The Official 2006 sew in/weave challenge

pretty-girl#1 said:
Hey ladies,

I'm in my 3rd sew in of the year. I have blond and brown hair that looks like a natural curly fro. It is a full head and I've gotten many compliments. I hope this hair can last me to the end of this month. Then I'll take it out and do the same type of hair in black. I am happy right now with this look. It also gives me an idea of how I'll look with my natural hair. For those who wanted to know what a lacefront wig is. It is a hand made wig that is supposed to be extra thin and look extra natural. You glue it to the sides of your head and you can wear it for a few days/ weeks like that. You can part your hair any where on the wig and it is the choice of many famous women when they want a quick new look. HHG

OOO really? so the lace front is more of a temporary, 3 day maybe 1 week change.....
hmmmm...

So do you just get a stocking cap and glue the hair on to your head like that then?
I saw my gf do that before, but I dont know if it's the same thing.
She got a 26 piece look.
Any philly ladies know where and how I can get a lace front done?

I Have ARRIVED! Oh my goodness, I swear I've been lurking on this site for almost four months. And I finally learned how to subscribe. But ANYwayz, I definetly wanna join this challenge. My regime is as follows;

1. Weave for four weeks
2. Remove weave and deep condition
3. Redo weave
4. Relaxe every 5-6 months
6. Trim if needed and give hair a break for three weeks
7. begin cycle again

Other than my regime, I MTG three times a week and take both fingerprinted horsetail and noixin once daily (even if I don't get the growth both vitamins give me soooo much energy when taken before bed).

I'm too excited right now:D :D :D :D :D

simpleDIVA said:
I Have ARRIVED! Oh my goodness, I swear I've been lurking on this site for almost four months. And I finally learned how to subscribe. But ANYwayz, I definetly wanna join this challenge. My regime is as follows;

1. Weave for four weeks
2. Remove weave and deep condition
3. Redo weave
4. Relaxe every 5-6 months
6. Trim if needed and give hair a break for three weeks
7. begin cycle again

Other than my regime, I MTG three times a week and take both fingerprinted horsetail and noixin once daily (even if I don't get the growth both vitamins give me soooo much energy when taken before bed).

I'm too excited right now:D :D :D :D :D

Welcome simpleDiva, have a nice hair journey with LHCF:grin: :) !

trinidarkie1 said:
So do you just get a stocking cap and glue the hair on to your head like that then?
I saw my gf do that before, but I dont know if it's the same thing.
She got a 26 piece look.
Any philly ladies know where and how I can get a lace front done?

You buy a lacefront. You can look on BHM for info on how to order direct from China (where they are made) or buy one at a considerably marked up price from sellers on ebay and other websites. What you are talking about I've heard reffered to as a quick weave or stocking cap weave that a hairdresser makes on your head.

metro_qt said:
I didn't know i'd be on the weave challenge, but here I am!!!
I got my weave 2 weeks ago, and i'll probably leave it in for another 4 weeks.
It's a full head, and I love it.
I'm just wondering about the girl who braided my hair.. she did it way too tight... my back and edges are going to be gone when I take this down...

BmoreFlyy.. can you tell me what kind of hair you have in your signiature? I love it, I think i'd like that for my next weave...

It's sensationnel goddess remy french wave

metro_qt said:
OOO really? so the lace front is more of a temporary, 3 day maybe 1 week change.....
hmmmm...

Yeah they say the lacefront wigs can be kept on for weeks at a time but most of the ladies over at BHM say they have to reglue every few days or so.

mysweetevie said:
Im ready to get this mess outta my head. :mad: It's been almost 17 weeks of my hair not being out.

Just about the same for me. Ive been braided up since Jan 13 and plan to take this out next weekend, get relaxed, let my hair breathe for a couple weeks the braid it up for summer. I guess Im in this challenge.:D

I am in this challenge! I had my hair sewn in using Milky Way's Ripple Deep 8" hair. At first I felt that it was too tight because my scalp hurt for like 2 days. Is that normal? Some of my edges were left out so I guess that's a plus.

Can someone tell me how to wash my sew in as well as deep comdition my natural hair? Can you use protein on your braided hair to ensure less breakage? Do you use a leave in spray for your natural hair? If so, what type.

I will:
Wash biweekly
Surge my braids
Sta Sof Fro for moisture

Last edited:
Okay so this weave is itching like hell! :mad: I've never had this much itching before. It didn't itch the first day, but the second day it did and it's just been an ongoing thing. I've been spraying braid/weave spray in it and it helps for a little bit but then the itching starts again. I'm sure my nails are tearing my poor little scalp up. :( I did get back on my vitamins again this week after a week hiatus. I thought the biotin was making my face break out. There was like a few small bumps it kind of looked like a rash in a few patches on my face. But ended up being because I slept in my friends room and the laundry detergent she used on her sheets my skin didn't like. I was upset bc I had a little rash on my face the day before my bday but it was gone the next morning. Ahh well ... Anyone using anything else to combat itching? I'm going crazy over here. I don't particularly like this hair either. That might be it. This weave is coming out in 3 weeks. I don't even care anymore.

I put in my 4th sew in of the year a week ago. I really like the look. It kinda looks like Kelly Rowland's hair these past few weeks she has been wearing the black curly look. I really like this look on me, and have gotten many compliments on it. I hope it stays up for a while! When my mom went to braid my hair she said "Now this is a nice head of hair!" She had just braided my sister's and brother's hair and it made me feel really good for her to compliment my hair. I believe this challenge is very beneficial to me! I am excited about my hair growth and I hope everyone else is as well!
HHG

pretty-girl#1 said:
I put in my 4th sew in of the year a week ago. I really like the look. It kinda looks like Kelly Rowland's hair these past few weeks she has been wearing the black curly look. I really like this look on me, and have gotten many compliments on it. I hope it stays up for a while! When my mom went to braid my hair she said "Now this is a nice head of hair!" She had just braided my sister's and brother's hair and it made me feel really good for her to compliment my hair. I believe this challenge is very beneficial to me! I am excited about my hair growth and I hope everyone else is as well!
HHG

What type of hair is it?

I'M IN I GOT MY FULL HEAD SEW-IN IN JAN NOW IT'S MARCH I'M GOING TO TAKE IT OUT IN APRIL WEAR MY REAL HAIR FOR A MONTH JUST WASH AND CONDITION THEN RE-WEAVE IT IN MAY THEN TAKE IT OUT IN AUG WEAR A MONTH OF CONDITIONING RE-WEAVE IN SEPT THEN WEAR IT UNTIL DECEMBER THEN I WILL START THE NEW YEAR WITH A NEW HAIRSTYLE BEST WISHES EVERYONE.

kit-kat said:
What type of hair is it?

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. It's by a brand called MODEL MODEL, it is 8" black wet and curly hair. I used two and one half packs and my hair is very full and natural looking! It's totaly easy to style. I just come it out in the morning and wet it with my spray bottel of Aveda/ S-Curl/ Water mix, and use my elixor liquid gel to make it stay in place. I absolutely love it.

I cheated....I took the weave out on Sunday :( My newgrowth is screaming. :look: So I have just conditioned and will touchup on Sat.

i took my weave out around the 19th after 3 1/2 months , i got alotta growth, i just finished braiding my hair 1 minute ago..plan on leaving this in for 2 months..i alternate...

Can some of you post your braid/weave routines with products, I will be investing in a weave with velvet remi hair soon and I wanna get my monies worth.

Weave challenge ladies... any updates? I'm currently taking a break for a week or two but Ill be getting weaved back up probably right before graduation. How's everyone elses challenge and regimen coming along?

I think Im going to start again. My hair didnt grow that much but it was easy:lol:

I think i will use Janet collection hair. I found a place that sells it for 20 a pack. :eek: Cheap compared to my Remi Velvet that was 80 a pack.:mad: Too me it looked to fake for the price.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Weave challenge ladies... any updates? I'm currently taking a break for a week or two but Ill be getting weaved back up probably right before graduation. How's everyone elses challenge and regimen coming along?

I'm cheating girl, actually I have box braids with extensions(crown and glory method) I got bored of my weave head! But the weave challenge worked well for me :
See my pictures the first was before the first weave in december 2005 and the second was in april 2006(before the trim:( )!!

Attachments

• dec05.jpg
    dec05.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 08avril-06-lhcf.gif
    08avril-06-lhcf.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 9
I took mine out but now I'm missing it.

Bmorefly...What type of hair does your girl have in the middle? I like her hair.

kit-kat said:
I took mine out but now I'm missing it.

Bmorefly...What type of hair does your girl have in the middle? I like her hair.
Outre wet and wavy... To be honest it doesn't look that good in person. It looks like weave. Before she got it she had showed me pictures of her cousin who had it and was going on about how good the waves looked. It did look nice in the pictures of the girl, but once I saw it in person I was like thats it? But most curly or wavy bss hair looks like weave to me anyway. That why I opted for the remy. I had my own brother ask me was that all my hair. :lachen: There's some pictures of it in my fotki. People really thought that was my hair. I had so many dudes tell me I had such pretty hair days even on the days where it was looking kind of dry bc I was being lazy. I'll be buying it again probably in the 18" length and reusing it for weaves the whole summer. Oh yeah, And once you wash it it's gonna go to hell. I had the body wave before and had to take it out after 3 weeks. It looked a frizzy mess. She only got it in for the event so she won't be washing it or anything. She's taking it out in two weeks when school ends.

Last edited:
I just took out my weave of 5 weeks. It was okay.
I was really nasty and lazy and did not wash until after a few weeks, I applied products to my scalp throughout.
It's out now and I am back to my regular schedule and wearing a phony for a while.
I think I'm gonna do my bantus for a couple weeks and then figure out what's the best for the summer.
Braids are just too heavy for me.
I'm definitely going to be weaved up in the winter time though, so I might just take the rest of the year easy.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Outre wet and wavy... To be honest it doesn't look that good in person. It looks like weave. Before she got it she had showed me pictures of her cousin who had it and was going on about how good the waves looked. It did look nice in the pictures of the girl, but once I saw it in person I was like thats it? But most curly or wavy bss hair looks like weave to me anyway. That why I opted for the remy. I had my own brother ask me was that all my hair. :lachen: There's some pictures of it in my fotki. People really thought that was my hair. I had so many dudes tell me I had such pretty hair days even on the days where it was looking kind of dry bc I was being lazy. I'll be buying it again probably in the 18" length and reusing it for weaves the whole summer. Oh yeah, And once you wash it it's gonna go to hell. I had the body wave before and had to take it out after 3 weeks. It looked a frizzy mess. She only got it in for the event so she won't be washing it or anything. She's taking it out in two weeks when school ends.

Thanks Bmore...I will try the Remy instead.

Ladies I updated my journal in the blog section, I put the step by step instructions of how to do a full head sew-in weave w/ headband but none of your real hair will be out and you can moisturize. This is the weave I used to get done and I learned to do it myself and have made tons of progress, saved $$$ and retained good length. hth

I just found some great hair in the clearance bin at the BSS today. It kind of looks like my beloved french wave remy. It's some random sensationnel hair in different packaging. It just said wave wvg and it's 18 inch human hair. It was originally $32.99 a pack but in the clearance bin for $14.99. I used to buy my euro wave out their clearance bin for $14.99 about a year ago for my straight weaves. Now they have tons of clearance hair. If this hair holds up, I might go back and buy more. We'll see what happens once I wash it... I'm very pleased with my purchase though. :D

I am taking a hiatus from weaves. I take mine down in February and had success with my hair growing but I went back to the braids. I think I will get weave in September or October when it isn't so hot and humid.

Back