~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

chebaby, i heatstylednatural did a review of that whole line in her blog, and pretty much all of them were fails. the only positive things were that the mist was a hair perfume. other than that, she said the pretty much weren't worth the price tag at all.

hey, i have never seen your hair other than your avi. can we see your hair? pretty please? ♥

Che, I hope that your hair feels better tomorrow! I know how upsetting it can be when a new product not only doesn't do what you want it to do, but fails completely.

Keep us updated!

thanx ladies.
yall are right, i should sit under the dryer. i will do that tongiht and then put my hair in twists with qhemet heavy cream.

the pic in my avi is of my hair when i was realxed, all my natural pics are on my phone lol. when i get my new computer i will change the photo. right now im using someone elses computer.

my hair likes creamy leave in sealed with butters or oils too. i thought about the juice but i cant see myself doing it.
plus i plan on keeping my hair twisted now anyway so everyday i'll spray with something like oyin juices before i hop in the shower so the steam can help with moisture. i plan to keep my twist in for 1 week at a time.

Okay ladies, I'm kind of envious of you all right now. Soon after my BC I had twists installed so I have not had a chance to really see my natural hair. All this time waiting to chop just to cover it up. I did want more length first, I just didn't want to have to transition any longer. So I guess in another 6 weeks I can finally see what works for me, what styles I like, etc...

Until then I'll drop by to see what everyone else is doing and to view the pics *drools*

Back to daily cowashing and wet bunning. It's so simple, and my hair seems to love it. Sometimes I get bored and want to try other things, but I don't want to cause any setbacks, so I'll stick with what I know.

Congrats Platinum on your BC! It looks beautiful!

Back to daily cowashing and wet bunning. It's so simple, and my hair seems to love it. Sometimes I get bored and want to try other things, but I don't want to cause any setbacks, so I'll stick with what I know.

Congrats Platinum on your BC! It looks beautiful!

Cch24, what are you using as co-washing!

Cch24, what are you using as co-washing!

Hi Ltown!

I've been using the Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner to cowash and detangle. I rinse it all out, and use Knot Today as a leave-in and Mozeke Avocado Cream as a moisturizer. This combo keeps my hair soft and moisturized all day. I love it!

How is your hair progressing since your BC? Have you been cowashing too?

Hi Ltown!

I've been using the Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner to cowash and detangle. I rinse it all out, and use Knot Today as a leave-in and Mozeke Avocado Cream as a moisturizer. This combo keeps my hair soft and moisturized all day. I love it!

How is your hair progressing since your BC? Have you been cowashing too?

I doing good no new hairstyle beside buns, still trying to get some length. Co-washing works sometime I just have to find one that don't make it waxy. I used Jason Biotin, Skala and hair one, it a hit/miss.

I finally got a leave in conditioner: Jane Carter Solution Leave in Conditioner. It is a light spray with a very strong fresh scent. So far I like it. I spritz my hair with it before applying my butter. My hair has grown a little bit and is still super super thick. Its now 2-2 1/4 inches all around. Shrinkage is still a killer.

I doing good no new hairstyle beside buns, still trying to get some length. Co-washing works sometime I just have to find one that don't make it waxy. I used Jason Biotin, Skala and hair one, it a hit/miss.

I agree that finding a conditioner that works well is hard, but keep looking! Once you find one you may decide that cowashing is perfect for you.

Do you use cones?

I agree that finding a conditioner that works well is hard, but keep looking! Once you find one you may decide that cowashing is perfect for you.

Do you use cones?
Yes, but I probably don't need to for co-washing and leave them for the DC.

100_0772-vi.jpg

I love your results Andromeda!!

I did it Ladies! I BC'd last night!:grin: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=465242

I can't believe I'm 100% natural! I baggied with SCurl last night and I don't think my hair or scalp like it. My hair feels coated and my scalp itches like crazy. :wallbash: Subscribing to this thread.:yep:

Congrats Plat!!! Your puff is gonna be awesome!! Love It!!

I can't hang with the juice. It leaves my hair feeling coated. My hair likes creamy leave ins sealed with oil

Well I like the juice. I just modify mine and don't over do the application. I combine Scurl, Wave Noveau, Carefree Curl Gold and some lemongrass essential oil with about 1/4 cup/spray bottle of distilled water for dilution. I add this to my hair at night when I set and then I use castor oil on my roots and tips. My hair stays moisturized and not greasy.
Like I said, It's all in the application!

i got in the mail today the new afroveda hemp seed lock twist and roll butter. its not as thick and dense as it used to be but it still has hold. i like it so far and i will be using it next sunday when i take these twists down and put more in.

it didnt take me that long to do my twists last night either. i used qhemet and my hair is so soft and shiny.

Che, do you wear your twists down or do you put them in an updo? Also, I read in another thread that you like the Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer. Did you use a leave-in underneath it? Or was that the only styling product you used?

My scalp itches like crazy.:wallbash::wallbash: I'm thinking about using MN again. It worked wonders for my itchy scalp a few years ago. I'm working on a product list. So far I have...

Shampoo: Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing (old formula- green and white bottle)
Condish: Suave Humectant
Moisturizer: Worlds of Curls Curl Moisturizer, Stay Sof Fro
Gel: EcoStyler Olive Oil
Oils: Vatika Oil, Castor Oil, Black Castor Oil
Leave in Condish: Creme of Nature Lemongrass & Rosemary

Still looking for a DC. I'm on the fence about Lustrasilk Shea and Mango.:ohwell:

My mini update

Some pictures. I can't believe how much my hair has filled in and THICKENED up. Here is my hair on February 11th, 2010:
BCFeb112010-1.jpg

And here is my hair NOW:
IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

Woot Woot!

I'm newly "all natural" as of 3 weeks ago. I got a texturizer about 2 years ago and just recently cut those ends off.

My last relaxer was in 2006, but I used a texturizer a few times afterwards.

I curly have different textures more curly in the back and wavy in the front.

I will where my hair out wavy on the weekends and a wig to work during the week. Trying to get my back past BSL FAST!

My hair is currenly APL when flatironed.

I'm currenlty trying: Miss Jessies, Mixed Chicks, Shea Moisture, and Bee Mine.

My intro

Hi Everyone!

When you BCd
April 9, 2010

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd 12! was so glad when it was over. lol.

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness

I will try my hardest with this. I believe that I have fine hairs (especially after talking with my mom), but a lot of it so, very thick hair. It shrinks a lot, I think more than half of its stretched length. Curls are the size of a pin spring some slightly larger in the front. I think I am mostly a 4a with some 4b bits in there too. I think its growing up and out.

Your current regimen
I cowash every other day (sometimes every 3 days, or everyday, just depends) with Suave Humectant.
Oil rinses when I detangle once every week and a half.
DC once a week with ORS replenshing, olive oil, and honey.
When I had too much buildup, I poo'd with Aphogee Deep Moisture (relic from way back when I was relaxed).
I leave in a little humectant or use cantu shea butter leave in (usually the latter).
I moisturize with olive oil and Elasta QP Olive oil & Mango butter.
I don't know what to seal with? Coconut oil leaves my hair feeling super hard and dry.

Your favorite styles Wash and gos, and my puff. :)

Your current length and goal length I am just about chin length stretched, and my goal is to be neck length unstretched.. bra strap length stretched.

Your photo album, if any None yet..

Any suggestions? :grin:

Re: My intro

Hey guys, I acually BC'd in November of 2009, after a one year transition. Am I still newly natural?
If I am....

When you BCd
November 6, 2009

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness

4 a mix of coils, crinkles and pin springs

Your current regimen
-Prepoo with some conditioner and mix it with vatika or coconut oil
-wash with either my Creme of Nature or some CD Black Vanillas
-DC with cholesterol and a mix of almond oil and jojoba oil(funnyhow my hair likes the same things it does as when I was relaxed :ohwell:, is this just me?)
- Use, Kinky Curly KNot Today and Garnier Long and Strong as a leave in. (I don't do curly girl)
-Use coconut oil to seal
-Shingle with Eco styler or Kinky Curly.
-if I aint shingling, I usually do twists with Miss Jessie and seal with lightly with jojoba

I do this one time a week if it's in twists, twice if I am shingling.

Your favorite styles Wash and gos, and my two-strand twist up do

Your current length and goal length
I am shoulder length stretched and ear length unstretched.
I think I have reached BAA status
My goal length is atleast WL, lol

Your photo album, if any None yet..

Any suggestions?

ZeeOl'Lady- My hair seems to like the same products that my transitioning hair likes as well. I haven't felt a need to switch up my regimen/ products, but I will re-evaluate in July and see how my hair is progressing.

Back