The worst product you have used in the past 6 months.

HanaKuroi

The worst thing I have used was Soultanicals Scalp Rub. This caused itching and bumps. It took me two weeks to get my scalp back to normal.

I have used the ingredients in the scalp rub before but I think it is her formulation.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Organix macadamia nut conditioner. I was stunned at how completely useless it was on my hair after all the hype I'd read about it.....

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

This is such a tough question for me. I have had many products that did nothing, but none that was detrimental to my hair.

Henna sooq sweet honey hair nourisher
Smells horrible (fresh goat meat and ginger). It took me a while to identify the smell, but that's exactly what it smells like.
Hard to apply, feels like applying play though yo my hair.
Results was dry tangled hair.

ronie said:
Henna sooq sweet honey hair nourisher
Smells horrible (fresh goat meat and ginger). It took me a while to identify the smell, but that's exactly what it smells like.
Hard to apply, feels like applying play though yo my hair.
Results was dry tangled hair.

That happened to me and DD. Our hair was dry and tangled.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

*Griffin remedy restorative conditioner. It made my hair hard & caused tangles.
*burts bees baobab conditioner. It smells amazing, but its not very moisturizing.
*dabur's Jasmine oil. That stuff stinks & just sits on my hair. I now use it as a prepoo so that I can use it up.

*Griffin remedy restorative conditioner. It made my hair hard & caused tangles.
*burts bees baobab conditioner. It smells amazing, but its not very moisturizing.
*dabur's Jasmine oil. That stuff stinks & just sits on my hair. I now use it as a prepoo so that I can use it up.

The griffin is awful. My hair matted. At least it made me aware that my hair hates wheat proteins.

Dabur jasmin, the first or second ingredient is mineral oil. So yea.... it doesn't do much.

I hate that stuff. I saw sooooo many great reviews on it. Puzzles me.
Puzzles me too. I used on one section of my hair to blow dry, and I quickly put it away. The hair got dry and sticky. I see people use it with great results, so I thought I did something wrong. Guess I'm not alone.

Soultanicals Knot Butter
Really really bad. I used it to seal my twists after washing and a week later when I took them down, I had matts like I never experienced before. I was freaking out. I had to cut out a couple knots because they weren't budging. It's like it coated my hair and made it stick together. So so bad.

Last edited:
Joico k-pak Liquid reconstructor - terrible, dried out my hair so badly

It's funny how products won't work for some...but works for others. My hair LOVES the K-Pak Liquid reconstructor. It curls up nicely when I apply it.

Pantene Shampoo for Relaxed and Naturals - straight garbage unless you like cheap poos that strip your hair

Luscious Locks Shea Butter Shampoo (sulfate free) - Left my hair dry, dry, dry and I do use sulfate shampoos that's much more moisturizing! Smells good though. :look:

L'Oreal EverCreme Sulfate-Free Cleansing Conditioner - It was good for a while but eventually it started sitting on my hair and leaving it dry. I think they changed the formula.

Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque - Too thick, greasy and sat on my hair. Its not even a good leave-in.

1. Vo5 passion fruit conditioner- gave me a headache, filled with horrible chemicals & caused my hair to shed TREMENDOUSLY. never again. I don't care how cheap & slippery it is!

2. DIY homemade garlic oil to stop shedding caused by Vo5... Not sure if it helped or not. But that was before thanksgiving & I can still smell garlic when my scalp gets wet. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and curl and style milk. My hair felt like burnt straw. I purchased a whole bunch when it was on sale at CVS. I now use it as lotion for me feet.!!!!!!!!

:lachen::lachen: I just bought the curl enhancing smoothie too because it was on sale :look: but just in case it doesn't work out, you gave me an idea girl lol. I would say for me it was Mizani BB lye relaxer. It left my hair dry and brittle :perplexed::nono: it took a while to nurse my hair back from that mess.

Wow, I can't imagine all these terrible reactions! I've tried a lot of products and none of them have reacted that badly. Some of them are just "meh" to me, but not horrific!

Cantu flat iron spray. I like most Cantu products but the logic of that particular spray being marketed as a flat iron spray baffles me. It has the hold of spritz, maximum hold setting lotion/form/liquid, or maximum hold hair spray no flat iron necessary

My hair absolutely hated Queen Helene Cholesterol. My coils refused to do anything but sulk and look at me sideways until my next shampoo. Never again.

Aussie moist. Its not a bad product, but compared to hello hydration, humecto and humectress it sucks. My hair didnt feel as soft after I cowashed with it

Mane N Tail Hair Strengthener. I sprayed that stuff in my hair and I swear real alarm bells rang out. Lol I washed it out immediately. Ew.

Back