank you :grin:

Do you do your twists on dry hair? What product do you use while twisting?

I usually do my flat twists/cornrows on almost (80%) dry hair and I apply lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol to each section before twisting/braiding... (I think you need some sort of styling cream so your hair can be smooth/not frizzy). When taking them out, I continuously dip my finger tips in my shea butter mix and take the twists/braids out carefully to avoid frizz.

HTH!!!

I explained it a little more here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=9221886

I am so glad that you created this post, MummysGirl. I have been staring at your twist out and love it. Everytime that I attempt a twist out, my hair comes out frizzy. What am I doing wrong???????? I thought about blowdrying my hair first and then attempting a twist out. I am 34 weeks post and the shrinkage is one thing but the frizz is always there. Any suggestions ladies?? Thanks.

Last edited:
You should be okay! i blowdry seldomly with and I have fine strands. So long and you limit the manipulation you shouldnt have any breakage. Try blowdrying first using tension only and medium heat or cool (whichever u prefer cooler will just take longer). when hair is 75-80 percent dry use a comb, brush, or brush attachment to finish with a higher heat setting.

Pretty much any serum used with a heat protectant will leave your strands protected. I use Nexuss heat protectant and Chi silk infusion or Argan oil 4rm sallys

I think the IC heat protectant should be fine. I've used it in the past and it was very good.

I personally would recommend Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum as it helps straighten your hair in addition to protecting and conditioning it. You could always get a small bottle from the BSS if you don't want to pay for the full size. It's also very concentrated so a little really goes a long way and the bottle lasts forever.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure your hair will turn out great :)! HTH!

Thank you!!!!! I am glad I didn't have to a new thread asking how to blow dry... :lachen:

I haven't blowdried my hair in over 2 years :look: so I feel like a blowdrying newbie.

Thanks again!

You should be okay! i blowdry seldomly with and I have fine strands. So long and you limit the manipulation you shouldnt have any breakage. Try blowdrying first using tension only and medium heat or cool (whichever u prefer cooler will just take longer). when hair is 75-80 percent dry use a comb, brush, or brush attachment to finish with a higher heat setting.

Pretty much any serum used with a heat protectant will leave your strands protected. I use Nexuss heat protectant and Chi silk infusion or Argan oil 4rm sallys

Thank you!!!!! I am glad I didn't have to a new thread asking how to blow dry... :lachen:

I haven't blowdried my hair in over 2 years :look: so I feel like a blowdrying newbie.

Thanks again!

RIGHT! I remember you telling me that a while back... I almost fell out when I saw this thread by you.... :lachen:

Can't wait for the pics!!!

I really like my twist outs on blow dried hair. They turn out so fluffy. I've used that heat protectant and it works fine IMO. Please post pics.

That IC stuff is cool. I've used it. Just remember to towel dry your hair really well. This cuts down on the heat and time that you have to blow dry. Good luck. Your twist out should be beautiful.

This may seem like more work, but IMO its safer. Maybe rollerset your hair with the biggest rollers you can use then put your moisturizer on then twist or braid your hair. I think it will give you the effect you are looking for.

I've never tried this product for blowdrying my hair, but after reading some posts in the thread, I may have to try it one day.

Products that have worked well for me when blowdrying:
CHI Silk Fusion Silk Reconstructing Complex
Mane N Tail Conditioner

Back