The Rules Revisited Blog

AstroQueen77

http://www.therulesrevisited.com/

I chanced upon this blog and really liked a lot of the blog posts. It comes from a male perspective, but he seems very balanced and reasonable, while still giving insight and truth. Anyone come across it? He gives very good advice for a lot of situations that happen in relationships. Just wanted to share..

Meh.
There's something inherently creepy (in my honest opinion) about a site with a dude telling women, "how to get dudes." It reeks of ulterior motives....none of them good.

There's just too many people in this world, with too many issues who have figured out ways to get over, on others--via the internet. You have NO idea who this person really is, and what their motivation is.

I just read some of the posts and liked the blog too. I think he says a lot of the things that we say here.

I enjoy his blog. Men are not that complicated. For the most part they share the same views about women, unlike us. Things that he has said, I've heard plenty of other men, black and white say....

Meh.
There's something inherently creepy (in my honest opinion) about a site with a dude telling women, "how to get dudes." It reeks of ulterior motives....none of them good.

There's just too many people in this world, with too many issues who have figured out ways to get over, on others--via the internet. You have NO idea who this person really is, and what their motivation is.

i'm curious at what kind of motives you think that one who writes a blog such as this one could have.

I read his "about me" for personal insight and he seems fairly normal. i don't see anything about him taking donations so i'm not sure how'd he "get over".

What say you?

Meh.

It isn't about necessarily "how to get dudes"...its more about understanding how men and women work. But, as always, we need to read with discernment to see if the advice fits.

eh i don't trust men who refer to women as "females"... he lost me at the introduction to the blog.

e: okay despite this i went ahead and gave him a chance, and i do think he has a useful perspective that a lot of women could benefit from. my problem is not wanting to end things even when i know i'm not going to get what i want out of a relationship or end up where i ultimately want to be. i tend to err on the side of dragging things out because it makes me happy and not want to worry about the consequences. a lot of the things he says makes it easier to understand how men are able to drop something cold and move on with their lives, they just arent capable of experiencing the same range of emotions that women are. i know a lot of women will tell you that's not true and you shouldn't let men off the hook for their emotional unavailability just because they are men, but i have to start following what i know to be true rather than normative advice. he said something about how in most relationships men usually arent emotionally invested and even when they are, it occurs gradually and to a lesser degree.

i have always struggled with feeling more invested in relationships than the guy i am with, and i interpret this as a personal failing on my part. it's like how i knew my relationship with my ex needed to end but i didnt want to do it, and was hurt when he broke up with me instead. at this point i think i need a man who loves me more than i love him because otherwise im not sure i could really feel secure in a relationship.

i read a book once about that kind of love and it made me stop and realise that i didnt feel like i deserved a man who felt that intensely about me. it also helped me to understand i shouldnt settle for anything less than that, and thats why these days i try to break things off, even though i dont want to, if i think that i might be settling.

Last edited:
i'm curious at what kind of motives you think that one who writes a blog such as this one could have.

I read his "about me" for personal insight and he seems fairly normal. i don't see anything about him taking donations so i'm not sure how'd he "get over".

What say you?

@keyawarren

I probably should have started by asking what people's relationship goals are. :yep:

If your goals match his,....someone who seems to be looking for booty calls, fun and short term flings...then, sure why not read his blog?

If your goal is a long-term committed relationship, and/or working toward marriage...personally, I wouldn't be reading that blog if that was my goal. Read and take advice from people (male or female) who have what you want....people who have the type of life you want.

Then again, what do I know?
I'm just going on 15 years of marriage.

Last edited:
It isn't about necessarily "how to get dudes"...its more about understanding how men and women work. But, as always, we need to read with discernment to see if the advice fits.

@AstroQueen77

I don't understand the appeal--but at the end of the day....I really don't have to. :lol: It's your choice to make, and you seem to like what he has to say.

We're all different. I'll admit, that I'm naturally suspicious of dude's on-line. I've seen lots of women taken advantage of (not just "monetarily").
There are other forms of exploitation, on the internet.

He and his blog scream "red flag" at me. It did not for anyone else here. (blyss shrugs).

Again, consider your goals. Continue to read, if you find value in it.

Last edited:
eh i don't trust men who refer to women as "females"... he lost me at the introduction to the blog.

e: okay despite this i went ahead and gave him a chance, and i do think he has a useful perspective that a lot of women could benefit from. my problem is not wanting to end things even when i know i'm not going to get what i want out of a relationship or end up where i ultimately want to be. i tend to err on the side of dragging things out because it makes me happy and not want to worry about the consequences. a lot of the things he says makes it easier to understand how men are able to drop something cold and move on with their lives, they just arent capable of experiencing the same range of emotions that women are. i know a lot of women will tell you that's not true and you shouldn't let men off the hook for their emotional unavailability just because they are men, but i have to start following what i know to be true rather than normative advice. he said something about how in most relationships men usually arent emotionally invested and even when they are, it occurs gradually and to a lesser degree.

i have always struggled with feeling more invested in relationships than the guy i am with, and i interpret this as a personal failing on my part. it's like how i knew my relationship with my ex needed to end but i didnt want to do it, and was hurt when he broke up with me instead. at this point i think i need a man who loves me more than i love him because otherwise im not sure i could really feel secure in a relationship.

i read a book once about that kind of love and it made me stop and realise that i didnt feel like i deserved a man who felt that intensely about me. it also helped me to understand i shouldnt settle for anything less than that, and thats why these days i try to break things off, even though i dont want to, if i think that i might be settling.

Thanks for sharing this. I don't always agree with what he says, but I have learned some things early on that he explains to his readers. I also admit that although I don't always like the way some guys operate, he is being truthful and precise when explaining the whys of it. I particularly liked his post entitled "Don't Let a Guy Waste Your Most Eligible Years". I've been guilty of this. I'm not married yet, and I still have to navigate through "dating life".

Some of his articles seems like he is just pushing his own jerkish opinions on others, instead of giving the general male perspective. Pass.

Back