The Micro-twists revolution...my pics

Absolutely beautiful!! I don't have the patience to do these myself, but maybe I'll have my newly found natural stylist do mini twist on my hair next week.

Mook, is your hair very thick? I want to do micro-twists but mine always come out fat. How do you get your hair straight enough for the twists to lay down and not shrink-up into fat dunks?

Thanks for all the love!

how do you keep the twists from swelling up? I think it's mainly because I oiled and blow dried my hair first. (yes I was careful).
And also I used a creamy whipped shea butter product while twisting them. No water.

I do not plan to wash these I want to keep from saturating them because I think that is what will make them frizz and mat. 2 weeks in, I will start to use liquid and baggy the ends only then around 5 weeks I'll stratdoing a whole head baggy.

But I'm gonna use the Luscious & BEe Loved on my ends daily. And keep them tied up while I'm in the house.

This NJ winter is often cold and unfriendly.

How long are you gonna keep them in? As long as possible I'm aiming for a minimum of 6 weeks hopefully longer.

ConvolutedCurly - you look like Raven Simmone in your sig. (very funny to me because people often try to tell me that. :-)

shrink-up into fat dunks - That is just hilarious to me...:lachen:

Those are beautiful! I absolutely always, always love your hair. I wish I was as savvy as you when it came to creating natural styles.

Back