Thin/Fine Support Thread

@Esti777, thanks for sharing your story and pics. My hair is low porosity as well. I know that I need some type of protein. I'll use either GPB or cassia obovata.
I've been on vacation and I've had to flat iron my hair a couple of times. I could just collapse because I know I have tons of fried/heat damage strands Luckily it's only part of my hair because the ohter part of my hair is weaved up. Thank God. I'm going to try to limit heat to once or twice a month. It's just a pain!!!

Boy these spilts and cracks are getting on my nerves. I was encouraged to find out that fine hair is more prone to them then other hair, still something must be done.

Seamonster, I deal with this alot as well. Do you use protein in your regimen? I still don't have a tried and true regimen, but I'm trying to incorporate more protein or cassia into what I'm already doing.

yodie I am trying to find a good protein, I just bought shesentit okra, and CJ reconstructor to see if either of them make a difference. What are you using? Anything working?

^^^ I'm still finding what works for me, but here's what I've seen with my hair.

Heavy proteins on a regular basis don't work. My hair likes a balancing moisture/protein condish or a very light protein. Years ago I used Sebastian 2+1 with great success. I knew nothing about my hair back then, but I knew that conditioner did wonders.

Two weeks ago I did a cassia treatment on my hair and followed with a good DC. Ugh, my hair kind felt like straw. Times before, I mixed cassia with my condish, and my hair did alot better with it that way.

So, I plan to stick with cassia glosses or light protein DC's (AO GPB), maybe once a month.

BUMP.....

How is everyone doing? I have been doing lots of bunning and staying away from heat since my relaxer. Is there a thread like this specifically for RELAXED FINE haired folks? I'm trying to build a solid regimine and need all the help I can get :)

My ultimate protein/strengthening treatment comes in the form of my henna sessions. I henna every 4-6 weeks. In between I give my hair mild shots of protein with HOT's...EVOO and coconut have lots of protein, yogurt or mayo treatments. Folks are on that greek yogurt kick...but plain old non flavoured yogurt works just as well!

I'm trying to use henna to cover my grays but it is very difficult to restore the moisture. My hair turned brittle and broke off in the lower crown area due to the henna,
gheez

I'm not going to give up on it.

My hair has been doing kinda good these days. I decided to try à different ps.
Flat twists on front sides,braided bun at the back.

I added some blue magic coconut grease to seal and that stuff makes my hair soft... I try to avoid it but my hair keeps moisture Well with it so , i dont know.

Ill take this style down in à week i guess.

Bumping this thread... I have been on this hair board for a long time and my hair has never flourished. I have shaved it off, went natural, relaxed, went natural and relaxed all since 2005. Right now I will be 1 year relaxer free in October, I have about 2 inches of relaxed ends. I started with a pixie cut and I really want long hair. Just don't know how it's possible with my hair type. I think going natural and getting presssed is my solution but everytime I take down a sew in and look at my real hair I am soooooooooooooo discouraged. Bumping this thread for motivation. We should get some pictures going in here :)

You are right : PICTURES PICTURES LADIES.
we too can have beautiful hair and that having it fine. We just need imagination to create the good styles for our hair type. ;-)

Ill take à pic of this ps tomorrow.

Last edited:
My hair has gotten much thinner as I have gotten.... younger. Since I've been taking chlorella (about 3 months), it is noticibly thicker.

Okay, how many grams are you taking? I'll do anything to get noticeably thicker hair.

Oh my God, me too. I fell off the chorella thinking I couldn't see any difference. My hair is noticably thicker and I'm seriouly retaining lenght. I'm getting back on it by weekend.

I used the powdered form and take 2 level spoon (spoon supplied in with) mixed with apple juice.

I don't understand my hair its only thin/fine on the sides and nape which I can't stand, but I just texlaxed yesterday, I texlax every 12 wks. and now its so thick. I wonder how long this is going to last lol.

To the thin/fine hair ladies do y'all know a good cowash conditioner that doesn't weigh your hair down because mine does even though I thoroughly rinse it out and when my hair is down you can see my ears through my hair lol

To the thin/fine hair ladies do y'all know a good cowash conditioner that doesn't weigh your hair down because mine does even though I thoroughly rinse it out and when my hair is down you can see my ears through my hair lol

Well its not a conditioner, but I use Go Moist from silk dreams. Its light, gently cleanses the hair and it leaves the hair hydrated and soft.

The Shea Moisture a yucca Boabab line (dark green label) has been working extremely well for me. I don't much care for the conditioner but the rest is thumbs up!

lissanaturally
Have you tried the VO5 conditioners? In the beg of my HHJ they didn't seem to work so well for me but when I limited my use of silicones and started clarifying monthly, now they work really well. And they're really cheap!! A good thin consistency for cowashing

ETA: they all have biotin and panthenol for thickening and some have collagen too.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Back