The Queen's Code By Alison Armstrong Bookclub

Aww thank you @caribeandiva

Should we propose a schedule. I think one chapter every 2 weeks should be good. During my first reread, I highlighted all of the homework assignments Claudia gave Kim so we can use those assignments as our own and discuss those questions and any others that come up until our discussion time.

I think what would also work, in this thread is to find a set time frame that we all can get to our computers and chat it out they way you would do in a live book club.

Should we propose a schedule. I think one chapter every 2 weeks should be good. During my first reread, I highlighted all of the homework assignments Claudia gave Kim so we can use those assignments as our own and discuss those questions and any others that come up until our discussion time.

I think what would also work, in this thread is to find a set time frame that we all can get to our computers and chat it out they way you would do in a live book club.
That's a great idea! How do we do this? Do we still have a chatroom here on LHCF?
As for schedule I think one chapter every 2 weeks is fine. That doesn't mean you can't read ahead for those who are fast readers. Since the early chapters are short we might be able to do 1 chapter a week. Let's see how the one chapter every 2 weeks works out first.
@hopeful welcome to the bookclub! :wave:

I was thinking the same terms. Like when I was reading, I wanted to do the homework assignments myself.

Alright ladies, I had no other ideas on how to do this. Let's really get deep into this wonderful book. I'm thinking we'll spend one or 2 weeks on a chapter. Then we'll share our thoughts as we go along. What do you think?

@almond eyes @TracyNicole @Kimbosheart @Duchesse and anyone else who'd like to join!

I just finished two books that were recommended and I need to get on this Queen's Code this week. Great idea. I will download it today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Almond Eyes

Thanks for creating this book club @caribeandiva ! :grin: :grin: I think it's better that we have this club to discuss the book here and reserve the Feminine Belle's board for recommendations, Feminine "Updates", thoughts, feelings, results, etc. :yep:

Count me in! :yay:

I'm already half-way through TQC already, but I can definitely discuss each chapter with you guys here. :yep:

It's better to just buy her online ebook on the website than the kindle version from Amazon. A little more expensive, $14.95 vs. $9.95, but a lot more info included.
Wow really?? What additional things does the ebook have? And is it the same book with extra stuff? Or is it completely different but written in a more manual "how to" format as opposed to a novel/story format like TQC??

Wow really?? What additional things does the ebook have? And is it the same book with extra stuff? Or is it completely different but written in a more manual "how to" format as opposed to a novel/story format like TQC??

It's the same book but with messages from her, chapter wrap up etc. Some other stuff too. My understanding is that you can only read the first chapter for free.

Thanks for creating this book club @caribeandiva ! :grin: :grin: I think it's better that we have this club to discuss the book here and reserve the Feminine Belle's board for recommendations, Feminine "Updates", thoughts, feelings, results, etc. :yep:

Count me in! :yay:

I'm already half-way through TQC already, but I can definitely discuss each chapter with you guys here. :yep:
Welcome to the club! :wave: I'm so happy you joined!

Also, the paperback is a little cheaper on lulu.com than Amazon. There is a link on the queen's code website. I'm on the 2nd chapter. It's enlightening and certainly a different perspective. I'm looking forward to discussing with you ladies.

Alright ladies there's 8 chapters. If we do 1 every 2 weeks we'll be done in 16 weeks which is pretty good. So here's the schedule so far:

Sep. 25 - Oct. 10: Chapter 1
Oct. 11 - Oct. 24: Chapter 2
Oct. 25 - Nov. 7: Chapter 3
Nov. 8 - Nov. 21: Chapter 4
Nov. 22 - Dec. 5: Chapter 5
Dec. 6 - Dec. 19: Chapter 6
Dec. 20 - Jan. 2: Holiday Break
Jan. 3 - Jan. 16: Chapter 7
Jan. 17 - Jan. 31: Chapter 8
Update your thoughts, insights, aha moments as you go. Also do the exercises that the characters are assigned. :yep:

Last edited:
Do you guys maybe want to skip the two weeks over the Christmas holidays? So Resume with Chap 7 on Jan 3 and then start chap 8 on the 17th?

Also, I like the idea of a facebook group that would allow us to chat, post info, files, etc. There might be a better chat device, but I'm not sure what it is. I have a yahoo group for another group, but I'm not that fond of it.

Do you guys maybe want to skip the two weeks over the Christmas holidays? So Resume with Chap 7 on Jan 3 and then start chap 8 on the 17th?

Also, I like the idea of a facebook group that would allow us to chat, post info, files, etc. There might be a better chat device, but I'm not sure what it is. I have a yahoo group for another group, but I'm not that fond of it.
Ok I'll edit it.

We can start discussing now. This will be a rereading for a lot of us here.

Okay good :grin:. I'm on chapter three now. I got to the section about how we castrate men, I was standing up at the time, and my knees kinda broke, you know, I became weak in my knees, almost fell. I won't say anymore now but I got clarity on something I've been trying to get to my entire life, as well as my entire marriage. Also the wrap up videos are awesome. One lady described how her "boyfriend" never contacts her between dates ever. And yet she said they loved each other. Alison gently and kindly tells her that he is not the one for her and will not give her what she's looking for. The book transcends romantic relationships too. It's also helping me understand the dynamic between me and my half-sister. Okay that's it for now. I am loving this. Thank you so much for starting this thread @caribeandiva. It's a game changer, a life changer.

e. Also the wrap up videos are awesome. One lady described how her "boyfriend" never contacts her between dates ever. And yet she said they loved each other. Alison gently and kindly tells her that he is not the one for her and will not give her what she's looking for. The book transcends romantic relationships too. It's also helping me understand the dynamic between me and my half-sister. Okay that's it for now. I am loving this. Thank you so much for starting this thread @caribeandiva. It's a game changer, a life changer.

I missed this. Where do you find the videos?

Back