Things you wish you could change about products

Kindheart

So i ve just used a bit of Anita Grant Mint Cafe Late and my hair smells awful .Perhaps is because i dont like the smell of stale coffee on my hair .I m more of a delicate and clean " scent kind of person.I then apply a little bit of the cafe latte Body butter ,a tiny amount ,and i m left greasy ,leaving grease marks wherever i sit .uhm not good .
This is just an example of products i actually think can be potentially good but lack in one or more areas .In this case scent and formulation.
Another one is Darcy s Peach Milk which i really like ..but smells of aloe w a hint of peach with the heat the smell intensifies leaving my hair smelling unclean .

:nono:
Dont you wish sometimes you d have the power to change a few things about some of the products you like ?

Last edited:
I wish Giovanni's direct leave-in smelled of coconut.
I wish shea butter wouldn't leave a white residue.
I wish coconut oil wasn't rock solid in the winter.

I just wish products would actually do exactly what they claim they'll do. In reality, very few do.

PRICE!
PRICE!
PRICE!
There should be a budget option for natural products as well (someone please create a line called "thick and basic" :lol:), or at least products that simply work on black hair: instead, apparently it's either reformulated weekly, not working anymore old school or chic boutique era and the few products that work are often only available if brought by a blue prince on a white horse when the horse is not throwing nettle seeds around or eating cupuacu, and they come in a small apple size box like pieces of jewelry. Sorry for my rant but I don't even live in the US and things are hard to find and expensive here.

Last edited:
Shipping Charges for On-Line Vendors/Sellers.:rolleyes:

Shipping is Outrageous. And most of the time, lately, the Discount Price is Less than the Shipping.:nono:

Price and availability. I hate having to order online and wait six year for my stuff to arrive. I hate paying shipping. I hate the way the postal lady delivers my mail cuz she literally stands in my driveway and tosses the package up to my doorstep. She sure didn't play softball in school. Why she throwin my stuff?!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

The price, availibility and shipping. I do wish that some offer the option of having product w/o scents. I'm not big on scents (I don't care for my hair to smell like fruits or flowers)

Not being able to buy a lot of natural hair products in a store. I don't care for online shopping at all. And some of the prices are just NUTS! I understand that people are trying to make money but lawd ham mercy. Can a sista get a coupon? lol.

I wish:

- Oyin would change the scent of their Hair Dew (it’s a fantastic next day refresher, but I refuse to buy it because it stinks to high heaven)

- Darcy’s Botanicals offered 16oz sizes

- Companies would stop shoveling cartloads of shea butter into every product (not everyone likes shea butter!)

- Hairveda would work really, really, really hard on improving their shipping times

- Vendors would realize that 15% off is not a sale

Almost everything I buy is worth the price.... I just hate having to factor in shipping.

If I could change anything....

1. Allergens. I hate buying a great product and find out that I'm allergic to it AFTERWARDS. :( :nono: I've had to toss so many things because of sensitivities.

2. Heavily scented products. Whether fruity or musky....When someone can smell me coming a mile away, it's a bit much. :nono: *sigh*

I wish some products would not be regarded as bad, no matter what. Some people do better with sulfates, for example.

I wish products would contain a majority of natural ingredients. I hate reading that a product has coconut oil, avocado oil macadamia oil etc, and seeing that its at the bottom of the product list. There should be a law that says if you're advertising these ingredients on the label, then it should be at least one of the first 5 ingredients listed.

Consistency, some products are so thick and buttery (I don't think that's a word) that they can't penetrate my hair strands.

Ingredients that are marked as being good for the hair, i.e. grapefruit oil, and cherry oil, and kiwi oil, like whats that suppose to do for my hair.

I wish companies would stop putting glycerin into leave-in products (or at least make a glycerin free version).

Yup, I wish Taliah Wajid would go back to the original version of the Protective Mist Bodifier. I also would love it if the Carol's daughter leave in had a lighter scent. Actually it would be great if she offered an unscented version of all of her top products.

I bought Wild Growth Oil...I wish it didn't smell like a$$.... I also wish that it didn't leave a visible white film on my scalp when I co-wash the next day. That was embarassing...I literally had to go home early from work and wash my hair.

Back