(!!!) I Found Out What Was Giving MY Hair Problems...

DSylla said:
I have similar problem. When I sit under the dryer, my curls are silky and smooth. They're not as smooth when I air dry. But, I'm still trying to get a hair regimen that works for me...

BTW Poohbear, I think you hair looks great! I've been checking out your pics since I've joined.
Thank you very much! :kiss: Hope you find a regime that works for you!!! ;)

bajanplums1 said:
Honestly, I agree Poohbear. I am trying to go 3 months before rrlaxing and at this point airdrying is not working. So, I used the blowdryer last wash with great results. mY whole thing is to do a protein treatment, moisturizing conditioner and heat protectant. This helps bc the roots are out of control at this point, but I am stretching!!!
Yep, it's all about the technique and products you use.

More blowdryer converts! Heehee! :D

Hey PB, I'm sure you already know that I'm a user of the blowdryer. ;) I only use it every 2 weeks but it works very well for me. I normally only airdry when I'm wearing a wash n go and that's not very often. Even when I wear a wash n go, I still partially blowdry it, so it won't be sopping wet.

Just keep using a heat protectant and keep the heat to a minimum. You'll be fine. Your hair is really looking good Poohbear. :up:

DangerouslyShy said:
Im glad you found out what was giving you problems...

I have mixed feelings about airdrying...I agree if I am rollersetting...Ill airdry....

if my hair is in braids i will airdry...

but NEVER do i airdry with my hair just loose...it will never work..my hair hates it...[/QUOT

Cosigning with Dshy!!!:)
Airdrying simply does not work for me. I use my blow dryer once a week and have not seen any damaging effects. I do use it on a low setting with moderdate heat.

kitchen_tician said:
Hey PB, I'm sure you already know that I'm a user of the blowdryer. ;) I only use it every 2 weeks but it works very well for me. I normally only airdry when I'm wearing a wash n go and that's not very often. Even when I wear a wash n go, I still partially blowdry it, so it won't be sopping wet.

Just keep using a heat protectant and keep the heat to a minimum. You'll be fine. Your hair is really looking good Poohbear. :up:
Thanks Kitchen_tician!!! :kiss: You're one reason why I went back to blowdrying...and look how GORGEOUS your hair is! Plus, this is what I used to do before joining the forum. But now it's gonna be even better for my hair because I don't use curling irons anymore (stopped using those over a year ago)! :yay:

I am totally surprised that airdrying did that to your hair. I never had any problems airdrying my hair because I would always put a good detangler in it and a moisturizer and comb out each section and braid my hair and air dry it over night. My hair works wonders this way and blow drying, but I prefer airdrying over blow drying. Less damaging. I see everybody's hair texture is different. Do what works for you.

I am wondering if airdrying with using rollers is really working for me. When I rollerset and airdry my ends come out smooth. When I rollerset under a dryer same result. When I airdry any other way my hair looks like who did it and why. My ends look frizzy, my roots curl up and all I can is put my hair up. I defintely think my hair needs something other than regular airdrying for it to work. I may just go back to getting my hair washed and set at the salon once a week and just maintaining it because this airdrying is not working for me. God bless you all.

azul11 said:
I am wondering if airdrying with using rollers is really working for me. When I rollerset and airdry my ends come out smooth. When I rollerset under a dryer same result. When I airdry any other way my hair looks like who did it and why. My ends look frizzy, my roots curl up and all I can is put my hair up. I defintely think my hair needs something other than regular airdrying for it to work. I may just go back to getting my hair washed and set at the salon once a week and just maintaining it because this airdrying is not working for me. God bless you all.
This is why airdried rollersets didn't work for me all the way. I liked how my relaxed hair turned out but my roots would turn out dry and brittle. My hair is fine textured and since I'm not fully relaxed or fully natural, I need to blend the two textures together to avoid breakage. Hope you find what works for your hair. ;)

Back